Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice (and their respective albums) are other examples. Except they don't even get the nostalgia mention. Rick Ross gave Hammer the most relevance he's had in years.

Hammer and Vanilla Ice are the standard bearers for this thread. Shoulda been the first two people listed.

nah.

hammer had impact.

slightly similar impact to kanye actually. yet, i see kanye getting luv in here.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:what: tha fukk???

For better or worse this album had a crazy impact on pop culture to this day, from pop artists taking risks musically to wacky fashion trends. 3000 made it "cool" to sound/dress different when "Hey Ya" blew up. shyt, Kanye's whole steez was influenced by this album.

Hell you might even say that the whole urban "hipster" movement can be directly traced back to this album (like I said for better or worse lol).

this aint about pop culture dog.

thanks for proving my point and exhibiting the purpose of this thread.

too much stuff gets lost in translation. and then we wonder why hip-hop isnt hip-hop anymore.....because half of yall dont even know what she looks like.

this thread is long overdue.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
this aint about pop culture dog.

thanks for proving my point and exhibiting the purpose of this thread.

too much stuff gets lost in translation. and then we wonder why hip-hop isnt hip-hop anymore.....because half of yall dont even know what she looks like.

this thread is long overdue.

I had to double take and read the OP to see if you mentioned anything about hip hop culture...and u didn't :beli: (tho you will probably edit the OP like you did this post)

Anyway that doesn't even matter...someone mentioned SB/TLB having no impact on culture (which you co-signed) and I showed that was completely false. And when I say "pop" culture, I was really talking about what's popular in our culture whether it's hip hop, the streets, burbs, clubs, tv, hollywood etc.

Stop moving the goalposts nikka. :camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I had to double take and read the OP to see if you mentioned anything about hip hop culture...and u didn't :beli: (tho you will probably edit the OP like you did this post)

Anyway that doesn't even matter...someone mentioned SB/TLB having no impact on culture (which you co-signed) and I showed that was completely false.

Stop moving the goalposts nikka. :camby:

:what:

what other culture could i possibly be referring to? or do i have to double back and make sure that this is a hip-hop board?:dwillhuh:

the fact that you need me to type out "hip-hop culture" does nothing but further my point. AGAIN.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
:what:

what other culture could i possibly be referring to? or do i have to double back and make sure that this is a hip-hop board?:dwillhuh:

the fact that you need me to type out "hip-hop culture" does nothing but further my point. AGAIN.

Peep my edit...your point is moot anyway. You said name an album that was huge but had no impact on culture (hip hop)..you co-signed SB/TLB and that is just utterly ridiculous.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
how could you admit youre wrong? are you serious right now?

LETS LOOK AT EXHIBIT A:

for starters, this is WAY off-topic and i have no clue why you even posted this.

but i tried to entertain your question anyway since you are good for a hip-hop discussion. so i asked you to be more specific.

this then led to you naming a bunch of names that were never hot and/or never taken seriously.

and from there, we end up with you asking me to name rappers for you, because you didnt know what you came in here yappin about.

:mindblown: i figured that maybe you were drunk but this is a whole 24 hours later.
I was naming wack rappers because you asked me who I was thinking of. You said none of them were hot in the streets or taken seriously (with the exception of Gucci I guess). So, instead of me naming wack rapper after wack rapper who I thought was hot in the streets, it made a lot more sense for you to name the great rappers who are hot in the streets over the past decade or so. That's the whole idea. Do the streets still give a fukk about whether someone can actually rap? Or is it lowest common denominator shyt.

Let's just list everyone who's been really hot in the streets/hood over the past decade and then I can do the math on who can actually rap and who's a Wacka Flocka. I'm guessing at most - 10% are actually good.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Peep my edit...your point is moot anyway. You said name an album that was huge but had no impact on culture (hip hop)..you co-signed SB/TLB and that is just utterly ridiculous.

please explain the bolded.:popcorn:

btw, i peeped your edit. and its still a bad post. and you still dont get it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was naming wack rappers because you asked me who I was thinking of. You said none of them were hot in the streets or taken seriously (with the exception of Gucci I guess). So, instead of me naming wack rapper after wack rapper who I thought was hot in the streets, it made a lot more sense for you to name the great rappers who are hot in the streets over the past decade or so. That's the whole idea. Do the streets still give a fukk about whether someone can actually rap? Or is it lowest common denominator shyt.

Let's just list everyone who's been really hot in the streets/hood over the past decade and then I can do the math on who can actually rap and who's a Wacka Flocka. I'm guessing at most - 10% are actually good.

dog this conversation doesnt even make sense.

you came in here making a bold statement about something that you know nothing about. and not only do you refuse to take your L, but youre trying to turn it around and demand a list.:facepalm:

and youre doing it again with the bolded.

:mindblown:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
dog this conversation doesnt even make sense.

you came in here making a bold statement about something that you know nothing about. and not only do you refuse to take your L, but youre trying to turn it around and demand a list.:facepalm:

and youre doing it again with the bolded.

:mindblown:
I'm not demanding anything. If you want to talk about this - then name some names. But don't claim that I'm wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about but refuse to prove me wrong. If I'm wrong - prove me wrong. If you don't want to talk about it for some other reason - say so.

All this typing you're doing - just type some names instead!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm not demanding anything. If you want to talk about this - then name some names. But don't claim that I'm wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about but refuse to prove me wrong. If I'm wrong - prove me wrong. If you don't want to talk about it for some other reason - say so.

All this typing you're doing - just type some names instead!

dog, you already showed that you dont know what youre talking about by the names that you mentioned, and then you giving up and asking for help.

this has to be the weirdest exchange ive ever had on here.

i'll help you out and type names(for whatever reason) after you admit that you were talking out ya ass.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
please explain the bolded.:popcorn:

btw, i peeped your edit. and its still a bad post. and you still dont get it.

I already did. SB/TLB had a dramatic impact on hip hop culture from dude's dressing in crazy hipster outfits to a dude like Wayne making "Lollipop" or that little rock album he did, not to mention Kanye and his exploits. All that can be traced back to SB/TLB, and to co-sign that it didn't would be utterly ridiculous. I didn't say I necessarily liked the impact it made btw, but just because it might be negative doesn't negates it's impact.

You asked a simple question in the title/OP and co-signed a wrong answer... but u right tho, "I still don't get it". So how about u moving the goalposts some more and explain it to me.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I already did. SB/TLB had a dramatic impact on hip hop culture from dude's dressing in crazy hipster outfits to a dude like Wayne making "Lollipop" or that little rock album he did, not to mention Kanye and his exploits. All that can be traced back to SB/TLB, and to co-sign that it didn't would be utterly ridiculous. I didn't say I necessarily liked the impact it made btw, but just because it might be negative doesn't negates it's impact.

You asked a simple question in the title/OP and co-signed a wrong answer... but u right tho, "I still don't get it". So how about u moving the goalposts some more and explain it to me.

you just listed a bunch of industry and culture-vulture chit.

you gave no examples of how it impacted the culture.

HIP-HOP CULTURE. not pop culture. not dike culture. not the tv. not hollywood.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
you just listed a bunch of industry and culture-vulture chit.

you gave no examples of how it impacted the culture.

HIP-HOP CULTURE. not pop culture. not dike culture. not the tv. not hollywood.

I think i'm just about done here lol...

but before I go, can you define what "impact the culture" means and give some examples of albums that did that? :lupe:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think i'm just about done here lol...

but before I go, can you define what "impact the culture" means and give some examples of albums that did that? :lupe:

if you need me to define what "impact the culture" means, then you shouldnt be arguing and you certainly shouldnt be throwing slick insults.

and theres an example of an impactful album on the previous page, being broken down by multiple posters.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
if you need me to define what "impact the culture" means, then you shouldnt be arguing and you certainly shouldnt be throwing slick insults.

and theres an example of an impactful album on the previous page, being broken down by multiple posters.

Well here's a direct insult... you're arguing like a female right now with this dodging and weaving lol. I asked you a direct question, just answer it and keep it moving.

Oh shyt u said Blueprint 3....i'm out for real now :laugh: