• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I don't care for the bougie/stunting culture that is so prevalent there. That being said, there are some good cultural things to see/do there. Nightlife is...eventful. I enjoyed it when I was 20 something but as a 30+, nah I'm good.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I don't care for the bougie/stunting culture that is so prevalent there. That being said, there are some good cultural things to see/do there. Nightlife is...eventful. I enjoyed it when I was 20 something but as a 30+, nah I'm good.

@gabbo The bolded sums it up perfectly. Fun is your 20's but not too much variety.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I feel like Atlanta doesn’t have an identity and stay copying aspects of other cities. Like it stay copying LA, New York, and these fools install a Ferris Wheel in the middle of downtown. :dwillhuh:

City comes off as try hard and the people do to. Would rate it a 5.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Born and raised here

Pros
lot of black people in power positions..
majority black population in the city and on the east, west and southsides.
im not too much into clubs and lounges anymore, but there are bars all over the city and suburbs I go to..just depending on the type of crowd I want to be around that night
excellent museums, which is more of my thing
different types of parks to get your festival, workout or hike on
architecture
top notch colleges (Morehouse, Spelman GA Tech, Emory)
good city if you're interested in sports or music (not just rap)
women

Cons
heat and humidity
crime
finessing
wanna be rappers and models
hard to find a good area to raise kids with a good school...as an educator there is no way in the fukk I would ever let my kids go to the schools I work at. Students nor parents seem to value education anymore unless you go to a private school.
traffic
out of towners
folks not utilizing public transportation
ratchet culture
women
matt ryan

Daps
Born and raised here

Pros
lot of black people in power positions..
majority black population in the city and on the east, west and southsides.
im not too much into clubs and lounges anymore, but there are bars all over the city and suburbs I go to..just depending on the type of crowd I want to be around that night
excellent museums, which is more of my thing
different types of parks to get your festival, workout or hike on
architecture
top notch colleges (Morehouse, Spelman GA Tech, Emory)
good city if you're interested in sports or music (not just rap)
women

Cons
heat and humidity
crime
finessing
wanna be rappers and models
hard to find a good area to raise kids with a good school...as an educator there is no way in the fukk I would ever let my kids go to the schools I work at. Students nor parents seem to value education anymore unless you go to a private school.
traffic
out of towners
folks not utilizing public transportation
ratchet culture
women
matt ryan

u from atl I thought u was from Mississippi

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Never been, would like to visit, but I hear there's too much :dame: going on. Don't think I could live there, although I hear it's not too expensive but that might've changed. Seems like a city to visit and I've heard they got good strip clubs but that has to be experienced to be believed.
its not too expensive, but the jobs are either hard to get or you can get a bunch of low paying part time ones that will work the shiet out of you

oh, and most black women down here are gold diggers

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Never been, would like to visit, but I hear there's too much :dame: going on. Don't think I could live there, although I hear it's not too expensive but that might've changed. Seems like a city to visit and I've heard they got good strip clubs but that has to be experienced to be believed.
the strip clubs were way better fifteen years ago, now its the make it rain joints, the white joints, and the hole in the wall joint where you might find a diamond in the rough, but you'll more than likely catch a bullet

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Women - 8-9

nightlife - 6 (overrated)

traffic - 3 (maybe even a 2)

Cost of living - 8

jobs - 4

ability to travel - 7

crime - 4

Overall score from my experience: 5.5

i loved ATL when i was younger because I had came from some other shytty black or white areas and ATL was new and diverse to me.

but as an adult, it’s changed and highly overrated. I wouldn’t even want to visit honestly. Only thing cool about it now imo is the low property value. Maybe if i lived in an area closer to more things but i dont ... city is full of fake flossing and scamming now with all these explants coming in with no plan on how they will succeed and making the traffic even shyttier by the day.

The city wasn’t even designed for how much traffic it has on a daily basis. And anybody talking that gay shyt low key sus... I barely ran into gay people. If you did it’s because you was looking...

I might’ve overrated the women as well slightly. They got bad ones but there’s a lot of explants and ain’t shyt bytches running around only looking for a nikka that they can floss and try to look good on the gram with. A lot of scammers too...

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
9.0/10 only reason not 10 cause no Beach.

Pros:
Black Women in abundance.
Black business owners and public positions, and celebs (if you care about that).
Black Lower, Middle, Upper, and Elite Neighborhoods all Exist in Atlanta.
Top 2 HBCU's in history there, Spelman & Morehouse (Morris Brown R.I.P.)
Black Hollywood Industry

Cons:

Traffic
Gay Propaganda
Public Transportations needs expansion

Atlanta is the perfect city in my opinion for a successful Black Man. When you are young you live near the city, and live the bachelor life forreal.

When you get older buy a big crib outside the perimeter with wifey. :blessed:

I can't think of any city in America where you can raise your children in upper middle class Black areas, with decent schools.... :hubie: Correct me if I'm wrong, but name one Black city as progressive as Atlanta. (perhaps up north in the DMV?)

And Atlanta is still growing. :francis:

Nightlife is great, beautiful parks, and the city is huge and culturally diverse despite being very African American influenced....

Dope ass city. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
aww damn I missed this...would’ve probably rated it about 7

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
its not too expensive, but the jobs are either hard to get or you can get a bunch of low paying part time ones that will work the shiet out of you

oh, and most black women down here are gold diggers

the strip clubs were way better fifteen years ago, now its the make it rain joints, the white joints, and the hole in the wall joint where you might find a diamond in the rough, but you'll more than likely catch a bullet

Yeah with it being a highly successful black city, definitely gonna have it's golddiggers, of black and prolly other backgrounds.

Yeah jobs are like that anywhere unless the market is good in that city. I know Atlanta has Coke and a few other fortune 500 companies there but I feel ya on the low paying ones working the hell out of folks.

Yeah I've only heard the rappers shout out the strip clubs like magic city and strokers. I'm guessing it varies and based on experience. Regular folk not gonna ball out as much as a rapper so the experience may seem different. Yeah we got a variety of them here too. The good quality ones with variety and decent dancers, as well as the hole in the wall joints.