Vote: Atlanta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
I like Atlanta but damn they need to expand the fukk outta MARTA badly to get that traffic reduced.

Been looking at them condos downtown. Several of my coworkers moved down there to take advantage of the cheaper cost of living compared to DC. We all work from home, so taking a DC salary to the south makes a whole lot of sense.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I gave it a 7.5 (7 & 8)

Pros:
-Fun city for a young single black male (attractive women, lots of events and entertainment, etc)
-Nice COL
-Black and African friendly city
-Delta is based there so it's easy to connect to other cities/countries

Cons:
-Nightlife isn't as varied as other cities
-Very big "showout"/"flossing" culture
-It's really the only "big city" in the South. There's a steep drop off in Southern cities after ATL. Inland city as well (might not matter to some)
-Not that cosmopolitan of a city
-Poor public transport. You need to have a car and the city is spread out.

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
I don’t really see why not. You could easily just base your vote from what you seen of the place in movies or shows. :yeshrug:

I can just see people down voting cities they don't like for their own personal reasons without ever having visited the place. You don't have to change the thread, I just picture the typical most popular cities getting low votes. As shown by how low voted Miami was.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I gave it a 7.5 (7 & 8)

Pros:
-Fun city for a young single black male (attractive women, lots of events and entertainment, etc)
-Nice COL
-Black and African friendly city
-Delta is based there so it's easy to connect to other cities/countries

Cons:
-Nightlife isn't as varied as other cities
-Very big "showout"/"flossing" culture
-It's really the only "big city" in the South. There's a steep drop off in Southern cities after ATL. Inland city as well (might not matter to some)
-Not that cosmopolitan of a city
-Poor public transport. You need to have a car and the city is spread out.

Really curious about the bolded. Could you describe their nightlife some more? I'm really familiar with DC, bmore, and Philly so feel free to make comparisons to them if you need.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Really curious about the bolded. Could you describe their nightlife some more? I'm really familiar with DC, bmore, and Philly so feel free to make comparisons to them if you need.

I've been to ATL a couple times so it's not like my view is as accurate as someone who lives there. But from what I encountered, the nightlife was very club and lounge heavy. Think Rosebar or Bliss in DC type vibes There are some cool lounges that are a bit more lowkey in midtown (you can bar hop there similar to U-Street).

Best way I can put it is this, the nightlife seemed like a recreation of Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta where everyone is trying to be seen on the scene. A lot of flexing and flossing essentially.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I've been to ATL a couple times so it's not like my view is as accurate as someone who lives there. But from what I encountered, the nightlife was very club and lounge heavy. Think Rosebar or Bliss in DC type vibes There are some cool lounges that are a bit more lowkey in midtown (you can bar hop there similar to U-Street).

Best way I can put it is this, the nightlife seemed like a recreation of Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta where everyone is trying to be seen on the scene. A lot of flexing and flossing essentially.

Gotcha gotcha.

That helped a lot. Rep