Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
"Black language arts"
:mjlol:

This guy is using a metaphor that called for claiming membership in a Black hate group (Aryan nation) while invoking a whole other hate group to strengthen his point (KKK) and you call it "Black language arts"

A lot of are so beyond lost that it's hard to be upset about it at this point.

This is so unmistakably anti-Black and you're STILL defending it and calling ME the brainwashed person for noticing it.

:wow:

Some of the people are basically rap talibans. You can't argue with them. They will defend ANYTHING.

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
Y'all don't seem to understand. Black hearted is not black people.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you comparing 2 different demos though? Under 25 peaked in the 90s, 25 were higher in the 70s, and under 18 peaked in the 90s. Why would I compare 25+ rate to under 25 at a different time period? No matter how you look at it, the numbers were higher in the 90s

I'm not. I'm saying that it's abnormal for a demographic to get better off in education and wealth but get worse off in homicide rates. No other demo experienced that except for black men under 25.

Breh, you can't bend and tweak these stats to your liking. Reading the stats and extracting the data is pretty straight forward.

Exactly - straightforward point is that black men under 25 having a rising homicide rate from the 70s is abnormal. It is abnormal for a people to become wealthier & more educated, but to have rising incidences of homicide.

It was crazy high in the 90s, yes. But even THAT is damning. Why did it get so out of control in the 90s to begin with when most Americans, black people included, were becoming richer & better educated? Hmm...:jbhmm:

You don't think it's suspect that this abnormality was only seen with young black men?

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
A rapper metaphor is not anti black

He didn't say "I'm dressed in all white like the KKK"

He invoked the names of TWO anti-Black hate groups in his metaphor to ensure we understood it's racial context.

"I'm Aryan Nation I don't fukk with n*ggers (KKK)"

But like I said, I'm not here to argue the obvious. It's too obvious.

:hubie:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was having this debate with one of my friends a few months ago. I told them that the 80's to mid 90's were worse when we were growing up...but now you're an adult so you hear about it more. I had to pull up Philly stats to show them we were at 450-500 murders a year then...before a decline in the early 2000s.

Lol Gamble & Huff were part of Black Mafia

To add on to your post- the rules of the street are exactly the same as the rules of the world. The only difference is that those in the world can regulate those in the streets, and there's really no one to regulate the world. They fight over control over blocks (countries), limited and finite goods (resources), extort, have no fly zones literally, make handshake deals, renege on them and go to war at the slightest hunt of disrespect. They are gangs and cliques Now you limit the resources in a concentrated area, what do you think is gonna happen?

Society is nothing but a giant controlled social experiment, and Darwinism at its finest. And that is the root of the problem. Before, it was us (whichever demo you belong to) vs them (the powers that be). But they've managed to make the "us" smaller, so now it becomes mostly everyone vs everyone.
yall keep posting this bullshyt without any context. Yall are completely ignoring technological advances that helped lower the "murder" rate. Nowadays everybody has a cellphone and access to a car. You have universal 911. Trauma units etc. None of that was available back then.

These little goofy nikkas is commiting crimes and shiit to hve lyrical content
I'm not. I'm saying that it's abnormal for a demographic to get better off in education and wealth but get worse off in homicide rates. No other demo experienced that except for black men under 25.

Exactly - straightforward point is that black men under 25 having a rising homicide rate from the 70s is abnormal. It is abnormal for a people to become wealthier & more educated, but to have rising incidences of homicide.

It was crazy high in the 90s, yes. But even THAT is damning. Why did it get so out of control in the 90s to begin with when most Americans, black people included, were becoming richer & better educated? Hmm...:jbhmm:

You don't think it's suspect that this abnormality was only seen with young black men?
Money was so easy to make. you had square nikkas giving up the work life to get that fast money. It's like how the pua and stimulus and PPP loans have made broke boys into factors at least in their minds. it's a recipe for disaster

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I don't see your point here. Without that spike in the 90's, there is virtually no change in the numbers since the 70s. That's is what statistics would call no significant difference.

Secondly, in the 90s, white male under 25 also spiked with damn near double.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see your point here. Without that spike in the 90's, there is virtually no change in the numbers since the 70s. That's is what statistics would call no significant difference.

Secondly, in the 90s, white male under 25 also spiked with damn near double.

I'll give this one last shot as I'm not sure if you're being purposefully difficult or not.

I am talking solely about the long term trend of homicide rates declining for every demographic EXCEPT for black men under the age of 25. I'm not talking about the spike or the 90s or anything.

I am talking about young black men being the only demo bucking the trend of lower murder rates in the 2000s vs. the 1970s.

I work with data scientist and statisticians all the time. That is not what statistics would call no significant difference. In fact, that kind of anomaly would be exactly the one that you would "double click" on to try to understand what the fukk is going on. Because again, it is highly unusual for a people to have better outcomes in schooling and economics and not make progress when it comes to violent crime - especially murder. And it is highly unusual for a single demographic to buck the trend of all other demographics.

What happened in the 90s is irrelevant when we are talking about long term, generational trends. I honestly mean this with no disrespect...if you can't stay understand why the abnormality in the long term trend for young black males vs. others is provocative, you might just lack the quantitative skills to be engaged with on this.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll give this one last shot as I'm not sure if you're being purposefully difficult or not.

I am talking solely about the long term trend of homicide rates declining for every demographic EXCEPT for black men under the age of 25. I'm not talking about the spike or the 90s or anything.

I am talking about young black men being the only demo bucking the trend of lower murder rates in the 2000s vs. the 1970s.

I work with data scientist and statisticians all the time. That is not what statistics would call no significant difference. In fact, that kind of anomaly would be exactly the one that you would "double click" on to try to understand what the fukk is going on. Because again, it is highly unusual for a people to have better outcomes in schooling and economics and not make progress when it comes to violent crime - especially murder. And it is highly unusual for a single demographic to buck the trend of all other demographics.

What happened in the 90s is irrelevant when we are talking about long term, generational trends. I honestly mean this with no disrespect...if you can't stay understand why the abnormality in the long term trend for young black males vs. others is provocative, you might just lack the quantitative skills to be engaged with on this.

Breh, according to the data, the homicide rate was at its lowest for Black men across the board in the '00's.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, according to the data, the homicide rate was at its lowest for Black men across the board in the '00's.

I keep specifying long term trends for black men under 25 and yall are responding like women completely off topic. I give up. I'ma leave yall to it. Peace.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
J Prince didn't even let his kids listen to rap music growing up

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
To me, what really is the final insult to injury is that a large part of today's trap and drill music are produced by non-Black kids.

These rappers, starting all this beef for these suburb kids to be like "Dude is talkin that shyt:gladbron:" and get all the clout far away from the violence that's promoted and only to make beats for other rappers to talk more shyt on.

Last edited: