Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:lupe: I would have thought you were beyond that. Not saying there is anything wrong with it.
I dont know what Im at, Im still working up 5 lbs per week, currently at 180. I have done 205 before but only for 3 reps.

I probably would fail a single 225 rep right now even though my legs are plenty strong. Its an issue of technique and core strength. I need to go slow.

I only started barbel squattin a couple months ago and I only weigh 160, there is a learning curve I need to have and Im sticking strictly to 5x5 protocols. But im only squatting 1 time per week so its gonna take a minimum 10 weeks to get there.

semtex

:)
Daps
Unless you are shoulder pressing at or very near your own bodyweight, 90 degree pike press>>>

By far. And no issues with back hyper extension or weight falling on top of you.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Unless you are shoulder pressing at or very near your own bodyweight, 90 degree pike press>>>

By far. And no issues with back hyper extension or weight falling on top of you.
:dwillhuh:
Are there many people that can do this?

Wait...are you talking sitting or standing?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

I would love to see you post some videos of your work outs.

semtex

Daps
:dwillhuh:
Are there many people that can do this?

Wait...are you talking sitting or standing?
No. Either way most people cant fukk with that much weight. I know one dude that does 225 for reps on the seated bb press but he's 255lbs and squats 905, so....

With pike press you place most of your bodyweight on your shoulders without risk. It's like a semi-handstand pushup.
90-degree-pike-pushup.jpg

The trick is to lean forward taking the weight off your feet. Imagine your feet aren't there. Good example of bodyweight stuff requiring more of a mind muscle connection than weightlifting.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
zEDW63i.jpg

:lupe:

I'm making slight slight progress.

I just want massive calves :sadbron:

Switch up to.training legs 3 times a week.

I do calf raises on the steps and then seated calf raises after each set.

Squats are a must but the weight is light due to me fixing my squats.

I know the pic is :flabbynsick: but this is improvement for me.

Everyone has that one stubborn part on their body mine are my calves.

semtex

Daps
zEDW63i.jpg

:lupe:

I'm making slight slight progress.

I just want massive calves :sadbron:

Switch up to.training legs 3 times a week.

I do calf raises on the steps and then seated calf raises after each set.

Squats are a must but the weight is light due to me fixing my squats.

I know the pic is :flabbynsick: but this is improvement for me.

Everyone has that one stubborn part on their body mine are my calves.
Big calves are hard to get for black folks :whew: we got that sprinter build

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
The worst part is that I'm the fukking manager of a gym

But I've got a fukked up back, and knees so unless I'm curling 24/7 there ain't shyt I can do right now that wont irritate something.
Doctors refuse to believe a young healthy person could be actually injured up here in free healthcare land.
I went to the doctor to check out my knees and theytook a quick look and were like "Ya you prob need insoles, you'll be aiight"

Like are you going to back that up with medical testing or are you just assuming?? because like I'm a cyclist. my knees see about 60-100 Rotations per minute like that's a bit more than the average walking wear and tear brah and my mom had whack assed joints too just lemme get an mri to see whether it's just muscular or I actually screwed something up, damn.

Plus working in a gym, and working out there is SO fukkING ANNOYING. Got like 50 people coming up like "Excuse me, there is a paper holder out of paper" "there's someone at the door" "Omg can I cancel my membership with you??" "Hey I'm on a trial but I want to sign up" *phone rings* *pt needs something* etc etc etc etc

I'm going to get a membership elsewhere once my work stuff gets sorted and they decide what location I'll be working at, since it's all up in the air right now.