Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Word because I got the quad and gluteal game on lock :sas2:
Yep. Harry Aikines got "skinny legs"
1375231475-harry-aikines-aryeetey-at-sainsburys-british-alhletics-championships-_2307914.jpg

6a00d8341c6d4753ef0120a5c2126b970c-400wi

:sas1:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@HHR I think you may possibly have wasted your time with that 2 weeks of 30g carbs before starting your carb backloading

I have been thinking about my eating patterns recently and modified them a bit to use some backloading principles (will explain later)

But as far as your extended depletion goes, I just don't see how it makes sense scientifically beyond the first couple of workouts. Spending all that time depleting your muscle glycogen in order to build up for that first big carb binge makes sense, but after the first binge or maybe your second, your glycogen will be completely replenished and you would have to start the cycle again to see the benefits of the extended carb-fasting phase. Maybe I'm missing something?...? Logically what I'm saying makes sense, but I don't know if I'm missing anything physiologically

I mentioned earlier that I"m using some carb backloading principles. Right now I'm at 3400 calories on training days. I train in the morning around 10:30 usually, wake up around 8:00. My goal is to have 2000 calories in me within 1 hour following my workout. So I'm eating a breakfast of around 500-600 calories, then eating another 1400-1500 calories in the hour following my workout. A significant portion of these calories are carbs, and I am unconcerned with the source (its been a ton of breakfast cereal in there). The rest of the day, I eat a standard balanced diet to fill out my remaining 1400 calories. I know this isn't the same thing as carb backloading, but it follows the idea that in the post workout period, the body is craving energy for repair and thus feeding it excessive carbs from high glycemic sources isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I am seeing quicker than normal gains since starting this 2 weeks ago, but I can't say for sure if they are 'real' results (by my definition, actual muscle tissue synthesis) or just my muscles getting loaded with water and glycogen. Either way, I'm feeling :myman:

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I probably should have done this a long time ago but I'm going to switch off IF on lift days and have a shake post workout to see who that goes. Hunger isn't an issue anymore so I'm not to worried about revving my appetite up and going crazy with consumption.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
nahh...stare at Asian folks calves.

:dead:

never really noticed it til i got to college and started playing pick up games w those dudes (there was a large contingency at my alma mater). they all had enormous calves. that sh!t used to freak me out.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yall can kiss my ass being jealous of Asian genetics :stopitslime:

Try being a 30 year old white ectomorph beginning his first real weight training program of his life.:stopitslime:

Worried about your calves:dead:. Poor calf genetics correlates to positive athletic traits, be happy you arent a slug

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yall can kiss my ass being jealous of Asian genetics :stopitslime:

Try being a 30 year old white ectomorph beginning his first real weight training program of his life.:stopitslime:

Worried about your calves:dead:. Poor calf genetics correlates to positive athletic traits, be happy you arent a slug
:ohhh: