real talk: black people need to stop moving to the burbs

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
My Minty account bodied this thread. :win: I thought it looked familiar. Anyway. Get out of the nikka Box.

DalMem

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
inglewood is considered a black suburb? :ohhh:

Yes, Inglewood is a good example of what I was talking about earlier in this thread.

In the 70's-80's, Inglewood was a suburb where middle class blacks lived. In the late 80's, it became a safe haven for ratchet blacks single mothers to go using a section 8 vouchers. This lead to the down fall of Inglewood. Same thing is happening in Dallas southern suburban area.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, Inglewood is a good example of what I was talking about earlier in this thread.

In the 70's-80's, Inglewood was a suburb where middle class blacks lived. In the late 80's, it became a safe haven for ratchet blacks single mothers to go using a section 8 vouchers. This lead to the down fall of Inglewood. Same thing is happening in Dallas southern suburban area.

Now its Mexican too.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about white people stop running�� nah I'm kidding. But I agree blacks should just try to improve their current environment instead of running to the burbs.

how can you improve a place that you have NO ownership of, not even the sense of it? this is the difference between somewhere like the upper east side and east new york. the sense of ownership. but at the end of the day, folks have no respect for themselves or their own community so it starts from within. if you're willing to love yourself, you can pretty much push yourself to make things happen. we need more people to feel that way about themselves instead of thinking of themselves as being losers.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. As long as you own property you should live wherever you want

2. Black people shouldn't be playing "chicken" with white folks trying to predict which communities they plan on taking over. Be a productive member of whatever community you stay in. The "hood" doesn't have to be the ghetto.

3. Any demographic discussion about just black and white is outdated and useless. The future of America is gonna be brown ie hispanic and latin

The street I grew up on was mostly young black (American and some African) middle class families replacing old white families moving further away from the city. Now its at least 50% hispanic

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
My only measure is that crackheads not be able to locate my front yard on foot or bicycle. Crackheads would need automobiles to find my yard. I know regular looking people with jobs smoke crack. Those aren't true crackheads. Talmbout zombified fiends. I keep moving until I dont see none.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
they're on the wrong side of history again

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.
Living in Philly you can see exactly what your talking about playing out. I don't want to live in the burbs (downtown for me) but I do like the nice single family homes out there instead of the rowhomes. If they invest in some sounding proofing I think I'll be good though.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So basically you have the white man in here telling you negros don't come near him...

And you have negros agreeing with him and arguing amongst each other.

Unbelievable.

If you want to completely ignore human migration patterns/ real estate trends then I cann see you coming to that conclusion

I live in the city btw and make lots of money off gentrification, just wanted to spread the word on what the big picture is looking like

Esau = Evil

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere NOT snitching.
If you want to completely ignore human migration patterns/ real estate trends then I cann see you coming to that conclusion

I live in the city btw and make lots of money off gentrification, just wanted to spread the word on what the big picture is looking like

First and foremost: YOU'RE NOT A HUMAN.

Hue means Color
Man? No, you're the Devil, boy.

So a fake jew, the biggest LIAR & THIEF on the face of the earth is giving my people "advice" on what they "should" do, and we're supposed to take the word of the DEVIL as merit?

Well Khazar, I know its worked for you always, and it will continue to work, don't get me wrong...but not while im around. And if I can get one person to realize that you're the DEVIL, ESAU, then my work is done. You damned red devil.

Why don't you make a thread : "us edomites need to stop stealing, raping, robbing & murdering" ?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
they're on the wrong side of history again

from the 1950's to the 70s, black people moved to the inner city just as white people were abandoning it for the suburbs.

now as soon as white people start returning to the city, black people are leaving in droves

so what will happen is the same black people that got screwed over when the city turned to shyt will be screwed over when suburbs turn to shyt

in this country ruled by $$, big lifestyle shifts happen every generation or 2. simply to keep the economy pushing along if nothing else. the big shift that will happen for the next 40 years is the money moving from the suburbs back to the city.

black people will once again be on the losing side as they are leaving the city for the suburbs in BIG numbers.

culturally this is pushed by the likes of real houswives of atl and tyler perry. not to mention the bad memories associated with urban living.

the community should hold tight and stay in the inner city, it will pay off in the long run.

What community? :to:

This a different time, a different generation man, streets aren't like how my parents and grandparents described their time...