Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Since the gym I frequent is very limited in equipment...I've been utilizing the Smith machine. Incline press, behind the neck press and rows....:lupe:

Left the gym and did some 100m sprints at the local high school. Been a LONG time since I've sprinted full speed. So liberating...fukk a treadmill.:whoo:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Pinpointed the source of my hip pain when squatting, now just need to work on correcting it

Obviously lack of hip and ankle flexibility is the main culprit, but the secondary culprit that I found today was that my stance was slightly too wide and my feet slightly pointing ourwards too much.

Once I moved both in, the pain was reduced significantly. The problem now is I need to reprogram my form. Also, it will take months to improve my hip/ankles significantly

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Pinpointed the source of my hip pain when squatting, now just need to work on correcting it

Obviously lack of hip and ankle flexibility is the main culprit, but the secondary culprit that I found today was that my stance was slightly too wide and my feet slightly pointing ourwards too much.

Once I moved both in, the pain was reduced significantly. The problem now is I need to reprogram my form. Also, it will take months to improve my hip/ankles significantly

have you tried band stretches for your ankles and hips?

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
No, but I just bought a band so I will have to add them

I have been doing this protocol recently for my hips:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-regain-and-maintain-hip-mobility/

Got a link for a good protocol for band stretching?

my trainer actually showed them to me. i will ask him tonight if there are links online for tutorials. they're not difficult to do, just difficult to describe without vid/pics.

i'll post it tmrw if he gives me sources.

i do know he's a big fan of kelly starrett and has mentioned that he gets a lot of his mobility and band work from him.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ

I used the hip flexor machine the females usually be on and horizontal leg swings to warm up my hips. Warming up with light ATG squats and around a little wider than shoulder stance helped.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Managing to successfully complete a workout session whilst being exhausted as hell is a combination of :noah: and :banderas:

I've been overdoing it with the cardio (2 hours a day) and it's been affecting my energy levels when lifting, especially since I'm eating at a caloric deficit. I need to scale back on the cardio on certain days throughout the week.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Worked out with a co worker at lifetime today.

Christ that gym was nice, I can't even front. I couldn't reason out spending 80 at at Lifetime vs 9 a month at LA Fitness (after insurance kickback) for a bunch of amenities I don't really need but damn is it a you get what you pay for type of situation.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Managing to successfully complete a workout session whilst being exhausted as hell is a combination of :noah: and :banderas:

I've been overdoing it with the cardio (2 hours a day) and it's been affecting my energy levels when lifting, especially since I'm eating at a caloric deficit. I need to scale back on the cardio on certain days throughout the week.
I got into that zone in a cut once.... u doing way too much

Let me guess... weight stopped coming off, so u upped the deficit and cardio?

U need to take a full diet break... take a month or even two off, little to no cardio, eating at maintenance, till you get your strength and more importantly metabolism back. Your body thinks you are dying and is holding on to all the weight it can

Trust me breh I've been there.... u gotta snap out of it.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I got into that zone in a cut once.... u doing way too much

Let me guess... weight stopped coming off, so u upped the deficit and cardio?

U need to take a full diet break... take a month or even two off, little to no cardio, eating at maintenance, till you get your strength and more importantly metabolism back. Your body thinks you are dying and is holding on to all the weight it can

Trust me breh I've been there.... u gotta snap out of it.

Nah, the weight's still coming off but I just wanted to speed up the process. I've been lowering my calories as the weight's been coming off and my body definitely feels the difference since my recovery time seems to be getting longer even though I'm fitter and stronger now than I was before I started cutting. I think from now on, I'm just going to only do 1 hour cardio on days that I'm lifting & have the 2 hour cardio as my 'rest days.'

I wouldn't have to go this hard if I was disciplined on the weekends. The amount of junk I can eat if I'm not careful is :whoo: