Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
My shoulders are no joke. People think I'm like 30lbs heavier than I am because of them. :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Some baseball team has been using my gym frequently and every time they come in it just amazes me how :flabbynsick: some of them are. Its like they have no concern for peak physical performance. But I guess plenty of MLB guys are like that too. But damn some speed and agility improvements could certainly help these guys. They arent all first basemen.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Some baseball team has been using my gym frequently and every time they come in it just amazes me how :flabbynsick: some of them are. Its like they have no concern for peak physical performance. But I guess plenty of MLB guys are like that too. But damn some speed and agility improvements could certainly help these guys. They arent all first basemen.
dm_140703_COM_MLB_Feature_ESPN_The_Magazine_2014_B1010.jpg

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Had leg/lower body day today. I feel like I'm strong in the lower body, my legs just ain't corresponding with my upper body size-wise. Now i aint "everyday is upper body day" status, but I definitely wanna avoid that lol. I run, hoop, hop on the stationary bike, and do the stair climber regularly, but I'm cursed with "black people legs" skinny, with not a whole lot of definition. I'm also thinking about switching to more HIIT for lower body to help increase size

semtex

:)
Daps
Had leg/lower body day today. I feel like I'm strong in the lower body, my legs just ain't corresponding with my upper body size-wise. Now i aint "everyday is upper body day" status, but I definitely wanna avoid that lol. I run, hoop, hop on the stationary bike, and do the stair climber regularly, but I'm cursed with "black people legs" skinny, with not a whole lot of definition. I'm also thinking about switching to more HIIT for lower body to help increase size
do single leg work to really overload those muscles

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Cursed the black people legs...:dwillhuh:

Since when were we known for chicken legs and flat asses:wtf:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I dont know what Im at, Im still working up 5 lbs per week, currently at 180. I have done 205 before but only for 3 reps.

I probably would fail a single 225 rep right now even though my legs are plenty strong. Its an issue of technique and core strength. I need to go slow.

I only started barbel squattin a couple months ago and I only weigh 160, there is a learning curve I need to have and Im sticking strictly to 5x5 protocols. But im only squatting 1 time per week so its gonna take a minimum 10 weeks to get there.
Give it 6 months and you should fly. Honestly, a strong woman can look to squat 220lb within a couple years of training for at least 1 rep.

I'm 155lb and 290lb is my working rep range (3 reps of 8).

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Cursed the black people legs...:dwillhuh:

Since when were we known for chicken legs and flat asses:wtf:
Black men tend to have skinny calves. I do at least.

I've got skinny calves big thighs and an ass smh with a narrow waist, My clothes fit goofy. Fits regular on the calves, tight on thighs and loose around the waist. It's annoying AF.