"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
full
Blame anything but the parents/child.

:unimpressed: I'd imagine it's people who listen to rap DAILY that don't go out a commit crimes.
This
Again they wanna find everything to not blame dogshyt ass parents
I get why teachers quit in droves too
Parents raising dogshyt ass kids but no one looking at them

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Well if they’re gonna get influenced, I’d rather it be to scam banks/institutions instead of gangbanging/selling dope :manny:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
nikkas be like “Im a product of my environment”

Music is a part of your environment.

Its not the only thing but it plays a part in shaping the mind. This subject is multi-layered
I lost a brother to gang violence. All he did was listen to drill music.

I got to read all these posts about how it’s always the parents fault when I know my dad doesn’t consume that type of music and he tried his best to be a loving father and put him in the right direction

My brother and his friends only consumed drill music and hood shyt on YouTube. And I don’t know if these posters have kids or not, and if they do are they living in a nice neighborhood or not…

But it’s annoying to read posts saying they grew up on gangsta rap music and it didn’t affect them…. Yeah you also listened to r&b, black artists who were in different genres like rock, gospel, and uplifting music.

These kids in the hood listen to drill 24/7 they watch hood shyt 24/7. Like you didn’t have YouTube at the palm of your hands at the age of 8. You’re a 45 year old man on the coli who grew up in different times when the internet had no impact. Yeah it’s the parents fault for not monitoring these little kids watching and viewing habits.

But for us to blame the parents then we have to acknowledge that type of content can damage a young mind.

I don’t ever seen any of these hood nikkas getting on live bumping fall out boy or any of these chicks shaking their ass to araianna grande

It’s not the main problem but it’s a common trait of the environment

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
The reason why I don't necessarily follow the narrative that rap music is this huge influence on people doing bad things is because before rap these same problems existed in greater numbers. Crime of pretty much all that existed back then was worse.

Now, lets take Drill music for example. I don't think it's a good representation for the genre and the culture overall. With that being said, the murder rate was worse in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and the early 2000s when Drill rap didn't exist.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Sure it can because there are people out there who know the difference and those that think their favorite rapper is "really like that"
It's an insult among rappers themselves, not just fans. Come on, breh. Wanksta, Real Muthafukkin Gs, the list goes on.

The label wouldn't carry weight if it was just entertainment. No one goes after Matt Damon for not being Jason Bourne, and if someone did, they would not be taken seriously.