Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
And let's be real, we have posters in here invoking C. Delores Tucker, but still only want to say that the violence in Hip Hop is something that's recent. She led a whole crusade against Hip Hop and had she been successful, ALL Hip Hop that included profanity and misogyny would've been banned. This would've included most Hip Hop music. Then to say "Cream" and "Juicy" are conscious Hip Hop songs is in error. Both those songs would've caught the ban too.

I'm guessing a lot of the proponents of "Rap contributes to violence" debate were not yet born before 2000 or just want to ignore that it was not only a discussion in previous eras, but it was common to turn on the radio in the 90's and hear "violence in rap music that celebrated death".
Worse thing. Is she was a scam artist herself. Lmao. U can’t make all this shyt up.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

I literally knew him personally and know that situation personally so ain’t shyt u can tell me about that situation. If this tryna prove some rap violent shyt u need to move around cause u have no idea what u talkin bout. And even with that. How bout I post a video of Kobe getting 3 pieced by Chris Childs to make like Basketball is violent?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Worse thing. Is she was a scam artist herself. Lmao. U can’t make all this shyt up.

Can you share information here that corroborates your claim that C. Delores Tucker was a scam artist?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I literally knew him personally and know that situation personally so ain’t shyt u can tell me about that situation. If this tryna prove some rap violent shyt u need to move around cause u have no idea what u talkin bout. And even with that. How bout I post a video of Kobe getting 3 pieced by Chris Childs to make like Basketball is violent?

I didn't even quote you breh, relax. and id hack tf out of you if we hooped off GP N u tell me

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
nikka she was out for the bread she even tried to sue Pac’s estate after he died. A lot of people like her used to stay extorting entertainers. Word to Al Sharpton.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, I'm asking you to post something that corroborates your claim that she was a scam artist.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Exactly at the bolded. U just played urself. Because the fact that the media is different. Media consumption is different. Social media literally changed the way people interact with eachother and it has changed social dynamics in a way we haven’t seen before in history. Let’s get it straight here. Before Drill music. nikkas was drillin. And posting it on social media with emojis n shyt. I remember when Drill music came out and people started paying attention to Chicago more. And realized and shocked how cats was having shootouts and killing eachother and posting smileys n shyt like that on Twitter and IG. That @Matt504 nikka keep posting Juice Wrld being influenced by Future to prove his point. Yet ignores the fact that Juice Wrld was a depressed, troubled and desperate individual with PTSD looking for a way to self medicate and escape his internal demons. That ain’t start with the music, we should be looking at what was going on in his life where he felt the need to turn to drugs in the first place. What was his life like in the streets of Chicago? What was his home life like? What would make these rappers write some shyt like..

“I turn the news on and I smell death in the air, I proved YOU wrong I made it out of here, I don’t belong I see my past everywhere, don’t get too close to me, I got PTSD. There’s a Warzone inside of my head, I made it on my own they said I’d be in jail or dead, I’ve seen my brothers fall over and over again, don’t stand too close to me, I got PTSD..”

Those lyrics say it all right there.
Juice WRLD wasn’t in the streets of Chicago. He was from the suburbs. All his lyrics perpetuating a street lifestyle is cap and that is created by the consumer demand for street content where even non-street individuals feel the need to project an image. Juice WRLD had that battery in his back because of those BD/NLMB dudes he was down with.

Juice WRLD said Future made him sip and he did so in 6th Grade as an impressionable child. I'm only a few years older than Juice they definitely had teens making fake lean with Robitussin and NyQuil and double cupping for no reason. :mjlol:

It was rappers that took lean from a local opiate cocktail from Texas to global. It's lean in every ghetto in America all the way out to Zimbabwe.

Lil Wayne and Future have made Wockhardt and Actavis millions upon millions of dollars

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Juice WRLD wasn’t in the streets of Chicago. He was from the suburbs. All his lyrics perpetuating a street lifestyle is cap and that is created by the consumer demand for street content where even non-street individuals feel the need to project an image. Juice WRLD had that battery in his back because of those BD/NLMB dudes he was down with.

Juice WRLD said Future made him sip and he did so in 6th Grade as an impressionable child. I'm only a few years older than Juice they definitely had teens making fake lean with Robitussin and NyQuil and double cupping for no reason. :mjlol:

It was rappers that took lean from a local opiate cocktail from Texas to global. It's lean in every ghetto in America all the way out to Zimbabwe.

Lil Wayne and Future have made Wockhardt and Actavis millions upon millions of dollars
U have no idea what u talking about. I bet u ain’t know Philly had a whole lean scene as well and called it Purple Rain. Smh. Y’all give these rappers too much credit and nikka u don’t know Juice Wrlds life or what that young man seen he was OBVIOUSLY disturbed.