Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
Being conservative with deadlifts is not easy on my ego but the ego is not my friend. So I only did 2x5 with 445 today. Not gonna force the issue with deads.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Tried the heaviest I've ever on deadlifts today. At the poundage I do, I'll stick to doing it every 3 weeks or so. :deadrose:

fukked up two fingers when I re-racked on squats...blood everywhere. :scusthov:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My body wasn't into it from the minute I woke up late.

At least the super sets and battle ropes got my heart rate up and didn't make it feel like a waste if a training day.

Last edited:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
this carb backloading diet has been working proper for me :leon:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Not necessarily pointing at this specific study, but as a general point I am noticing that the vast majority of studies on food consumption and weight loss are worthless because they are not calorie and environmentally controlled, and the vast majority of results are correlational rather than causational.

I read the article on Forbes about this same study you linked, and interestingly enough right in the middle of the article they then say that while skipping breakfast may not have an effect on weight loss, it may have a negative effect on other aspects of health. So I followed that link to that reference. In the new article, it talks about a 27% risk increase for heart disease, higher cholesterol, etc. But then I look at that study and of course the results are bullshyt because among those who skipped breakfast, a higher percentage of them were single male smokers with low physical activity levels.

I realize that performing these "studies" is waaaaayyy cheaper if you just take randomized surveys and blood tests, but the results suck and we should start expecting more a rigorous scientific method.

From now on I'm following every single article on health all the way down to the references and the original journal publishings. I'm looking at the scientific method used. Without proper controls, the article immediately goes in the bushes.

I'm to the point where I think that nothing really matters all that much as long as your weekly calorie consumption matches your average daily metabolic rate. Our bodies are too damn resilient to be greatly affected by small matters like meal timing, carb sources, macro ratios (protein excluded), etc.