Rate This City: Day 2 - Atlanta

Vote: Atlanta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
Even though I’m from here I’ve never been to magic city..too flashy & I’ve heard the dancers there are stuck up

The best ones are the hole in the wall joints
Foxxy Lady on Moreland (it’s called something else now though)

Blaze in Conley
Rumors in Forest Park
Pleasures on Cleveland Ave when it was open
Strokers on the east side

What do you think of Follies?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Atlanta is kinda overrated, but better than avg city. (6/10). It's not what's in ATL for me, it's more the people I know here that makes this place better than avg.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Never been

I try to stay out of the ones rappers are always mentioning. I haven’t been to any strip club in bout 4 years though
I went way back, almost 20 years s ago, but im sure Its different now

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Atlanta but damn they need to expand the fukk outta MARTA badly to get that traffic reduced.

Been looking at them condos downtown. Several of my coworkers moved down there to take advantage of the cheaper cost of living compared to DC. We all work from home, so taking a DC salary to the south makes a whole lot of sense.

This

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Born and raised here

Pros
lot of black people in power positions..
majority black population in the city and on the east, west and southsides.
im not too much into clubs and lounges anymore, but there are bars all over the city and suburbs I go to..just depending on the type of crowd I want to be around that night
excellent museums, which is more of my thing
different types of parks to get your festival, workout or hike on
architecture
top notch colleges (Morehouse, Spelman GA Tech, Emory)
good city if you're interested in sports or music (not just rap)
women

Cons
heat and humidity
crime
finessing
wanna be rappers and models
hard to find a good area to raise kids with a good school...as an educator there is no way in the fukk I would ever let my kids go to the schools I work at. Students nor parents seem to value education anymore unless you go to a private school.
traffic
out of towners
folks not utilizing public transportation
ratchet culture
women
matt ryan

My brotha listed Matty melt like ice Ryan as a Con...:dead:

:lolbron:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
LA

100571083-los-angeles-ca-usa-february-02-2018-upmarket-shops-intersection-of-dayton-way-via-rodeo-and-rodeo-dr.jpg

Atlanta

fit

New York

58309626cbd20_the_lake_central_park_west.jpg

Atlanta

shutterstock_106230389.0.jpg

Chicago

chicago-skyline-with-new-ferris-wheel-at-dusk-sven-brogren.jpg

Atlanta

photos.medleyphoto.6528612.JPG

Paris

arc-de-triomphes-improbable-story-give-newfound-appreciation-01%2520.png

Atlanta

Millennium-Gate-24-1024x680.jpg

And there’s more....

Atlanta stay swiping other cities.

I was gonna dap till I saw the comment t the end. :jbhmm:

I think it has less to do with Atlanta trying to copy other cities, and more to do with some kinda common themes all major cities to state they've reached a certain level.

For example, you wouldn't put that type of Ferris Wheel in a regular ass downtown, you gotta have a pretty tourist heavy/traffic heavy city for that. :usure:

Same with everything else.... You wouldn't put those things in a city that aint poppin. :hubie:

invalid

Banned
Daps
For example, you wouldn't put that type of Ferris Wheel in a regular ass downtown, you gotta have a pretty tourist heavy/traffic heavy city for that. :usure:

No, you wouldn’t put that type of Ferris Wheel in the middle of a city like Atlanta at all. Most Ferris wheels, with exception to Las Vegas, are on boardwalks nexts to bodies of water. Pike Place Seattle, Navy Pier Chicago, Coney Island New York, Pacific Park Santa Monica, the London Eye on the Thames.

Some things Atlanta does doesn’t make sense. Why does Atlanta feel the need to have a knock off Arc de Triumph? Is it suppose to be just art?

Even the way it markets itself, it chips off of other places. Buckhead “ the Beverly Hills of the South”. Shops of Buckhead “the Rodeo Drive of the South”. Piedmont “the Central Park of the South”.

This all goes into, imo, Atlanta, either not having an identity, or Atlanta having an inferiority complex. And all that does is bleed into the city’s culture.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No, you wouldn’t put that type of Ferris Wheel in the middle of a city like Atlanta at all. Most Ferris wheels, with exception to Las Vegas, are on boardwalks nexts to bodies of water. Pike Place Seattle, Navy Pier Chicago, Coney Island New York, Pacific Park Santa Monica, the London Eye on the Thames.

Some things Atlanta does doesn’t make sense. Why does Atlanta feel the need to have a knock off Arc de Triumph? Is it suppose to be just art?

Even the way it markets itself, it chips off of other places. Buckhead “ the Beverly Hills of the South”. Shops of Buckhead “the Rodeo Drive of the South”. Piedmont “the Central Park of the South”.

This all goes into, imo, Atlanta, either not having an identity, or Atlanta having an inferiority complex. And all that does is bleed into the city’s culture.

Why are you so upset that some cities may have the same architecture or things?

You sound like a bytch ass nikka

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I gave it a 7.5 (7 & 8)

Pros:
-Fun city for a young single black male (attractive women, lots of events and entertainment, etc)
-Nice COL
-Black and African friendly city
-Delta is based there so it's easy to connect to other cities/countries

Cons:
-Nightlife isn't as varied as other cities
-Very big "showout"/"flossing" culture
-It's really the only "big city" in the South. There's a steep drop off in Southern cities after ATL. Inland city as well (might not matter to some)
-Not that cosmopolitan of a city
-Poor public transport. You need to have a car and the city is spread out.

:rudy: Houston? Miami? Dallas? Charlotte?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
One of the best cities I've been to. :tchallawow:

And honestly, ATL is only :dame: if you're looking for that sh*t :bpdame:

I was there for six days and didn't see one :dame:-worthy thing

I did, hoever, see some of the finest women I've ever laid eyes on. :tchallanoah:

And yeah, I said "hoever". Not a typo. :bpshaq:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:rudy: Houston? Miami? Dallas? Charlotte?

I should have clarified my statement. It’s the only big city for a couple hours in either direction save Charlotte (and Charlotte really just started getting big not too long ago). Dallas, Houston and Miami are all about 10 hrs away by road.

Comapred to the NE where you have 5 big cities from DC to Boston all within 8 hrs driving.