Rappers/Albums That Put Up Big Numbers But Lacked The Cultural Impact To Match

Daps
:deadmanny: at nikkas trying to give Dre's 2001 credit because Kanye bit the DRUM PATTERN off xplosive for one song on the blueprint.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
2 homers(one of them being like 20 years old) who dont understand that this album's CULTURAL impact is regional.

outside of the west, it was mostly a mainstream affair. and its blatantly obvious.

i know its a hard pill to swallow, especially seeing that youre taking the pill 15 years too late, but it is what it is.

ITS NOT THE CHRONIC.:pachaha:
what the fukk are you talking about? I dare you to answer that coherently.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
what the fukk are you talking about? I dare you to answer that coherently.

dont think girls cant get it too ackie. watch your mouth.

and stop playing stupid. we broke that chit down to the core like two, three, four times already. how about you address it?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:deadmanny: at nikkas trying to give Dre's 2001 credit because Kanye bit the DRUM PATTERN off xplosive for one song on the blueprint.
It was thr
It was 'this can't be life' off the dynasty album.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
2001 did have a cultural impact. It brought customized cars to the mainstream (west coast customs) before cash money really took off. The 'Next Episode' instant vibe starter... Lala...la...la...la...la

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is a good thread. MC Hammer 'Too Legit To Quit'... I threw a hail mary. :russ:

haha. that was my first rap album. tape was trash.

that single tho.:ohlawd: that was like the official sports anthem.:stylin: still go hard.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i gotta give it up for hammer tho.

you cant deny his impact. dude was the center of attention, whether the attention was good or bad. and people still keep his name in their mouth on the reg.

his impact was very kanye west-ish. cant give props to kanye and leave out hammer.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
:patrice: how are y'all saying Em made no cultural impact? Em's one of the top rappers in every top rapper's top list. Y'all act like he didn't leave Jay crippled, brought back Dre and help bring the west back. I'm no huge Em fan, but i'm just being real. I def think his time has passed now. though.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:patrice: how are y'all saying Em made no cultural impact? Em's one of the top rappers in every top rapper's top list. Y'all act like he didn't leave Jay crippled, brought back Dre and help bring the west back. I'm no huge Em fan, but i'm just being real. I def think his time has passed now. though.

the west never came back. that was a myth.

the rest of this has nothing to do with cultural impact.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
the west never came back. that was a myth.

the rest of this has nothing to do with cultural impact.

What's your meaning of cultural impact then? I mean he did have white dudes wearing durags :yeshrug:. He signed 50. If he's one of the top emcees in a black culture, how does he not have any impact on it?

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He never had the streets like Silkk the Shocker's first 3 albums or TRU's albums

MMLP did have some impact, it definitely was not only CACs listening to that at the time

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
What's your meaning of cultural impact then? I mean he did have white dudes wearing durags :yeshrug:. He signed 50. If he's one of the top emcees in a black culture, how does he not have any impact on it?

lol. yall seriously reaching for straws.

not that it has any bearing whatsoever(LOL), but white people were rockin durags long before eminem.

you cant buy impact by signing somebody. especially when you do it after theyre already hot.