Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:snoop: Just a bad day at the gym for me today. Was power upper body day...I find one dude to spot me with my 95lbs. dumbbells. I had to tell him to ease up on the help...seemed like he was in a rush and didn't want to help. :mjpls: The second spotter...:mindblown: I had the weight lifted in the air and my arm rocks back in the direction of my head and I drop the weight. I'm surprised I didn't fukk up my shoulder. I can't trust anybody to spot me...:sadbron:

that's the exactly scenario that happened to me 6 years ago..except i ended up dislocating my shoulder for a second time:angry:

semtex

:)
Daps
Resistance bands make everything more interesting. Pushups are actually challenging again. :youngsabo:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Do u MFers swim???? Wifey is teaching me at the pool in our gym. I am still having trouble w/breathing and treading water... but I learned + did doggie paddle yesterday the whole length of the pool. My only challenge right now is treading water... if I lay out to float my face is a good 4-6" underwater :sadcam: Only gonna get worse as I get bigger/leaner :sadcam:

Don't sleep though!!!! I was wrecked after like 8 laps and our pool is maybe 1/4 the size of an olympic

Natural swimmer, moms says they put me near a pool when I was a toddler and I was good to go.

Try floating on your back, that's usually a good way to learn balance.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
that's the exactly scenario that happened to me 6 years ago..except i ended up dislocating my shoulder for a second time:angry:

Now I don't know just to pick the biggest looking dude or the dude that seems to be the most friendly looking. Don't even get me started on someone spotting me for squats. :childplease:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Do u MFers swim???? Wifey is teaching me at the pool in our gym. I am still having trouble w/breathing and treading water... but I learned + did doggie paddle yesterday the whole length of the pool. My only challenge right now is treading water... if I lay out to float my face is a good 4-6" underwater :sadcam: Only gonna get worse as I get bigger/leaner :sadcam:

Don't sleep though!!!! I was wrecked after like 8 laps and our pool is maybe 1/4 the size of an olympic

I swim 2-3 times a week for cardio, usually on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday. Sometimes I'll get over there on Saturday too. Swimming is a great workout for cardio, and low-key muscle toning, especially the torso. Only problem is that I get ridiculously hungry afterwards. No idea why swimming ramps up my appetite so bad. I get back to the office and I'm like
cookie-monster-eating-o.gif

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
got a bodyfat estimate of 15%, 7-8 more lbs to lose, i can do this

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit"

-Aristotle-

semtex

:)
Daps
real talk...the shyt will put a burn in your arms no weight can ever duplicate brehs...if you want to build those fast twitch muscles..thats the way to do it
band pullthroughs too. excellent for the core and the deadlift muscles

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Enlightendumucate me por favor

It's for IF bulking spawned by Lyle from some study in '05 talkin about increased insulin sensitivity after 20hrs of fasting. Now add the fact that protein synthesize begins to increase 5h post workout, peaks at 24hr, and baselines at 36... 20/28 only makes sense.

Here lemme just paste a summarization some dude put together.

So here is how it is shaping up:

IF Plan:

Alternating around 28 hours of eating (2pm to 6pm of next day) [Eating Phase] and 20 hours of fasting/PSMF (6pm to 2pm of next day).[Fasting Phase]

Workouts take place at hour 5 of the 28 hour Eating Phase.

Illustration:

So say we're on Monday training around 7pm.
Breakfast: PSMF meal
Lunch: PSMF meal
2pm: small carb/protin + fruit
5 pm: small carb/protein + fruit
7-8pm: training
8pm: big carb/protein hit
maybe another at bedtime

Tuesday: since we begin pre-workout stuff at 2pm, that means counting back 20 hours. so you stop eating at 6pm. So from 2pm the previous day until 6pm, you would be eating maintnance + 600-800. At 6pm, you stop eating. A small PSMF dinner would be fine.

Wed: same as Mon. PSMF breakfast, PSMF lunch, start pr-workout 5 hours before, etc.

Calories:

Fasting Phase: set calories on the 20 hour Fasting Phase the same levels as on a PSMF. 6-8 cal/lb assuming a protein intake of 1.5-2 g/lb. That should still be a sizeable deficit.

Eating Phase: During the 28 hour Eating Phase, set calories at 800 to 1600 over maintenance.

A note about eating on workout days:

5 hours out, small meal of protein, carbs with some fruit*
2 hours out, small meal of protein, carb swith some fruit*
train: carb/protein drink during workout. think 30 g carbs and 8-10 g whey protein.
immediate post workout: dextrose/glucose + whey protein and creatine. then eat like a crazed weasel until 6pm the following evening.

*the fruit is important, you need to get the liver back into an anabolic mode, that means refilling liver glycogen.

For clarity, PSMF = Keto style eating , but without the fat.

Now how you treat the 20hrs is up to you. You can PSMF it and adjust feasting calories accordingly or you can straight eat nothing and eat almost 2x the calories you'd normally eat during the 28hrs of feasting. Using the given time frames, fasting 6pm-2pm isn't a big deal.

There's a lot of play to this. Intrigues me to say the least. You can combine the 2 pre-workout meals and cut out the intra-workout nutrition if you want. It's what I plan to do atleast. This (the pre-wo meal timing) is also how Martin bulked for the longest while implementing his leangains strategy.

I'm leaning toward the EOD lifting format(AxBx...) for recovery reasons, anyway. Might aswell give this a try.

Enjoy.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
It's for IF bulking spawned by Lyle from some study in '05 talkin about increased insulin sensitivity after 20hrs of fasting. Now add the fact that protein synthesize begins to increase 5h post workout, peaks at 24hr, and baselines at 36... 20/28 only makes sense.

Here lemme just paste a summarization some dude put together.

For clarity, PSMF = Keto style eating , but without the fat.

Now how you treat the 20hrs is up to you. You can PSMF it and adjust feasting calories accordingly or you can straight eat nothing and eat almost 2x the calories you'd normally eat during the 28hrs of feasting. Using the given time frames, fasting 6pm-2pm isn't a big deal.

There's a lot of play to this. Intrigues me to say the least. You can combine the 2 pre-workout meals and cut out the intra-workout nutrition if you want. It's what I plan to do atleast. This (the pre-wo meal timing) is also how Martin bulked for the longest while implementing his leangains strategy.

I'm leaning toward the EOD lifting format(AxBx...) for recovery reasons, anyway. Might aswell give this a try.

Enjoy.

good looks on the info, 'preciated

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
PSMF = Protein Sparing Modified Fast. This makes hella sense now, I was like "how the fukk can you bulk w/a Eat-Stop-Eat" plan

I was kind of doing this but I never managed to be consistent with completely cut carbs out.

That said, wouldn't the PSMF meals kill the increased insulin sensitivity during the fast? Seems like it would have to be a complete start/stop to get the desired responses.