Rap’s Contribution to Violence Debate Thread

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
1) A lot of these rappers didn't even die from violence. For starters, DMX, Black Rob, and Doom weren't murdered. So I don't really get your point.

2) Miss me with most of the rappers listed. These weren't known rappers.

3) How many of them were actually killed as a result of the songs they made?
Who cares if they were KNOWN or not. They were trying to get on in their city and died from the LIFESTYLE.

You sound like a child who doesnt understand the world. I thought like this once. I was a teenager. Grow up. Music has become about doing drugs and killing people. Oh wow. People are dying over drugs and senseless murder. Down overall but up hundreds of percent for RAPPERS. WHY? Explain why this is happening. Dont give me “show me where it was over music” bullshyt. Beforw lean drugs were taboo in rap. Now everhone a fiend. Youre dead wrong and dont wanna admit it n

Murdernis down overall. But up for rappers by hundreds of percent. Explain this phenomenon how it isnt over the music wiich has changed so drastically.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares if they were KNOWN or not. They were trying to get on in their city and died from the LIFESTYLE.

You sound like a child who doesnt understand the world. I thought like this once. I was a teenager. Grow up. Music has become about doing drugs and killing people. Oh wow. People are dying over drugs and senseless murder. Down overall but up hundreds of percent for RAPPERS. WHY? Explain why this is happening. Dont give me “show me where it was over music” bullshyt.

They died from lifestyle that existed long before rap music ever existed.

You all sound like children who never experienced LIFE. Come on. Murder has been occurring before there was music.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How is this deflecting? This is directly related to the topic. If music is by all means a causation of death and violence, please explain to me how someone listening to and enjoying a non-violent song could be on the run from the law for shooting an officer, killing another man, and having assault charges in another state. I'm asking proponents of the whole "Rap contributes to violence" to explain that.
Wait, you're saying that a murderer singing a pop song challenges or debunks the notion that modern rap rap music contributes to violence?

Come on, we're both adults. Don't stoop to such a level.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
According to the chart YOU posted, has Black men 14-17 in the 2000's about even to what was in the 1970's. I never said all Black men and I never made mention of the 90's.
I mentioned the 90's to him because that's where the spike was. Dude doesn't understand the graph he posted.
So now it's 14-17. What about 18-24? And why the fukk should homicide rates be higher in the 2000s for sub-25 y.o. black men when they're not for any other group and when black people have gained in education & economics?

You still haven't posited an answer to that question.

You said homicide rates were lowest for black men across the board in the 2000s, which isn't true.
That's not true, White males 18-24 & 14-17 have higher rates in the 2000s, than they did in the 70s, if you want to speak specifics. But once again, this would be viewed as no significant difference. Females in both groups saw slight declines.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
They died from lifestyle that existed long before rap music ever existed.

You all sound like children who never experienced LIFE. Come on. Murder has been occurring before there was music.
Yea and the radio pumping out DEATH means nothing right? The lifestyle wasnt a fukking fad for an entire generation 20 years ago idiot. Hip hop did that.

Your a straight fool

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, you're saying that a murderer singing a pop song challenges or debunks the notion that modern rap rap music contributes to violence?

Come on, we're both adults. Don't stoop to such a level.

This is no different than one person posting one video of a rapper spittin' violent lyrics to prove the point that rap contributes to violence.

Let's ALL be adults and don't stoop to oversimplification just because. It works both ways.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea and the radio pumping out DEATH means nothing right?

Your a straight fool

Before radio or television, what was pushing death. Why were human beings prone to violent behaviors even in the absence of media and entertainment?

More importantly, there is data when analyzed proves that violent crimes decreased as Hip Hop became more popular.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is no different than one person posting one video of a rapper spittin' violent lyrics to prove the point that rap contributes to violence.

Let's ALL be adults and don't stoop to oversimplification just because. It works both ways.
There are rap songs played on major platforms that call for the death, or CELEBRATE the murder of real people.(other Black men)

Am I making that up or is it true?

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Before radio or television, what was pushing death. Why were human beings prone to violent behaviors even in the absence of media and entertainment?

More importantly, there is data when analyzed proves that violent crimes decreased as Hip Hop became more popular.
You keep talking about the past like its the same as today. Media in the 90s aint media in 2022. You acting like what im saying is some impossible scenario when its basically THE TALKING POINT of today. Its what kanye saying, its what flex is saying. Its what everyone saying and ALREADY KNOWS…

but You wanna talk ‘stats’ so you can run from reality. Its common sense. Your just one of the dumbest people in coli history so idk why im even talking with you.

Wheres the data? Everhone knows murders are down in every city ten fold EXCEPT the cities where HIP HOP and gangs which INFLUENCED AND INFILTRATED HIP HOP reign supreme. And look.. rappers dying left and righer every fukking week.

fukkin DUH. Show me the stats ass motherfukker. Are you slow? Dont answer that cuz i already know you are. Using backstreet boys singing killers for false equivalency. Suck my dikk

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep talking about the past like its the same as today. Media in the 90s aint media in 2022. You acting like what im saying is some impossible scenario when its basically THE TALKING POINT of today. Its what kanye saying, its what flex is saying. Its what everyone saying and ALREADY KNOWS…

but You wanna talk ‘stats’ so you can run from reality. Its common sense. Your just one of the dumbest people in coli history so idk why im even talking with you.
The difference in the media now is that social media has taken over and controls the narrative. And it is my stance, that there's more debauchery on social media directly related to the violence and negative images. Why? Children will kill themselves over negative comments left on their pics. People use social media to stunt and taunt each other. These are people that they have to see in school hallways that will check them on what they posted. So now, you have two teenagers in an altercation over a post on social media. Then there's the classmates who will video the whole entire altercation on their phone. Where will it be posted? BINGO, it's all over social media and has possibly went viral. Deadly cycle because now this will spawn copycats who see this as a means for clout and going viral.
Wheres the data? Everhone knows murders are down in every city ten fold EXCEPT the cities where HIP HOP and gangs which INFLUENCED AND INFILTRATED HIP HOP reign supreme. And look.. rappers dying left and righer every fukking week.

fukkin DUH. Show me the stats ass motherfukker. Are you slow? Dont answer that cuz i already know you are. Using backstreet boys singing killers for false equivalency. Suck my dikk

I haven't once called you out of your name. Yet, here you are. You listen to Lupe Fiasco and shunned listening to violent music. So please, enlighten us to why you are so violent.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'll give this one last shot as I'm not sure if you're being purposefully difficult or not.

I am talking solely about the long term trend of homicide rates declining for every demographic EXCEPT for black men under the age of 25. I'm not talking about the spike or the 90s or anything.

I am talking about young black men being the only demo bucking the trend of lower murder rates in the 2000s vs. the 1970s.

I work with data scientist and statisticians all the time. That is not what statistics would call no significant difference. In fact, that kind of anomaly would be exactly the one that you would "double click" on to try to understand what the fukk is going on. Because again, it is highly unusual for a people to have better outcomes in schooling and economics and not make progress when it comes to violent crime - especially murder. And it is highly unusual for a single demographic to buck the trend of all other demographics.

What happened in the 90s is irrelevant when we are talking about long term, generational trends. I honestly mean this with no disrespect...if you can't stay understand why the abnormality in the long term trend for young black males vs. others is provocative, you might just lack the quantitative skills to be engaged with on this.

It's one thing to identify a trend/anomaly. Which is what you have done.

It's another thing to draw a correlation between 2 variables. "The rise in murders is correlated with the growth of violent rap music".

It's yet another thing entirely to conduct causal inference. "The rise in murders is caused/driven by the growth of violent rap music".

If you really worked around data scientists, and you showed them your "analysis" they'd laugh you out the door. You and others have done absolutely nothing to show that numbers indicate a correlation between rap music and violence, not to talk of rap music causing violence. All you're doing is showing a trend and saying, "doesn't that say something??" No your dumb analysis doesn't say shyt

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

fukkin DUH. Show me the stats ass motherfukker. Are you slow? Dont answer that cuz i already know you are.
Why isn't media in the past the same as today? Whatever the speaking points are now, they were the same then. And these same crimes existed before media was prominent. The only difference is the access of it, but there were books also associated with the way people behaved as well.

If these kids were not rappers, there is the high probability they would have died the same way. It is the lifestyle they were living, and the people they already were associated with.

So, back to my original point - Music is the primary cause for kids acting whichever way they do. So from every genre, every generation, it was the music that made them act in such a way that turned them into the degenerates of their society. So, EVERY elder speaking on the kids on their generation was correct. So, salute C Delores Tucker, because that's what y'all have become.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are rap songs played on major platforms that call for the death, or CELEBRATE the murder of real people.(other Black men)

Am I making that up or is it true?

And you say this as if I am saying that these songs aren't on major platforms. Nobody's saying they aren't. That's been the norm for decades. "Hit Em Up" was played on the radio. Violence was threatened against real people in that song. "Dre Day" is another one. I can give you a litany of rap songs that have that content.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
And you say this as if I am saying that these songs aren't on major platforms. Nobody's saying they aren't. That's been the norm for decades. "Hit Em Up" was played on the radio. Violence was threatened against real people in that song. "Dre Day" is another one. I can give you a litany of rap songs that have that content.
You're deflecting again.

What I wrote was "calling for the death and CELEBRATING the murder of actual people (other Black men).

I take your answer to be YES.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Why isn't media in the past the same as today? Whatever the speaking points are now, they were the same then. And these same crimes existed before media was prominent.

If these kids were not rappers, there is the high probability they would have died the same way. It is the lifestyle they were living, and the people they already were associated with.

So, back to my original point - Music is the primary cause for kids acting whichever way they do. So from every genre, every generation, it was the music that made them act in such a way that turned them into the degenerates of their society. So, EVERY elder speaking on the kids on their generation was correct. So, salute C Delores Tucker, because that's what y'all have become.
Music has NEVER controlled how you grow up and behave until recently. People wanted to be like michael jackson. Or jordan. And that turned into being a thug is cool. Deloris tucker was fukking right bro. She lived and saw the change in real time. We grew up with it. We know no different.

In the 80s or 90s i didnt tirn on the radio as a child and hear someones gon fukk my girl, kill me, kill my family. On mainstream fukkin radio.

Rappers didnt make songs called “i hate ******s. Call me kkk” 21 savage.

We grew up in an era where drugs were looked down on. And you got a STERN talking to. Goto kensington philadelphia count how many black kids you see walking like zombies. On thecoli only white kids do drugs lol. But in reality its fukking something else.

I literally saved one last week falling out lying on his legs all fentynold up. Because rap told them lean was fukking cool. Pure and simple. FACT.

how many people join gangs cuz rap glorifys it. Fact. We had music like tht too. But CREAM by wutang was a concious song. Juicy was a concious song. Where are thise songs today? They dont EXIST.

Today i got nicky minaj talking about how she gon work the dikk EXPLICITLY for lil girls to listen and dance to. They are NOT equal.

You guys do not go outside if you think different. You dont talk to these kids. I grew up with them. IN THIS ERA. They know it. They just tryna fit in and suffer the co sequences. Why dont yall? Cause yall sheltered on thecoli. Half yall 45 years old. Using 1995 talking points like its still 1995.

2 pac and biggie was a major event to us. Today rappers like that die EVERY MONTH.

But nah… its all the same. Noones talking about. kanye or flex or everyone else saying it all full of shyt right .

I can literally post ig account after ig saying the same shyt like delores tucker. LEGENDS. But yall wanna play pretend. Hip hop is not some sacred thing anymore. Its a business of DEATH.