RASHIDA JONES Takes Us Back To The 90s W/ Her New Music Video

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
rashida is one of those really striking looking girls that isnt sexy to me. her sister though kidada is bad as hell. song is nice though...

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And to put to rest all the speculation that she's doing this out of convenience, or that she's trying to fit in with Blacks, this isn't even her song. It's Sunny Levine's song (her nephew). It's on his album.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
There's proof in this thread that she hasn't distanced herself from everything Black. Did she distance herself from her father? Has she not played the wife of Tracy Morgan in a movie? Was she not on the Chappelle Show? Did she not star in Boston Public alongside Chi McBride, Loretta Devine, and Sharon Leal?

Fam, look at her personal life & read the interviews she's done about growing up like I said. You're caping real hard for her bruh when she's the one that put off that vibe with her words & actions.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam, look at her personal life & read the interviews she's done about growing up like I said. You're caping real hard for her bruh when she's the one that put off that vibe with her words & actions.

Or again, maybe she chooses to embrace all of who she is. Her denying she's Black or attempting to dissociate herself from her Blackness would be the same as distancing herself from her father and her siblings.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Or again, maybe she chooses to embrace all of who she is. Her denying she's Black or attempting to dissociate herself from her Blackness would be the same as distancing herself from her father and her siblings.

Which she has. She might not have distanced herself from her pops but she makes it crystal clear what she's about. Just like Jennifer Beal. We'll have to agree to disagree here

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which she has. She might not have distanced herself from her pops but she makes it crystal clear what she's about. Just like Jennifer Beal. We'll have to agree to disagree here

KIDADA: When I was 11, a white girlfriend and I were going to meet up with these boys she knew. I’d told her, because I wanted to be accepted, “Tell them I’m tan.” When we met them, the one she was setting me up with said, “You didn’t tell me she was black.” That’s When I started defining myself as black, period. Why fight it? Everyone wanted to put me in a box. On passports, at doctor’s offices, when I changed schools, there were boxes to check: Caucasian, Black, Hispanic, Asian. I don’t mean any dishonor to my mother–who is the most wonderful mother in the world, and we are so alike–but: I am black. Rashida answers questions about “what” she is differently. She uses all the adjectives: black, white, Jewish.

RASHIDA: Yes, I do. And I get: “But you look so white!” “You’re not black!” I want to say: “Do you know how hurtful that is to somebody who identifies so strongly with half of who she is?” Still, that’s not as bad as when people don’t know. A year ago a taxi driver said to me, That Jennifer Lopez is a beautiful woman. Thank God she left that disgusting black man, Puffy.” I said, “I’m black.” He tried to smooth it over. IF you’re obviously black, white people watch their tongues, but with me they think they can say anything. When people don’t know “what” you are, you get your heart broken daily.

KIDADA: Rashida has it harder than I do: She can feel rejection from both parties.

RASHIDA: When I audition for white roles, I’m told I’m “too exotic.” When I go up for black roles, I’m told I’m “too light.” I’ve lost a lot of jobs, looking the way I do.

Rashida Jones' Sister Kidada Agrees "She Passed For White" But Did The Mean Girls At Harvard Scare Her Away From Dating Black Men Forever?

^^^ The rest of the interview.

See this is what I'm getting at. Being biracial or multi-racial isn't something you can put into a nice box. Even for someone who is Black, you can't put them into a box because people tend to judge you based on what they think you should be and how they think you should behave.

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good effort

She and th rest of them 40 year old bytches look too old though. not a very authentic look/feel to it. When i think of the 90s i think of being young.

Aaliyah woulda been 37 :merchant:
funny you mention her since rashida's sister was very "close" with ms one in a million :sas2: