RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
NAACP was ready to give Donald sterling an award before the tapes leaked :heh:

That was the LOCAL NAACP chapter of Los Angeles, NOT the NAACP as a whole.

SHE has been honored by the NAACP as a whole

Which she has. She might not have distanced herself from her pops but she makes it crystal clear what she's about. Just like Jennifer Beal. We'll have to agree to disagree here

In the Black Student Association at Harvard, singing on 2pac records, being friends with 2pac, being on Chappelle Show and Jay & Dame's movie.

:upsetfavre:Sounds a lot like somebody who doesn't want to be Black.

Quincy's kids are as black as Michael Jackson's kids.

:mjlol: Quincy's kids = 50% Black

Michael's kids = 0% Black.:stopitslime:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
In the Black Student Association at Harvard, singing on 2pac records, being friends with 2pac, being on Chappelle Show and Jay & Dame's movie.

:upsetfavre:Sounds a lot like somebody who doesn't want to be Black.

:cape:

Quincy Jones' Daughters Reveal Why They Had Issues With Their Blackness

Kidada - "I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!” I told Mom she couldn’t pick me up; she had to wait down the street in her car. Did Rashida have that problem? No! She passed for white."

RASHIDA: “Passed”?! I had no control over how I looked. This is my natural hair, these are my natural eyes! I’ve never tried to be anything that I’m not. Today I feel guilty, knowing that because of the way our genes tumbled out, Kidada had to go through pain I didn’t have to endure. Loving her so much, I’m sad that I’ll never share that experience with her.

It's obvious by their upbringing they have clear issues with being part Black. Especially Rashida who could pass & was passing through school. But you & @JustCKing don't wanna see that though.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:cape:

Quincy Jones' Daughters Reveal Why They Had Issues With Their Blackness

Kidada - "I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!” I told Mom she couldn’t pick me up; she had to wait down the street in her car. Did Rashida have that problem? No! She passed for white."

RASHIDA: “Passed”?! I had no control over how I looked. This is my natural hair, these are my natural eyes! I’ve never tried to be anything that I’m not. Today I feel guilty, knowing that because of the way our genes tumbled out, Kidada had to go through pain I didn’t have to endure. Loving her so much, I’m sad that I’ll never share that experience with her.

It's obvious by their upbringing they have clear issues with being part Black. Especially Rashida who could pass & was passing through school. But you & @JustCKing don't wanna see that though.

Did you read Rashida's response? There's a question mark and exclamation point behind her response to "passing for white". She's strongly questioning that remark. Did you not understand what Kidada was getting at?

She "passed" for white because people looked at her and assumed she was. It's no different than what people in this thread have done. Her response to it is that she can't help how she looks.

Anyone that's mixed is going to have clear issues with their race. How do you choose one without alienating the other? You're also going to catch it from both sides because people will pick you apart because of how you look. It's not as clear as identifying as "I'm Black" or "I'm white" when you know you're mixed.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that people feel they have to choose one race over another speaks volumes when you have a Black father and a white mother and your siblings are mixed.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Did you read Rashida's response? There's a question mark and exclamation point behind her response to "passing for white". She's strongly questioning that remark. Did you not understand what Kidada was getting at?

She "passed" for white because people looked at her and assumed she was. It's no different than what people in this thread have done. Her response to it is that she can't help how she looks.

Anyone that's mixed is going to have clear issues with their race. How do you choose one without alienating the other? You're also going to catch it from both sides because people will pick you apart because of how you look. It's not as clear as identifying as "I'm Black" or "I'm white" when you know you're mixed.

Judging by both quotes it looks like to me Rashida didn't correct anyone for assuming she was just white while Kidada had no choose in the matter. It's also points out how Rashida identified with her "jewish" side which should tell you something right there. You're in denial about her issues bruh. Seriously but like I said, we'll agree to disagree

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Pretty much. That article I posted even said he never brought his kids around his Black family. That in itself should tell these guys something

He's a great musician but that's where it ends..
I'm disgusted by folks who want to act like there's anything black about his cac offspring just cause they want the p*ssy. Quincy got the weakest fukking genes in the industry..

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Judging by both quotes it looks like to me Rashida didn't correct anyone for assuming she was just white while Kidada had no choose in the matter. It's also points out how Rashida identified with her "jewish" side which should tell you something right there. You're in denial about her issues bruh. Seriously but like I said, we'll agree to disagree

She did correct her. She clearly says "Passed?!" and follows it up by saying she has no control over how she looks. If you read the rest of the interview, you clearly see Rashida identifying with being Black before embracing that she's Black, white, and Jewish. Being Jewish isn't just race either. There's also a religious aspect to that which is something that she also expresses.

Kidada did choose. You see Kidada struggles when she suggests that her friend tell that group of guys that she was "tan". She even says when the guy still recognized that she was Black, it was the defining moment where she decided to identify as Black.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty much. That article I posted even said he never brought his kids around his Black family. That in itself should tell these guys something

It wasn't because they were Black. Quincy has issues with his family that are not race related. His mother was in a mental institution. His dad took him and his brother to visit her when they were in their youth. They witnessed her eat her own feces. There's an interview where he talks about how he and his brother were free to do whatever due to lack of supervision.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
It wasn't because they were Black. Quincy has issues with his family that are not race related. His mother was in a mental institution. His dad took him and his brother to visit her when they were in their youth. They witnessed her eat her own feces. There's an interview where he talks about how he and his brother were free to do whatever due to lack of supervision.

So you're trying to tell me his mother was his only Black family? Come on fam

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
She did correct her. She clearly says "Passed?!" and follows it up by saying she has no control over how she looks. If you read the rest of the interview, you clearly see Rashida identifying with being Black before embracing that she's Black, white, and Jewish. Being Jewish isn't just race either. There's also a religious aspect to that which is something that she also expresses.

Kidada did choose. You see Kidada struggles when she suggests that her friend tell that group of guys that she was "tan". She even says when the guy still recognized that she was Black, it was the defining moment where she decided to identify as Black.

I thought Kidada called it how she saw things & that comment made Rashida her try to smooth over her passing. You're making it out as if Rashida was Lena Horne or something when she's far from it.