Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Anyone know the rep range fighters (the ones that lift) normally stay around?

Im seriously thinking of getting into Jiujitsu & a little boxing.
I like the idea of working out for a specific task.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
A gym-attending coworker of mine who is kind of thirsty but plays it off like she is looking for the right guy (:hmm:) was unloading boxes with me a couple weeks ago, I was getting a bit of a pump and she looks at my arms and says "I like your veins"

She wasn't even being sarcastic either. She only sees me in longer-sleeved t-shirts and my wrists and forearms aren't jacked so I don't look like I lift with the wrong type of t-shirt cut....but once she saw that pump going she was getting :drool:

I could have hit a long time ago....but, you know, monogomy and shyt :sad:. Get married brehs.
Be faithful brehs...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Squat rack was occupied today so I decided to finally test my deadlift limits (never done it before from a fresh start)

After warm up, did singles at 225, 275, and 295 which is the highest I have hit yet.

Added 10 lbs per attempt and kept doing singles. Threw on straps at 315 because I was not interested in working on grip strength.

Hit 335 :blessed:

Only made one attempt at 345 and missed, didn't give it a second try. At least now I now what to work for, I'm going to start up bi-weekly deadlift max sessions.

Not bad considering I have deadlifted less than 10 times in my life and never really put any effort into improving it.

Officially have hit my base strength goals for the 3 major power lifts:blessed:
1X BW Bench
1.5X BW Squat
2X BW Deadlift

Not sure I have the dedication to get up to 1.5, 2, 2.5 though :patrice:. Especially in bench press. I'm about sick of bulk/cut cycles and am thinking about moving to 10%BF year-round by the end of the year. Anybody here get significantly stronger when not on a bulking cycle? :lupe:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Squat rack was occupied today so I decided to finally test my deadlift limits (never done it before from a fresh start)

After warm up, did singles at 225, 275, and 295 which is the highest I have hit yet.

Added 10 lbs per attempt and kept doing singles. Threw on straps at 315 because I was not interested in working on grip strength.

Hit 335 :blessed:

Only made one attempt at 345 and missed, didn't give it a second try. At least now I now what to work for, I'm going to start up bi-weekly deadlift max sessions.

Not bad considering I have deadlifted less than 10 times in my life and never really put any effort into improving it.

Officially have hit my base strength goals for the 3 major power lifts:blessed:
1X BW Bench
1.5X BW Squat
2X BW Deadlift

Not sure I have the dedication to get up to 1.5, 2, 2.5 though :patrice:. Especially in bench press. I'm about sick of bulk/cut cycles and am thinking about moving to 10%BF year-round by the end of the year. Anybody here get significantly stronger when not on a bulking cycle? :lupe:
You got more than 335 potential with that many singles

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You got more than 335 potential with that many singles

True, but I wanted to get a general idea of my max so I could start a 5/3/1 type of structure for my bi-weekly training. (Not the actual 5/3/1 program, just something with that general philosophy)

So for week 1, I will set 335 as my base. After warmup, I will do:

5 reps at 75% (250)
3 reps at 85% (285)
1 rep at 95% (315)

2 weeks later when I do my next session, I am going to add 10 lbs to my max for calculations So my routine will then be:

5 reps at 260
3 reps at 295
1 rep at 330

I will be interested to see how long I can keep this up for, a beginner may find his progression is fairly linear but now at 2X my bodyweight I'm sure I will stall at some point early.

Son_brohan

Rookie
Daps
Pulled my ham. And right when i was getting back in shape after surgery.:shaq2:

Fail to learn from your mistakes, brehs

:sadbron:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Lost 5 lbs during my 4 day detox. Only consumed veggie/fruit juices (kale, spinach, carrots, banana, apple, blackberry, blueberry), lemon water, and one muffin.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Bo Dallas from the WWE almost got me a trip to snap city today.

I went for a 205 seated OHP which is a PR. It unracked well, came down smooth. Got to about my forehead and all of a sudden I swear it weighed 405. Total grinder, I hear that goofy b*stard in my head go "it's ok if you fail big guy, next time you just gotta BOLIEVE" completed it barely but I started laughing outloud and almost failed the lift with no spotter, that woulda been bad.

View My Video

:snoop: I watch too much wrestling.

semtex

:)
Daps
Bought two bags of brown rice today. Already well stocked on oats. Hope my body accepts my apology for not learning my lesson back in 2011 :whew: