RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're trying to tell me his mother was his only Black family? Come on fam

Did I say that? No:

Left to fend for themselves in one of the roughest parts of one of the roughest cities in North America during the Depression, with a feckless father and an institutionalised mother, Quincy and his brother ran free, doing small errands for gangsters - "Until I was eleven, a gangster was all I wanted to be," Quincy told me - without anything approaching a family life.

Icon: Quincy Jones

^^^ I don't know what happened to his brother or what kind of relationship he had with aunts, uncles, or grandparents. Your mother and father are immediate and those are the people who are also integral in the lives of your children. If you don't have a good relationship with them and possibly estranged, how then do they become integral in the lives of your children?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Quincy is a c00n afraid of black women..that should tell you all about his kids upbringing..
Don't try Quincy Jones. Read his autobiography and biographies. His early interactions with black women were fukked up from his mother being a nut who was in the crazy house for decades to his stepmother who treated him and his little brother like shyt. Get treated like that by the women who suppose to love you most and get that from anglo women, he's earned his pass. It's the brothers who have no true reasoning and just shyt on black women because the neighborhood smut ain't let him freak.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Kidada called it how she saw things & that comment made Rashida her try to smooth over her passing. You're making it out as if Rashida was Lena Horne or something when she's far from it.

As proof, you have posters in here who made it a point to point out how white she looked. I'm not trying to smooth things over. Passing for white as in saying "hey look I'm white and nothing about me is Black" is one thing vs. people looking at you and assuming you're white.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Did I say that? No:

Left to fend for themselves in one of the roughest parts of one of the roughest cities in North America during the Depression, with a feckless father and an institutionalised mother, Quincy and his brother ran free, doing small errands for gangsters - "Until I was eleven, a gangster was all I wanted to be," Quincy told me - without anything approaching a family life.

Icon: Quincy Jones

^^^ I don't know what happened to his brother or what kind of relationship he had with aunts, uncles, or grandparents. Your mother and father are immediate and those are the people who are also integral in the lives of your children. If you don't have a good relationship with them and possibly estranged, how then do they become integral in the lives of your children?

You brought up his mother not me. I'm talking about more family than just his mother which it seems he didn't make the effort for his kids to get to know. But he made sure they knew his wife's white side

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You brought up his mother not me. I'm talking about more family than just his mother which it seems he didn't make the effort for his kids to get to know. But he made sure they knew his wife's white side

He didn't have a good relationship with his father. He talks about his brother, which is the only relative it seems that he wasn't estranged from. This is what I'm getting at. You're implying that his children weren't around Black culture. That couldn't be further from the truth when their father is pretty much a history book. He has stories that he could share about Black culture first hand. You're working with legends like Miles Davis, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson. These are the greatest of the great. That's not to mention working alongside icons like MLK. This is someone who has traveled the world that's not only capable of teaching you about the Black experience in America, but the Black experience everywhere.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The sad and sickening part of it all is that people who are claiming to be Black are basically pre-judging someone based on looks and perception. Saying someone is denying their Blackness because they aren't embracing it the way you feel they should. Calling someone a c00n, who has done much for Black culture and I'm not just talking about music. That's the type of bull that's perpetuated on here daily.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
:cape:

Quincy Jones' Daughters Reveal Why They Had Issues With Their Blackness

Kidada - "I didn’t want my mother to come to my new school. If kids saw her, it would be: “your mom’s white!” I told Mom she couldn’t pick me up; she had to wait down the street in her car. Did Rashida have that problem? No! She passed for white."

RASHIDA: “Passed”?! I had no control over how I looked. This is my natural hair, these are my natural eyes! I’ve never tried to be anything that I’m not. Today I feel guilty, knowing that because of the way our genes tumbled out, Kidada had to go through pain I didn’t have to endure. Loving her so much, I’m sad that I’ll never share that experience with her.

It's obvious by their upbringing they have clear issues with being part Black. Especially Rashida who could pass & was passing through school. But you & @JustCKing don't wanna see that though.

:upsetfavre:Passed so well she was in the BLACK Student Association at Harvard, like you know, Obama

And just to show you how fukking retarded your logic is, since she passed as White, she didn't even have to tell people she was Black, but not only did she do that she joined the BLACK Student Association, just so people would know she was Black.

If she's trying to pass, why the fukk would she do that:dwillhuh:?

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:upsetfavre:Passed so well she was in the BLACK Student Association at Harvard, like you know, Obama

And just to show you how fukking retarded your logic is, since she passed as White, she didn't even have to tell people she was Black, but not only did she do that she joined the BLACK Student Association, just so people would know she was Black.

If she's trying to pass, why the fukk would she do that:dwillhuh:?

Did I say she was passing in college? :what:Out of Kidada's own mouth SHE said Rashida was passing as white so I think you need to reread that again. And I believe they were referring to elementary or high school anyway :snoop:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did I say she was passing in college? :what:Out of Kidada's own mouth SHE said Rashida was passing as white so I think you need to reread that again. And I believe they were referring to elementary or high school anyway :snoop:

And again, you can't comprehend. Kidada is referring to her sister's complexion, not saying Rashida was going around telling people she was white. There's a big difference.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
And again, you can't comprehend. Kidada is referring to her sister's complexion, not saying Rashida was going around telling people she was white. There's a big difference.

Your comprehension skills suck fam. I did not say in any way she was going around saying she was white. You're pulling this from your ass again & making a ridiculous assumption. I'm going off of what Kidada said saying she passed as white meaning she probably didn't correct anyone for assuming she was just white. The mental gymnastics you done to cape for this woman is off the charts. Unreal.