real talk: black people need to stop moving to the burbs

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
nikkas been trying to turn around Detroit for 30 years man.I love the city but that shyt ain't happenin' w/o outside support.

yeah i've always said that the reason why nyc,chicago and a few other cities with a lot of black people didn't completely go to shyt is becuz white folks and jobs still stayed in the city...

gary,detroit,flint, etc lost both..and the fact its in the midwest makes it even more unlikely for anything to change for the better..

but the hood mentality is so serious, in a sad way, man...and its been carried on for decades..but all of it isn't just our fault, str8 up..back in the day,banks wouldn't let us get loans, and when blacks did get a lil money to buy property and own businessess in the hood, those muthafukkin JEWS, who were the rent collectors or real estate agents would raise the rent on us and just overall make it even harder to maintain,survive, and live out this "american dream"..now, we was dealing with that, AND blatant racism, and knowing about our history and how it began in america in general, all plays a part in our psyche..and its plays apart in some degree in the majority of every black person in america..some of the mentally stronger black people have indeed overcame and were (and are) able to advance...but everybody isn't strong, at least not when it come to dealing with the american way of life and how its supposed to be lived..and its becuz of that sense of hopelessness that began to overtake a lot of us decades ago and is still getting taught unconsciously (and consciously in certain cases) in some form or fashion to this day

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
yeah i've always said that the reason why nyc,chicago and a few other cities with a lot of black people didn't completely go to shyt is becuz white folks and jobs still stayed in the city...

gary,detroit,flint, etc lost both..and the fact its in the midwest makes it even more unlikely for anything to change for the better..

but the hood mentality is so serious, in a sad way, man...and its been carried on for decades..but all of it isn't just our fault, str8 up..back in the day,banks wouldn't let us get loans, and when blacks did get a lil money to buy property and own businessess in the hood, those muthafukkin JEWS, who were the rent collectors or real estate agents would raise the rent on us and just overall make it even harder to maintain,survive, and live out this "american dream"..now, we was dealing with that, AND blatant racism, and knowing about our history and how it began in america in general, all plays a part in our psyche..and its plays apart in some degree in the majority of every black person in america..some of the mentally stronger black people have indeed overcame and were (and are) able to advance...but everybody isn't strong, at least not when it come to dealing with the american way of life and how its supposed to be lived..and its becuz of that sense of hopelessness that began to overtake a lot of us decades ago and is still getting taught unconsciously (and consciously in certain cases) in some form or fashion to this day

This some real ish right here. A lot of the problems in the black community have been inherited because of previous injustices carried out by hateful CAC's.

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
its crazy bro black people fukked this city up
everytime some political scandal come up its black people
evrybody gettin over
i knwo bytches that get food stamps, cash assistnce, free healthcare, new house, section 8, and she scammin come tax time.
then complain when they start cuttin benefits

That's real shyt. I tell ppl all the time how it is back home. Everybody is doin' some kinda dirt, that's my city so tho:manny:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps

thats called capitalism. is it a crime to raise rents? ppl tryin to make money out here.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
they're on the wrong side of history again

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.

Son I just had this convo about this at work. How haven't we caught on to the pattern. The cacs gonna go back in & buy up all your old 'hoods' for dirt cheap & build condos etc. If you would have stay or atleast kept the property we'd be paid...finaly and be :win:

Great thread. :ahh: The Saga Begins...really tho, the Black Civil War been going on...the Black people been losing to the 'Black KKK' for years now but we finally starting to wake up & see what's going on. The Black KKK been on their job though I gotta give'm that. We got to start calling these nikkas what they are...then maybe they will learn

:pacspit: the Black KKK!!!

Leila

Team Swirl :)
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the burbs is the best place to be. they totally have the cutest guys.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son I just had this convo about this at work. How haven't we caught on to the pattern. The cacs gonna go back in & buy up all your old 'hoods' for dirt cheap & build condos etc. If you would have stay or atleast kept the property we'd be paid...finaly and be :win:

Great thread. :ahh: The Saga Begins...really tho, the Black Civil War been going on...the Black people been losing to the 'Black KKK' for years now but we finally starting to wake up & see what's going on. The Black KKK been on their job though I gotta give'm that. We got to start calling these nikkas what they are...then maybe they will learn

:pacspit: the Black KKK!!!

Harsh but I feel you. I wouldn't care if they wern't doing the same shyt in the mcmansion they do on the southside of any city.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I still think a lot of you are missing the point and using extreme situations to bring a point across. Nobody is saying for anyone to stay in a plagued neighborhood, however, there is nothing wrong with living amongst your own kind, especially those who are progressive minded. Most blacks who become upwardly mobile do not seek to be amongst others like themselves and instead opt to go into suburban areas to be amongst others who already have been established in the game.

The hood can always improve, but black people would have to do it as Asians and Jews do it by setting up community banks and loan centers. How do you think your local Chinese spot got the money to set up shop in your hood? They set up shop in theirs, made money, and now take all your hard earned money out of circulation.

You sure as hell didn't thing they were going to Bank of America or Chase now? Don't get me wrong, they get support from their home countries financial institutions as well to set up these financial centers but the main idea is that they support the infrastructure by lending where the big boys won't.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still think a lot of you are missing the point and using extreme situations to bring a point across. Nobody is saying for anyone to stay in a plagued neighborhood, however, there is nothing wrong with living amongst your own kind, especially those who are progressive minded. Most blacks who become upwardly mobile do not seek to be amongst others like themselves and instead opt to go into suburban areas to be amongst others who already have been established in the game.

The hood can always improve, but black people would have to do it as Asians and Jews do it by setting up community banks and loan centers. How do you think your local Chinese spot got the money to set up shop in your hood? They set up shop in theirs, made money, and now take all your hard earned money out of circulation.

You sure as hell didn't thing they were going to Bank of America or Chase now? Don't get me wrong, they get support from their home countries financial institutions as well to set up these financial centers but the main idea is that they support the infrastructure by lending where the big boys won't.
But the question is are black ready for that? I think not.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

But the thing is to live in the city you either have to be very poor or pretty well off. Most major cities do not have affordable housing for the average middle class cat who makes around 50k. Together me and my girl make 140K, now we can use that income to buy a very nice house in the suburbs with a big yard, good public schools, and lots of room for kids to play or we can spend even more money and buy some small spot in the city that is most likely in a high rise, no yard, little privacy, terrible schools, and really not a kid friendly environment. Most of the actual affordable houses in the city are those old bungalo type joints that folks grandma used to live in and those neighborhoods are usually pretty dangerous.

Why would i want to stay in the city given that scenario? I could see if i was old and retired but not now.

Black Thunder

Largest Back In The World
Daps
yeah keep they fukking asses away from the nice part of town where i live

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Suburb trash = the new underclass

Stay away at all costs. Don't be fooled by these low intrest rates.

Oh, and white people in those neighborhoods aren't going anywhere. Their kids decided it would be cool to rack up an average of $30K+ in student loan debt for an unmarketable degree. After their parents take out a reverse mortgage to cover these debts the only rents they will be able to afford will be in these suburbs.

They, like black people, can expect their lives to be run by a bunch of ruthless immigrants and their 1st generation offspring. That seems to be the profile of the bulk of the people making money in this country these days.

The majority of Americans are screwed, regardless of race. That's double true for those in the suburbs.