Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Deadlifts are the only exercise where I build up to a higher weight. Getting that posterior chain and back warmed up is everything. Anything else I just stretch and practice the form with an empty bar to warm up..

That's the thing. Since my shoulder surgery I have a whole routine in place as how to warm up and loosen up for all my lifts. I use a combination of dynamic band stretches and rep/weight schemes before getting to my working weight. If anything I'm more careful now than ever w all my lifts. That's what makes this so much more frustrating.

semtex

:)
Daps
That's the thing. Since my shoulder surgery I have a whole routine in place as how to warm up and loosen up for all my lifts. I use a combination of dynamic band stretches and rep/weight schemes before getting to my working weight. If anything I'm more careful now than ever w all my lifts. That's what makes this so much more frustrating.
would you pause between reps on deads? When I've had back/hip issues it's happened when I bounce instead of truly "dead" lifting it.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
would you pause between reps on deads? When I've had back/hip issues it's happened when I bounce instead of truly "dead" lifting it.

Yeah since I've started w this trainer every rep is way more controlled and sorta a series of steps to help remind me of the proper positioning for each body part as I engage and keeping my core tight and (like you mentioned before pushing thru the ground more than pulling the bar up). Ass tension of the full lock out then very controlled decent. If anything I know much better now than I ever did what I should and shouldn't be doing that's why this is such a mind fukk. I'm more disappointed in myself for letting this happen than anything else.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I'm supposed to be off squats and deadlifts for 6 weeks. The muscle group to my coccyx are sore when I squat. I'm feeling good with 70% and high reps though :ld:

Been drinking too much this summer :flabbynsick:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
hmmm....I honestly have never thought of bouncing being an issue...or even thought about if im bouncing.
Yall got me paranoid now :dwillhuh:

I wish I had a garage so I could have a setup at home.
I see those cats on youtube drop their weight after each rep...that probably keeps you real honest.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

Pausing and resetting is huge imo.

When I do heavy squats/deads, I'm very strict about my form. As soon as I feel my form going to shyt, that set is done. Not worth the risk.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Eating out or at family cookouts is great.....but trying to guesstimate macros fukking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:to:

The doctor says I need a backiotomy brehs

I don't know what happened I was deadlifting this morning. Nothing crazy because I'm working out from home gym while I took a few days off to be w the new baby. And I don't trust myself going for 1rm without my trainer w me. I was just doing sets of 5s at 315. My 3rd set 5th rep I felt a pop then shooting pain from my lower back down my leg. I barely was able to walk out the gym. My wife picked me up and I went straight to the first ortho who could take me in. He checked me out and said its likely I slipped a disc. He sent me in for a stat MRI this afternoon and said he will get in touch tomorrow morning w the results. Fortunately he doesn't think the disc slipped all the way out to the point of needing surgery but that's what the MRI is for I guess. I already know I'm out of commission for a little while though. This fukking sucks. I thought I had turned into a form nazi but apparently that's not even strict enough. fukk my life brehs.
:damn:

Sorry, fam

I had to throw them in the bushes as well if a hex bar isn't involved:
qnyRurs.gif

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Damn:merchant:

I like deadlifting and the benefits are obvious, but this type of thing always keeps me weary from making them a part of my routine. No matter how good your form is, the human body just flat out is not designed to lift weights that heavy. It was obviously a freak accident and shouldn't deter people from doing deadlifts, but what about this logic:

I'm not a powerlifter, so if I can't reach my fitness goals without having to possess a 400 lb+ deadlift, then perhaps I need to rethink my goals

:yeshrug:
Thats just my point of view. Other people really like to push crazy heavy weight, thats their choice as adults. There is a reason that I have vowed never to add a single pound to the barbell once I can squat 225 for 5X5 though. There is nothing in my life that I want to accomplish that a 225 squat for 25 reps in 15 minutes won't get me to. I'm not gonna compress/stress my lower back any more than is necessary.
:lupe: I would have thought you were beyond that. Not saying there is anything wrong with it.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

Sorry, fam

I had to throw them in the bushes as well if a hex bar isn't involved:
qnyRurs.gif

at my age i should probably just throw in the towel, but i lub me the fukk outta some deadlifts and i can't see stopping unless this physically forces me to.

i spoke to the doc about 20 mins ago. the verdict is an annular tear at L4/L5. the treatment is basically rest and rehab. probably go back to the same phys ther who did my shoulder rehab and take it from there. like i said if it means dropping back down to 225 for another month or 2 til im comfortable again i have no problems w being humbled again.

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
:to:

The doctor says I need a backiotomy brehs

I don't know what happened I was deadlifting this morning. Nothing crazy because I'm working out from home gym while I took a few days off to be w the new baby. And I don't trust myself going for 1rm without my trainer w me. I was just doing sets of 5s at 315. My 3rd set 5th rep I felt a pop then shooting pain from my lower back down my leg. I barely was able to walk out the gym. My wife picked me up and I went straight to the first ortho who could take me in. He checked me out and said its likely I slipped a disc. He sent me in for a stat MRI this afternoon and said he will get in touch tomorrow morning w the results. Fortunately he doesn't think the disc slipped all the way out to the point of needing surgery but that's what the MRI is for I guess. I already know I'm out of commission for a little while though. This fukking sucks. I thought I had turned into a form nazi but apparently that's not even strict enough. fukk my life brehs.
shyt man disk herniations aren't something to fukk around with. I got hit by a car and fukked up my L5S1, completely herniated and I can barely do shyt now.
Like I can bench SOMETIMES but even that wears me out through the next few days. It's not something to mess around with so if the doctor says take it easy, listen to him.

Better to take a rest now than to never be able to do anything fun again.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Just a week off and I can get through the full step workout without stopping. Maybe it was just an easy day, but Tuesday I kept getting dizzy beyond belief. I think the heat has to be affecting my workout, plus I sweat a ton as it is.

semtex

:)
Daps
shyt man disk herniations aren't something to fukk around with. I got hit by a car and fukked up my L5S1, completely herniated and I can barely do shyt now.
Like I can bench SOMETIMES but even that wears me out through the next few days. It's not something to mess around with so if the doctor says take it easy, listen to him.

Better to take a rest now than to never be able to do anything fun again.
Where the hell have you been? :bryan:

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
Where the hell have you been? :bryan:
shyt Idk lounging in a sea of self pity.

Nah lol just busy on that life shyt, Ya know, Moved and went through a breakup at the same time, got a lot more work responsibility, less time and desire to dikk around online.
Plus I mostly just came to the coli for the gym, and the arcadium, and I've worked out like twice in the past like 6 months. :flabbynsick: