RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your comprehension skills suck fam. I did not say in any way she was going around saying she was white. You're pulling this from your ass again & making a ridiculous assumption. I'm going off of what Kidada said saying she passed as white meaning she probably didn't correct anyone for assuming she was just white. The mental gymnastics you done to cape for this woman is off the charts. Unreal.

Who's making assumptions? Where did she say Rashida didn't correct anyone? She clearly says ""I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!”. She then says Rashida didn't have that problem. She passes for white.

That statement doesn't imply that Rashida wasn't correcting people for assuming she was white. It says that people didn't have to see Rashida's mother and know she had a white mother because she looked white.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Furthermore, if I was caping for Rashida, I would've responded to negative comments about the video, which this thread was SUPPOSED to be about. My whole thing is that people turned the discussion into an issue of race.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Who's making assumptions? Where did she say Rashida didn't correct anyone? She clearly says ""I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!”. She then says Rashida didn't have that problem. She passes for white.

That statement doesn't imply that Rashida wasn't correcting people for assuming she was white. It says that people didn't have to see Rashida's mother and know she had a white mother because she looked white.

You're making assumptions based on something you think I said. You interpret it that way because you're caping for her. Any other objective person would look at Kidada's statement, look at Rashida's life & see it for what it is point blank. It's not hard to see it. You on the other hand have to play mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion you believe in.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're making assumptions based on something you think I said. You interpret it that way because you're caping for her. Any other objective person would look at Kidada's statement, look at Rashida's life & see it for what it is point blank. It's not hard to see it. You on the other hand have to play mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion you believe in.

What other conclusion is there to come to? I'm not adding words. I'm looking at the context of what's being said. Kidada talks about not wanting her mother to pick her up from school because people would see that she had a white mother. She then says Rashida didn't have that problem immediately following. If I'm reading this chronologically, the statement about Rashida passing for white is connected with her not having to explain having a white mother. How am I wrong in coming to that conclusion?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
90s the goat decade :manny:

when people still had to socialize with each other in person, but technology was still new and :gladbron: to us. Cell phones werent really around like that neither was the internet (pagers and AOL existed but it wasnt like it is now). People born in the mid 90s and 2000s will never know what its like to live most of they child hood outside instead of inside playing xbox or being on the ipad or some shyt

as much as I use technology, I feel its done more bad than good to the general public :manny:

music was way more unique and people had they own styles and brand in the 90s (and 80s).. now everyone just carbon copies of each other :stopitslime:

radio was dope too cause its like you could hear TLC one song, then hear Biggie the next song, then Bone Thugs n Harmony the next song, then R Kelly the next song.. all 4 different subjects, flow, beat, style, etc.... Now radio is just 1 hour long same subject that switches beats and artist every 5 minutes :russell:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Breh wtf are you talking about??? And you realize "mental gymnastics" is a dumb buzzphrase.
How you gonna look at someone's life when you don't even know them? You don't know kidada or rashida

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh wtf are you talking about??? And you realize "mental gymnastics" is a dumb buzzphrase.
How you gonna look at someone's life when you don't even know them? You don't know kidada or rashida

A buzz phrase that applies to you & a few others in here.

And you don't know her either yet you're all :cape:for her & I'm the total opposite.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I'm going off of what Kidada said saying she passed as white meaning she probably didn't correct anyone for assuming she was just white

:what:Why join the Black Student Association if she didn't want to "correct" anybody thinking she's White?

No you're just passing judgement because she's lighter than you. That's just bigoted bullshyt Breh :francis:

Yall quick to throw stones around here

EXACTLY

Coli nikkaz are the first nikkaz I've ever encountered in real life or online who sit around disqualifying people's Blackness on a daily basis.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
No you're just passing judgement because she's lighter than you. That's just bigoted bullshyt Breh :francis:

Yall quick to throw stones around here

I could careless if she was lighter than me. That's just ridiculous. I call things how I see them & her pattern of behavior & choices is what it is. It has nothing to do with being bigoted

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:what:Why join the Black Student Association if she didn't want to "correct" anybody thinking she's White?

That means absolutely nothing if she favors her "jewish" side more, dates nothing but cacs, & calls herself "ethnic" when a reporter tells her she looks tanned & exotic. You bruh's here crack me up. I'm done with this topic.