"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
This is basically the second amendment/mass shooting argument.

Nothing will change and neither will anyone’s opinion until they are a victim and looking to place blame.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
As usual it's not black and white, nor a vacuum.

You're lying if you say it doesn't have any influence.

Circumstances and personalities matter though.

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it does if you have terrible parents who allow music to have more of an influence than them. Children are sponges that will be influenced by something :yeshrug:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
full
Blame anything but the parents/child.

:unimpressed: I'd imagine it's people who listen to rap DAILY that don't go out a commit crimes.
I came to the realization a few years ago that, while we may not have gotten caught… yes, we were out here committing crimes and a lot of times in the name if rap music. Now, most weren’t big crimes in the grand scheme of things, but crimes nonetheless.

A lot of the smoking, underage drinking, other drug use are largely fueled by emulating what we hear in music. I smoked actual pinestraw when I was in elementary school because of crucial conflict :pachaha:

It looked like Hay to me, lol. Hearing songs minimize driving drunk had me feeling like it was no big deal.

Now I didn’t live in an environment where violence was big, so that wasn’t an issue. But best believe dudes were joining gangs and smoking weed EARLY trying to emulate their favorite rappers.

Edit: Not to mention other degenerate behavior that’s not illegal but definitely not ethical or beneficial to society

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I think it evident that what some people may read/watch/listen doesn't influence them.

Just had one poster say he been listening to rap since its inception and he not out here scamming.

But others may be more impressionable and easier to influence. There still some level of accountability a person need to take instead of scapegoating media.
I appreciate your response but I realized I just don't have the capacity for this topic anymore. Feel like I been having it for 20 years at this point. Hope you have a good day breh

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It's mostly fallacious reasoning ala, "I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 16 and I don't have these respiratory issues so maybe cigarettes aren't the issue here"

These rappers promote drugs and violence and assure us that they are who they're portraying themselves as. That's what separates them from their actor counterparts. Why are these rap "entertainers" never not in character when they're doing interviews like actors, why don't they refer to their rap personas in the third person like actors do?

Check out some of the threads from the period when it was revealed that Rick Ross was a corrections officer. take a shot for every post you find of people saying "what's the big deal, he's just an entertainer, I never thought he was actually moving weight"
Facts. Rick Ross doesn't interview as William Roberts.

The rappers themselves do not distinguish their rap persona from themselves, but fans expect young consumers to.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
It's mostly fallacious reasoning ala, "I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 16 and I don't have these respiratory issues so maybe cigarettes aren't the issue here"

These rappers promote drugs and violence and assure us that they are who they're portraying themselves as. That's what separates them from their actor counterparts. Why are these rap "entertainers" never not in character when they're doing interviews like actors, why don't they refer to their rap personas in the third person like actors do?

Check out some of the threads from the period when it was revealed that Rick Ross was a corrections officer. take a shot for every post you find of people saying "what's the big deal, he's just an entertainer, I never thought he was actually moving weight"

Except you can point to the data that smoking causes lung cancer

I'll wait for you to post data that listening to rap music causes people to break the law.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Except you can point to the data that smoking causes lung cancer

I'll wait for you to post data that listening to rap music causes people to break the law.

The discussion is about the influence of rap, no one's making the claim that listening to a rap song "causes" {x}.