• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Good city.

There's only a few on my list I'd rather be and I'd need a big pay bump for me to go.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
ATL nikkaz (Slang & Serve)

Better shopping experience, Phipps or Lenox?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I should have clarified my statement. It’s the only big city for a couple hours in either direction save Charlotte (and Charlotte really just started getting big not too long ago). Dallas, Houston and Miami are all about 10 hrs away by road.

Comapred to the NE where you have 5 big cities from DC to Boston all within 8 hrs driving.
:ehh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
One of the best cities I've been to. :tchallawow:

And honestly, ATL is only :dame: if you're looking for that sh*t :bpdame:

I was there for six days and didn't see one :dame:-worthy thing

I did, hoever, see some of the finest women I've ever laid eyes on. :tchallanoah:

And yeah, I said "hoever". Not a typo. :bpshaq:

@Blacksands says everytime he comes to Atlanta he sees 70% gay men :mjlol:
batty boy be going to gay bars or midtown actively looking for them

Lenox to see the bytches...but it be too crowded there for me. Ive probably only been there 3-5 times my 31 years living here.
Phipps is where the folks with real money go. I walked in one time walked right back out after I saw the prices :pachaha:
security is more strict at Phipps cause thats where the folks with old buckhead, sandy springs roswell money go

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
iu

invalid

Banned
Daps
Why are you so upset that some cities may have the same architecture or things?

You sound like a bytch ass nikka

A bytch ass nikka is someone that can’t take criticism. This is a rate a city thread and I offered some legitimate criticism like posters have done in the other threads and you the one that’s butthurt. It’s not just about cities having the same architecture.

It’s actually this.....

more to do with some kinda common themes all major cities to state they've reached a certain level.

Atlanta is trying to make a statement that it has reached a certain level. But instead of cultivating a unique identity organically while in pursuit of that level, it is swag swiping aspects of other cities on the level it wants to be on. It comes off as inauthentic and seeps into the fabric of the city. Tons of people have commented how they dislike the bougie fake stunting culture which is simply people faking a lifestyle of a people on a level they want to be on. It’s a culture of inauthenticity.

LA as the capital of the west, Chicago as the capital of the Midwest, and New York as the capital of the east, are not taking cues from each other. They set the trends in their respective regions. Altanta as the capital of the south shouldn’t be following what New York or LA are doing. It should be setting its own trends. Nashville and Charlotte are doing a better job of that while Atlanta is too busy tryna be “Hollywood/Silicon Valley/ or Whatever Else of the South”.

Just some constructive criticism breh, ain’t the end of the world.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I should have clarified my statement. It’s the only big city for a couple hours in either direction save Charlotte (and Charlotte really just started getting big not too long ago). Dallas, Houston and Miami are all about 10 hrs away by road.

Comapred to the NE where you have 5 big cities from DC to Boston all within 8 hrs driving.

I'd actually never considered that aspect. Nice catch. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Pink Pony is a hidden gem.
haven't been to foxxy lady in like a decade, only went there one time, I got nothing to say about it
was at club blaze in 2012 maybe, two good looking girls out of thirty
strokers been lame
been to pleasure once in 2008, wasn't impressed
never been to rumors, I did go pink pony south in 2008, it was okay

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Even though I’m from here I’ve never been to magic city..too flashy & I’ve heard the dancers there are stuck up

The best ones are the hole in the wall joints
Foxxy Lady on Moreland (it’s called something else now though)

Blaze in Conley
Rumors in Forest Park
Pleasures on Cleveland Ave when it was open
Strokers on the east side

:scust::scust: They got 45 yr old fat strippers. I was there once and cockroach crawled onto the back of one of the chairs while some overweight chick gave some old dude a lapdance.

Blaze is cool but the dancers are lazy
never been to rumors
strokers is legit
but Follies is where its at :blessed::blessed::blessed:They got the baddest strippers but be warned its dark af in there.
Havent been to magic city yet it just seems too hollywood for me.
Onyx was aiight (not sure if it closed down or not)

But in terms of strip clubs south florida got Atlanta beat in quality.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
As a native Atlantan, I’m super biased and proud of my city. I’d put it up as one of the best cities in the world and a top city in the US. Without question a top 2-3 city got black people to live in. That said it ain’t all sweet. Transportation, economic disparity & gentrification are our biggest issues. Atlanta has one of the highest if not the highest economic gaps between poor and rich. Basically Bankhead to Buckhead. Also, in Atlanta the social class you’re born in is the one your most likely to die in. That’s gotta change

On the positive side, black culture dominates throughout the city, growing industries in tech (SaaS, FinTech, Pharma, IT), music and traditional businesses, great communities to raise a family, beautiful city with great weather, beautiful women, just a great city to live in and be a part of. The score we got was pretty low compared to other cities IMO but Atlanta is a phenomenal city.

I gave it a 9 :yeshrug:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Even though I’m from here I’ve never been to magic city..too flashy & I’ve heard the dancers there are stuck up

The best ones are the hole in the wall joints
Foxxy Lady on Moreland (it’s called something else now though)

Blaze in Conley
Rumors in Forest Park
Pleasures on Cleveland Ave when it was open
Strokers on the east side

Pleasers was my shyt back in the day :banderas: Shoutout to the 3 :salute:

Magic City is overrated, strippers are arrogant as fukk.

It goes

Blue Flame
Follies
Cheetah
Magic City

Cheetah is the business man’s strip club but depending on what you’re there to do could be the best strip club in the city

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Depends...I’ve worked at both.

Lenox is much bigger and gives your more variety. If you’re going just for the luxury wing of both

Phipps:

Tiffany & Co
Nordstrom
Gucci
Valentino
YSL
Saks Fifth Avenue
Jeffrey
Audemars Piguet
Versace

Lenox:

Yurman
Neiman Marcus
Tesla
Rolex
Louis Vuitton
Prada
Ferragamo
Zenga
Burberry

Just depends on your preference. Personally I prefer Phipps because it’s a bit quieter and I shop there more often but Lenox is one of the best malls in the US

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
A bytch ass nikka is someone that can’t take criticism. This is a rate a city thread and I offered some legitimate criticism like posters have done in the other threads and you the one that’s butthurt. It’s not just about cities having the same architecture.

It’s actually this.....

Atlanta is trying to make a statement that it has reached a certain level. But instead of cultivating a unique identity organically while in pursuit of that level, it is swag swiping aspects of other cities on the level it wants to be on. It comes off as inauthentic and seeps into the fabric of the city. Tons of people have commented how they dislike the bougie fake stunting culture which is simply people faking a lifestyle of a people on a level they want to be on. It’s a culture of inauthenticity.

LA as the capital of the west, Chicago as the capital of the Midwest, and New York as the capital of the east, are not taking cues from each other. They set the trends in their respective regions. Altanta as the capital of the south shouldn’t be following what New York or LA are doing. It should be setting its own trends. Nashville and Charlotte are doing a better job of that while Atlanta is too busy tryna be “Hollywood/Silicon Valley/ or Whatever Else of the South”.

Just some constructive criticism breh, ain’t the end of the world.

How does Atlanta not set the trends in the South? :ohhh: Really interested to hear this perspective as someone who’s lived in other Southern cities they all badly want to be like Atlanta