Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
good thread if y'all dont start that usual CAC and c00n shyt,,,
You already know where it's gonna go.

This is gonna be the thread where undercovers slide in there talking points with racist undertones.

Not too many people can have a discussion about violence in the AA community without some bullshyt happening.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How can an Adult hear the content in most of the commercial Rap on the radio and playlists, etc... knowing damn well that this shyt is marketed mainly to the youth...knowing damn well that the youth is very gullible and impressionable, etc...and still go out of their way to pretend that there is no problem here?

I know the defenders are just numb and are so used to hearing this content that it doesn't even strike them as awful anymore. But at some point you gotta stop that willfully ignorant shyt and just be honest and real...you got ears and a functioning brain, you know this content is valueless, ignorant fukkery.

Does rap glammorize and endorse gang culture and youth violence and promiscuity and poor values in general? Of course it does...how is this even a debate? The babies IDOLIZE Durk and Youngboy and Kodak and them...they're their role models. You sound insane denying the influence they have over them, all bad.

Is Rap solely responsible for the violence and awful shyt plaguing the hood and society in general? Of course not. Awful shyt plagued society long before Rap. Letting this fact somehow completely absolve Rap from the obvious negative influence it has over the babies is disgusting tho, and anti-black, imo.
Tried to rep you bro but got this message:

MtVIp4F.png

Not sure what this means but I'ma make it my personal mission in life to rep you one day for this heat.

Nothing but facts. :wow:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap does have a negative impact on minds that aren't already developed or strong enough to fully seperate entertainment from real life. The lines become blurred and behavior can become influenced and shifted. Yes, the nature of rap has had sad consequences for those that indulge and are still trying define themselves. These rappers are like video game characters you can select and blend your identity and persona with and eventually your behavior unwittingly...especially the youth. But before rap, the streets influenced the culture that actually makes it so infectious. It's a real thing and can't be denied. It is art and there is a craft behind it. It represents something that is going on and people don't want to face it in full reality, so somehow we turned the pain into an entire subgenre/culture for the masses to consume. With the corporate connection, anything and anyone can plug into it and attain some type of effect with basic interaction and participation. Depending on who you are as a person and your surroundings, it may or may not have detrimental consequences, but most people aren't rooted in anything firm within themselves. They want something shiny, catchy and easy to lull them and numb them from reality.

Today's rap music is designed to push a certain image and message that doesn't benefit the listener for the most part. The concepts are all the same, just over different flows and beats with different but similar looking characters. It's become a death cult. The aggression that pushed it into the mainstream has been transformed into something else. Something that is profitable for the few that control it and detrimental for the unsuspecting minds that interact with it over time. Most of it is bad and that's the truth. It's empty but catchy and that's what the energy is doing and spreading. The violence is coming from the lack of worth and value put into the product and the consumer is interpreting that energy with a lack of value or worth in themselves. It's easy to take another's life or even let go of their own because almost every song talks about it...sings about it even if it's just a second. All the lingo has murder and violence coded into the simplest of lyrics but it's all being taken in by the subconscious of the listener(s).
:wow:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You a clown and anybody that agrees with you is a clown.
You keep going around with these clear tongue and cheek PUNCHLINES. Metaphors. Examples of black language arts and trying to make these small jokes evidence for Anit blackness from our ENTIRE CULTURE AND ART.
You are brainwashed by crackers.
^^^^^^^ this is the difference between black people and groups who are more successful.

Let a Jewish rapper make a song about spinning the block on other Jews. The Jewish community would come together to get that song scrubbed from the internet.

That rapper would be viewed as a traitor to his community and outcasted.

A black rapper can make songs comparing himself to the KKK and killing other black people all day and the black community will defend it as "just entertainment" and "black language arts".

We don't value ourselves or each other and that's a large reason we are in last place collectively.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
^^^^^^^ this is the difference between black people and groups who are more successful.

Let a Jewish rapper make a song about spinning the block on other Jews. The Jewish community would come together to get that song scrubbed from the internet.

A black rapper can make songs comparing himself to the KKK and killing other black people all day and the black community will defend it as "just entertainment" and "black language arts".

We don't value ourselves or each other and that's a large reason we are in last place collectively.
nikkas are such c00ns.
"groups who are more successful" The difference is 500 years of slavery you stupid racc00n. All day long you sit around and hate yourself because they have told you that what happens in your culture is bad. ITs not. Its life. You are poets recording history of the world from your setting and enviroment.
They put CRACK in the neighborhoods c00n. CRACK. On purpose. You cant judge our culture for TELLING THAT. STORY.
YOu just a c00n that hates your own culture. Creative writing is creative writing. Unless a black does it in front of c00ns like you.
And keep your internet cool points goofy. Lame.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road

Stupid you saying that shyt. is you not VALUING YOURSELF AND YOUR CULTURE. You calling your culture bad for just existing is a lack of appreciation. Jews do write about killing and murder and kidnap and rape. its called the bible clown.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I keep specifying long term trends for black men under 25 and yall are responding like women completely off topic. I give up. I'ma leave yall to it. Peace.
That dude will never not double down or argue using bad faith logical fallacies. :shaq2:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh read the chart and see if you don't draw the same conclusion.

Like I said, you still won't address the long term trend of homicide rates increasing for young black men (<25) since the 70s despite black people being wealthier & more educated. You keep talking about the 90s or "all black men" when no one is talking about that.

b8n5vV.md.png

It's a fukking shame that black people can't collectively agree that, at best, rap music IS NOT HELPING the situation. It's 2022. Half of these rappers are from the suburbs or solidly middle class backgrounds, yet so many of them are talking stick this, opps that, etc., etc. And you all are fine with it because "they're just telling their story." That's bullshyt.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, you still won't address the long term trend of homicide rates increasing for young black men (<25) since the 70s despite black people being wealthier & more educated. You keep talking about the 90s or "all black men" when no one is talking about that.

b8n5vV.md.png

According to the chart YOU posted, has Black men 14-17 in the 2000's about even to what was in the 1970's. I never said all Black men and I never made mention of the 90's.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to the chart YOU posted, has Black men 14-17 in the 2000's about even to what was in the 1970's. I never said all Black men and I never made mention of the 90's.

So now it's 14-17. What about 18-24? And why the fukk should homicide rates be higher in the 2000s for sub-25 y.o. black men when they're not for any other group and when black people have gained in education & economics?

You still haven't posited an answer to that question.

You said homicide rates were lowest for black men across the board in the 2000s, which isn't true.