Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Not necessarily pointing at this specific study, but as a general point I am noticing that the vast majority of studies on food consumption and weight loss are worthless because they are not calorie and environmentally controlled, and the vast majority of results are correlational rather than causational.

I read the article on Forbes about this same study you linked, and interestingly enough right in the middle of the article they then say that while skipping breakfast may not have an effect on weight loss, it may have a negative effect on other aspects of health. So I followed that link to that reference. In the new article, it talks about a 27% risk increase for heart disease, higher cholesterol, etc. But then I look at that study and of course the results are bullshyt because among those who skipped breakfast, a higher percentage of them were single male smokers with low physical activity levels.

I realize that performing these "studies" is waaaaayyy cheaper if you just take randomized surveys and blood tests, but the results suck and we should start expecting more a rigorous scientific method.

From now on I'm following every single article on health all the way down to the references and the original journal publishings. I'm looking at the scientific method used. Without proper controls, the article immediately goes in the bushes.

I'm to the point where I think that nothing really matters all that much as long as your weekly calorie consumption matches your average daily metabolic rate. Our bodies are too damn resilient to be greatly affected by small matters like meal timing, carb sources, macro ratios (protein excluded), etc.
I think it depends on how you define "affected". There may be more optimal ways to mange those factors but at a base level they won't put you at some crazy disadvantage.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Did cardio twice today :blessed:

HIIT for lunch, LISS for dinner :blessed:

Gonna start doing double cardio occasionally, definitely helped me break fat loss plateaus in the past

Also, I think I am going to start consistently dedicating time to streching after every workout because I feel like I am losing mobility in my shoulders and upper back as I put on muscle. I found a good youtube channel to direct me through my stretches and make sure I'm not just rushing it out of boredom

semtex

:)
Daps
U can't just treat bulgarian lunges like any other calisthenic. Tried to do sets of 25 with 25 seconds in between like I do pushups. Lord hammercy :merchant:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like these little 30 day challenge thingies. Especially if you have someone(s) doing it with you. I'm catching up on this arm challenge today which consists of push-ups, tricep dips, bicep curls and punches. I found one for back and glutes and I may try those two next month.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Been out the gym for nearly a monph. First day back tmrw. Feeling like Money Making Mitch and shyt

A nikka like me, man, I love the gym. I love the struggle, man. I be feeling like one of them body building nikkas, you know? A Ferrigno, a Schwarzenegger, or something. Yeah, you know a nikka got a lil strenph, a nikka can leave the game. But if I leave, the weights still gonna love me man? :to: I get love in there in the gym! I done pressed barbells on these benches, man. Curls, squats, chin ups. As long as bytches is feeling it a nikka like me can muscle it! That's my gift in life, brehs.

Last edited:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Been out the gym for nearly a monph. First day back tmrw. Feeling like Money Making Mitch and shyt

A nikka like me, man, I love the gym. I love the struggle, man. I be feeling like one of them body building nikkas, you know? A Ferrigno, a Schwarzenegger, or something. Yeah, you know a nikka got a lil strenph, a nikka can leave the game. But if I leave, the weights still gonna love me, man? :to: I get love in there in the gym, I done pressed on these benches, man. Curls, squats, chin ups. As long as bytches is feeling it a nikka like me can muscle it. That's my gift in life, brehs.
:russ: