"RAp dOeSnt infLUence Kids tO Do bAd"

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
when people say rap made them do something that's just them not taking responsibility for their own actions. And look at how some of yall eat it up and think you slam dunking a point home.

"i had no control over my actions, rap made me do it...don't blame me for setting up a whole scam operation". :mjlol:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
less about music and more about not coming form a family that emphasized having decent ethics and moral values

Imma be real, I dont believe gen x black parents are instructing their kids on how to develop a value system

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
But it was rap. :dahell:

You cats will come up wth the dumbest defense to refute something obvious.
I'm pretty sure other people/influences/tv shows/music probably encouraged good behavior

At the end of the day, he CHOSE to listen to the bad rap songs. he could have listened to his teachers it parents.

That says more about him and what he's drawn to than it does about rap.

He's just a bad person :ld:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Just want to see how accepted it will be when that first cac claim polka made them into a mass shooter!!
Ol'e boy who killed John Lennon blamed a book. Nah dude you just wanted to catch that body.
when people say rap made them do something that's just them not taking responsibility for their own actions. And look at how some of yall eat it up and think you slam dunking a point home.

"i had no control over my actions, rap made me do it...don't blame me for setting up a whole scam operation". :mjlol:
Exactly.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed:Just like we dont buy it when Karens blame video games and rock for the reason little johnny shot up a public area. We don't buy it when parents say they sons/daughters thuggin and hoeing because of music.

"Little Johnny is a good kid that's not like him I blame those video games he likes to play."
blue-face.gif

Now all the videos games get censored or banned because of this Karen.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
100%. Media helps people form their own identities. Some people are more susceptible than others. Most can listen without jumping out the window, but there is a portion that want to live the lifestyle because of the music.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I don't get it. So yall think what you listen to, watch, or read has no influence on you ?
I think it evident that what some people may read/watch/listen doesn't influence them.

Just had one poster say he been listening to rap since its inception and he not out here scamming.

But others may be more impressionable and easier to influence. There still some level of accountability a person need to take instead of scapegoating media.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I don't get it. So yall think what you listen to, watch, or read has no influence on you ?

It's mostly fallacious reasoning ala, "I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 16 and I don't have these respiratory issues so maybe cigarettes aren't the issue here"

These rappers promote drugs and violence and assure us that they are who they're portraying themselves as. That's what separates them from their actor counterparts. Why are these rap "entertainers" never not in character when they're doing interviews like actors, why don't they refer to their rap personas in the third person like actors do?

Check out some of the threads from the period when it was revealed that Rick Ross was a corrections officer. take a shot for every post you find of people saying "what's the big deal, he's just an entertainer, I never thought he was actually moving weight"