Rate This City: Day 2 - Atlanta

Vote: Atlanta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
ATL has been sliding down on the list. Spent 2 weeks down there back in the Summer of 2001 when shyt was LEGIT and house/hoe parties were poppin off. The culture was much different and wasn't money grubbing back then. It was like a 9.9/10. Almost was a black man's paradise.

Now, I gotta give it a 5 because its too much traffic, too many sex workers that are broke and scamming dudes, too many dudes trying to be trap stars/MIGOS impersonators, gentrification that is rampid with racist CACs, and night life centered with entitled hoes.
Can't disagree with any here

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
ATL has been sliding down on the list. Spent 2 weeks down there back in the Summer of 2001 when shyt was LEGIT and house/hoe parties were poppin off. The culture was much different and wasn't money grubbing back then. It was like a 9.9/10. Almost was a black man's paradise.

Now, I gotta give it a 5 because its too much traffic, too many sex workers that are broke and scamming dudes, too many dudes trying to be trap stars/MIGOS impersonators, gentrification that is rampid with racist CACs, and night life centered with entitled hoes.

Probably the best description of Atlanta on here...

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why does everyone complain about traffic in Atlanta. Ive been here nine months and have yet to experience extremely bad traffic. Its no worse that any other major city in the US.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

Pretty much describes the way it is right now. :ehh: I would still give it a 7 out of 10 tho. Affordable cost of living (although it's increasing), black economic base, there are opportunities are available to you as a young black male if you're tryna make things happen. I see myself here for the foreseeable future ( next 5 years ) but I do see myself moving away once I'm more set career wise and financially.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

Around 2003, I noticed the shift to this.. you can give my 90’s ATL all day everyday. LA, NYC and ATL were GOATs during that time