• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
The sheer amount of females (BW) goes w/out saying....:wow:

The surplus of women and overall differential was noticable IMO. Some bad ass black queens. Mind you...a ngga wasn't even out there when the colleges were in session. I can only imagine...:huhldup:

Expected a little more from the downtown area...but the upkeep of the city overall amazed me...:whoo:

Really had a similarly historic black city in Philly...lookin funny than a MFer in the light...:mjlol:

Definitely appeared to be where it was at for black folks tho (still) as reported. Just gave the impression to me...that AAs run shyt...but I could be wrong...:hubie:

Loved the culture and expected a lot more bamma shyt. City definitely felt in tune in 2019. Felt you could navigate the highways pretty easy out there, and the layout of the land seemed easy to learn. Aided by GPS...I was whippin those freeways in the hemi...like I been out there my whole life...:wow:

It was all type a shyt goin on the entire time, we were out there...:picard:

Free events, parties, etc. An adult playground. I know single nggas wit their head on straight, must be losing their fukkin souls out there...:russ:

Had a ngga lookin at family life like...:patrice:

Aside from the :wrist:...I could see why it's an STD mecca...:russ:

Only reason I couldn't live out there is because I prefer the proximity to different cities and surroundings the Northeast affords you. ATL is really all you nggas got. Outside ATL, that shyt looked like "The Reaping" out that
MFer....:umad:

Sheriff Hoss and his deputy pals bet not catch any a you nggas slippin outside city limits...:mjpls:

A solid 8 from me tho.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Born and raised here

Pros
lot of black people in power positions..
majority black population in the city and on the east, west and southsides.
im not too much into clubs and lounges anymore, but there are bars all over the city and suburbs I go to..just depending on the type of crowd I want to be around that night
excellent museums, which is more of my thing
different types of parks to get your festival, workout or hike on
architecture
top notch colleges (Morehouse, Spelman GA Tech, Emory)
good city if you're interested in sports or music (not just rap)
women

Cons
heat and humidity
crime
finessing
wanna be rappers and models
hard to find a good area to raise kids with a good school...as an educator there is no way in the fukk I would ever let my kids go to the schools I work at. Students nor parents seem to value education anymore unless you go to a private school.
traffic
out of towners
folks not utilizing public transportation
ratchet culture
women
matt ryan

nah. just thinking about moving to Mississippi or rural GA once I get too tired of the city life.

Trust me, the schools in small southern towns are shyt unless your kids are in a magnet school.

The average non-magnet SAT taker in most small town school systems literally doesn’t even score high enough to get into freaking KSU.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trust me, the schools in small southern towns are shyt unless your kids are in a magnet school.

The average non-magnet SAT taker in most small town school systems literally doesn’t even score high enough to get into freaking KSU.

Are you from a small town?
I always assumed there's less distractions in rural places and the kids probably arent as bad as these city kids.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Are you from a small town?
I always assumed there's less distractions in rural places and the kids probably arent as bad as these city kids.

I'm from Cobb County but i'm temporarily living in a small town for a few years (not by choice)

I'll just say that the conditions that much of the black community in southern small towns live in is the number one argument for why cacs owe us reparations.

Most small towns in the south have as much poverty and crime as the worst inner city neighborhoods because unless your family either owns a business or a lot of land or you have one of those careers that can be done anywhere (teachers, nurses, doctors) prospects for making a living wage are pretty limited.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm from Cobb County but i'm temporarily living in a small town for a few years (not by choice)

I'll just say that the conditions that much of the black community in southern small towns live in is the number one argument for why cacs owe us reparations.

Most small towns in the south have as much poverty and crime as the worst inner city neighborhoods because unless your family either owns a business or a lot of land or you have one of those careers that can be done anywhere (teachers, nurses, doctors) prospects for making a living wage are pretty limited.

Every time I drive through the country towns in between Atlanta & Fort Valley I wonder where they work.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:scust::scust: They got 45 yr old fat strippers. I was there once and cockroach crawled onto the back of one of the chairs while some overweight chick gave some old dude a lapdance.

Blaze is cool but the dancers are lazy
never been to rumors
strokers is legit
but Follies is where its at :blessed::blessed::blessed:They got the baddest strippers but be warned its dark af in there.
Havent been to magic city yet it just seems too hollywood for me.
Onyx was aiight (not sure if it closed down or not)

But in terms of strip clubs south florida got Atlanta beat in quality.
Talking to a stripper from Pinups at the moment, who used to work at Onyx. She said that shyt went bankrupt lol.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Talking to a stripper from Pinups at the moment, who used to work at Onyx. She said that shyt went bankrupt lol.

It didn't. The holding company declared bankruptcy. Important difference.

As far as the schools go, aside from the private ones the best ones are all out in the suburbs. Fayette, Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth counties have most of the best public schools in GA. (Fulton and Dekalb have City of Atlanta overlap, which means more politics, which means children lose out first because they don't vote.) It's one of the things that can confuse people used to thinking of other cities.The best stuff here isn't within city limits.

2019 Georgia Schools | Public, Charter, & Private School Ratings

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It didn't. The holding company declared bankruptcy. Important difference.

As far as the schools go, aside from the private ones the best ones are all out in the suburbs. Fayette, Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth counties have most of the best public schools in GA. (Fulton and Dekalb have City of Atlanta overlap, which means more politics, which means children lose out first because they don't vote.) It's one of the things that can confuse people used to thinking of other cities.The best stuff here isn't within city limits.

2019 Georgia Schools | Public, Charter, & Private School Ratings

only thing with those schools are that we arent the majority, so kids may experience some racial shyt.

im torn on that subject though, because if I ever have kids, I would want them at a good school, but at the same time I want them to go to an majority black school.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
only thing with those schools are that we arent the majority, so kids may experience some racial shyt.

im torn on that subject though, because if I ever have kids, I would want them at a good school, but at the same time I want them to go to an majority black school.

Yeah, that's an ongoing tough decision for a lot of people. I keep hearing about magnet schools but I'm not well-informed on them enough to say. KIPP is no joke though.

Prevail

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere
Depends...I’ve worked at both.
Just depends on your preference. Personally I prefer Phipps because it’s a bit quieter and I shop there more often but Lenox is one of the best malls in the US

Word, phipps has always been cool. Nordstrom Saks and even bally :blessed: its chill as hell even the food court is quiet generally

Prevail

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere
I took ATL for granted all my life, until I had to leave :mjcry: easy 8, gotta take away for the shyt traffic I got used to, lack of public transit, the whole accreditation thing, fukked up schools.
But the people and culture of the city, not even just the ADOS culture either...like japanese etc :whew:

It is a reasonable contender for GOAT status on any black man's list

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
ATL has been sliding down on the list. Spent 2 weeks down there back in the Summer of 2001 when shyt was LEGIT and house/hoe parties were poppin off. The culture was much different and wasn't money grubbing back then. It was like a 9.9/10. Almost was a black man's paradise.

Now, I gotta give it a 5 because its too much traffic, too many sex workers that are broke and scamming dudes, too many dudes trying to be trap stars/MIGOS impersonators, gentrification that is rampid with racist CACs, and night life centered with entitled hoes.