Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Made-for-Coli moment :whoo:
It gets better:

First he started with back squats in the rack super set with forearm curls while standing on a step bench.

From there he moved on to a laying on a flat bench in a side crunch position but holding a DB at 90 degrees then going down to 45 degrees for reps.

Then he moved to the bulgarians which took a solid 15 minutes to get the distance from the bench to the machine correct. He eventually started super setting that with sumo back squats. Toes/feet point entirely out and down with the weight for reps.

I kept flying through sets and reps so I wouldn't miss it.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It gets better:

First he started with back squats in the rack super set with forearm curls while standing on a step bench.

From there he moved on to a laying on a flat bench in a side crunch position but holding a DB at 90 degrees then going down to 45 degrees for reps.

Then he moved to the bulgarians which took a solid 15 minutes to get the distance from the bench to the machine correct. He eventually started super setting that with sumo back squats. Toes/feet point entirely out and down with the weight for reps.

I kept flying through sets and reps so I wouldn't miss it.

No stability ball squats as a finisher?:troll:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Spent 30 minutes lifting today then 45 minutes stretching and foam rolling :pachaha:

shyts been like that for a couple weeks now, I'm spending damn near the same amount of time doing recuperation as I am doing lifts (a lot of that has to do with lifting heavier weights now than in the past)

I see them around the gym giving me them weird looks when I'm on the foam roller for 10 minutes :birdman:

Mind your business I'm trying to be an athlete again :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yo :whoo:

Just went for a mile run in my Vibrams for the fukk of it even though I'm not much of a runner

That shyt was :blessed:

Lemme explain....

First off, it was mentally powerful. Going out for a run and being able to feel the road beneath me--the heat, the bumps, the cracks--it was honestly a liberating experience and running is normally a chore. I enjoyed the shyt out of this. In no way did it feel like mechanically boring cardio. Each step felt positive to my mental being :ahh:

Secondly, my calves were fukking JACKED when I was done. I never have had a calf pump like that in my life. The running technique with barefoot shoes requires you to land on the ball of your foot and roll back to your heel, so basically each step was like a mini calf raise (the eccentric portion) unlike regular running shoes in which the knee absorbs the impact. So I basically was out there doing hundreds, or thousands, of calf raises :krs:

Words of caution though:

They say you need to take it sllloooowww when beginning barefoot style running. They say it can take months before your feet and legs adapt to the change. If you rush it you are begging for an injury. I believe it. I was feeling pretty well spent after only a mile. I don't think I would ever run more than 2-3 miles in them at a time even once I was adjusted. Also, technique is super important. You must land on the ball of your foot and you must glide with your steps, no bouncing up and down and no heel striking. Lastly, I have the thinnest Vibrams on the market and you could tell they weren't designed for trail running. I stepped in a briar patch and my feet got stabbed like a motherfukker with them pointy branches :damn:. Had to stop my run and pick them all out.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Reading a bit about peptides :beli:

The game is rigged against us brehs

Anabolic steroids, TRT, HGH, peptides, pro-hormones......this shyt is just too much. I don't trust no one anymore other than myself. Stop looking up to magazine models and roided up football players and fake-natty Ghanians and just try and be a better you

I'm feeling clear as shyt right now. Gimme a mic and a stage and I'm gonna give a pep talk to the world:skip:

semtex

:)
Daps
The stars have to be aligned perfectly for me to have a good deadlift day when working with 85 percent or more of my max.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
The stars have to be aligned perfectly for me to have a good deadlift day when working with 85 percent or more of my max.

I upped my protein to 180g the past couple of days. Did some heavy deadlifts Friday for back day. Went to the gym today and my homeboy snuck some chalk in and was doing some deadlifts.

I'm casually bench pressing when this lex Steele lookalike with his chick comes in and asks can he join in with my friend. I knew fukkery was to come. :pachaha: they go back and forth up to 315 then lex Steele pulls out 2 shoulder sleeves, gloves and belt. shyt got real I was thinking. Dude does 405 once with a loud grunt. My homeboy does 405 for like 4 reps. Then lex grabs his Becky and moved on to smith squats.:mjlol:

Got the itch myself to see what I could do with chalk and got a new belt less PR. :blessed:Been recently finishing off with hyperextenstions...feels good. Feel the soreness traps down to my hams.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The heavier weight is moving easier on these flat bench pyramid sets but by the 5th and 6th set I can push through 10 and 12 reps.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
That new BPI Whey-HD "Banana Marshmallow Pie" legit tastes like a banana Moon Pie :ohlawd:

I'm going to mix it with chocolate milk, graham crackers and a banana tomorrow..........:whew:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
anyone ever had tricep tendonitis before? (tendon that connects to back of elbow to tricep). if so, how did u get rid of it? i got it from skull crushers a month back or so. :beli:

-DMP-

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Only lifting twice this week due to work. Had a decent upper day yesterday and decent lower today. Going to commit to truly dropping some weight starting next Sunday, this will be a good week to rest and cleaning up my nutrition. If I can drop 25 by January it would be great., I think.