Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I agree that humans have always used drugs. Still I contend that music has an influence on drug use. In the 60s it influenced people to experiment with psychedelics. In the 80s it encourages coke use. In the 90s a 40 and a blunt was all we wanted. In the 2000s it was E. In 2010s it’s lean.

There's no question about this, especially as it relates to lean specifically. The lionshare of the blame, in my opinion for the widespread popularization of lean belongs to Lil Wayne and with a dishonorable mention of Future in second place.

:francis:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I agree that humans have always used drugs. Still I contend that music has an influence on drug use. In the 60s it influenced people to experiment with psychedelics. In the 80s it encourages coke use. In the 90s a 40 and a blunt was all we wanted. In the 2000s it was E. In 2010s it’s lean.
It’s an echo. Music is just repeating what’s happening.

You’re basically claiming that there would be less prescription drugs abuse if rap didn’t exist which is false

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
Music is not the problem for drugs either. Pain, depression, and curiosity, poverty, has more to do with that. How do you want to fix the world by having a war on drugs, that shyt dont work cus thats just a symptom. You motherfukkers want to destroy the world but talk all this self-righteous shyt and don't even know you stand or where to start. How about serving God first my friends...

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
What else is in the music? Some people have a vested interest/investment in the detriment and degeneracy of the culture to fortify and streamline the genocide of a certain group of people. It's very clear, although it is not meant to be seen that way when partaking. It has trickle down effects that are very reliable for those that control the outcomes of the inputs that they acquire. This is a business that starts with music and ends in a certain percentage of destruction that corrupts a group that would be advantageous to the benefit of another. There's bigger business built off of desensitizing and hypnotizing the youth of a certain group to subliminally self destruct. There's nothing that leads back to you, and you can just blame it on the ills of society over and over again, while in the backround, there are groups deliberately constructing the dysfunction through the entertainment faction and other supporting mediums.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nore shot a dude after seeing Tupac's character in Juice. Saigon said he shot people and committed violent crimes cuz of Mobb Deep and Onyx. I've seen dudes get beat bloody at an M.O.P. show. You're lying to yourself if you don't think kids are influenced by this shyt.
There’s millions of more people that watched those movies and have never ever committed a crime.

This is and always has been faulty logic and a fallacy

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
People bringing up crime stats from the 70s-80s and then saying "SEE!!! Crime dropped in the 90s when gangsta rap was at it's peak!!!" :skip:

Conveniently ignoring the context of the crime bill and war on drugs that locked up large numbers of black men and took them off the streets for decades during that time period.

:skip:

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
bro, you don't get there is nothing without God, you just want to destroy everything. You are the ultimate hypocrite if we are keeping it a buck. You don't want to change anything you just want to save your ass. There's a price to pay with aligning yourself with satan.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s millions of more people that watched those movies and have never ever committed a crime.

This is and always has been faulty logic and a fallacy
Those are just two examples of famous rappers committing crime cuz of rap. How many regular people have done the same shyt? When The Lox dropped their last album a dude called into Kay Slay and said he caught a body to their last album and he's about to catch a new one to this album. I personally know people that have done some dumb shyt cuz their fav rapper was into it.

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
/\ you probably think we should stop scary movies and because people in parallel universes are dying. lol.

Theres a way to go about this and i'm sorry to say your ways are not the truth..

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
People bringing up crime stats from the 70s-80s and then saying "SEE!!! Crime dropped in the 90s when gangsta rap was at it's peak!!!" :skip:

Conveniently ignoring the context of the crime bill and war on drugs that locked up large numbers of black men and took them off the streets for decades during that time period.

:skip:

ojh4FFO.jpg

:wow:

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
I'm not going back and forth with Black people about whether or not content that is obviously anti-Black, is anti-Black.

At this point it makes more sense to let the content do the talking.

Here's a brother claiming to be a member of Aryan Nation to illustrate how much he "doesn't fukk with n*ggers" he even adlibs the bar by yelling "KKK"

But we have to pretend that this isn't anti-Black

:francis:

You a clown and anybody that agrees with you is a clown.
You keep going around with these clear tongue and cheek PUNCHLINES. Metaphors. Examples of black language arts and trying to make these small jokes evidence for Anit blackness from our ENTIRE CULTURE AND ART.
You are brainwashed by crackers.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember when Hip Hop went jiggy and there was a huge backlash against it? This was after the murders of Biggie and Pac. People crowned and dismissed that era because it was party, floss, and excess and less grimey than the mid '90's.

It's like you can't win either way. The Jiggy era was viewed negatively because it was super commercial, mainstream music that was bubbly and fun. Then when artists make something that's darker or violent, it gets blamed for turning the youth into murderers.