Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Wake back up tomorrow and we gon do this shyt again"

Had to cut my run short this morning because I had to go to the bathroom lol I was so mad.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Odd trend developing:

On workout days my appetite is decreasing. This morning I ran, (1 mile jog warm-up, 7 hill "sprints" of different lengths and inclines) and I just ate lunch more out of function than anything. Same thing is happening on days I lift. I don't eat breakfast at all.

Non-workout days I wan't to eat everything moving.

:lupe:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The Mountain on 'Game of Thrones' follows a healthy diet
Hafthor Julius Bjornsson reveals how he stays away from junk food to maintain his world-class strength.
Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 03:35 PM
127Facebook12Twitter0Pinterest0Google+
mount-mnn.jpg

Photo: HBO

Iceland's Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, officially the world's second-strongest man, is 6-feet-9-inches and 419 pounds of pure giant — but he'd like you to know he's also a sweet guy.

"I try to be courteous to people, and I believe what goes around, comes around," the 25-year-old, who recently played "The Mountain" on HBO's "Game of Thrones" told the NY Post. "But I have noticed, when I scream and go a little crazy during a competition, some people are hesitant. But when the competition is over and I cool down, as I like to talk to my fans, people see I am no monster, just a nice guy."

Not to give anything away about last week's stunning "Thrones" episode, but Bjornsson may have a bit harder time going forward convincing people it's all an act. His first acting performance was so intense that he'll likely receive plenty of gigs in this genre going forward. And hey, he also now knows how to wield a giant sword.

"I had intense training with the [show’s] sword master, C.C. Smiff, who is also a fantastic dancer, by the way. That was very difficult," he says. "We were working from early morning until evening for several weeks, but as you can see, like in the fight scene, all that hard work really paid off."

Bjornsson recently revealed that (depending on his level of training) he consumes between 8,000-10,000 calories per day. As we've seen from other actors who bulk up for role (or as in Bjornsson's case, strongman competitions), eating a lot and keeping it healthy are key.

"I eat a lot and often, mostly very healthy food," he told the Post. "My diet is rather high in carbohydrates, but I try staying away from junk-carbs and try eating more of sweet potatoes, brown rice and lots of healthier protein sources. If I get a craving for hamburgers or something like that, I will have it. The diet is not as much a hassle for strongmen as in some other sports, but I like to stay in good overall shape, and as far as acting goes, I believe that has to be a good thing."

As for Bjornsson relationship with "Thrones" rival dueling partner Pedro Pascal, as you can see below the pair have patched things up.

Read more: The Mountain on 'Game of Thrones' follows a healthy diet | MNN - Mother Nature Network

:noah:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
probably going to be my last month with my trainer. i'm wondering if i should do one of my beach body workouts (chalean extreme or turbo fire) or just build my old school gym schedule...decisions.

semtex

:)
Daps
The Mountain on 'Game of Thrones' follows a healthy diet
Hafthor Julius Bjornsson reveals how he stays away from junk food to maintain his world-class strength.
Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 03:35 PM
127Facebook12Twitter0Pinterest0Google+
mount-mnn.jpg

Photo: HBO

Iceland's Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, officially the world's second-strongest man, is 6-feet-9-inches and 419 pounds of pure giant — but he'd like you to know he's also a sweet guy.

"I try to be courteous to people, and I believe what goes around, comes around," the 25-year-old, who recently played "The Mountain" on HBO's "Game of Thrones" told the NY Post. "But I have noticed, when I scream and go a little crazy during a competition, some people are hesitant. But when the competition is over and I cool down, as I like to talk to my fans, people see I am no monster, just a nice guy."

Not to give anything away about last week's stunning "Thrones" episode, but Bjornsson may have a bit harder time going forward convincing people it's all an act. His first acting performance was so intense that he'll likely receive plenty of gigs in this genre going forward. And hey, he also now knows how to wield a giant sword.

"I had intense training with the [show’s] sword master, C.C. Smiff, who is also a fantastic dancer, by the way. That was very difficult," he says. "We were working from early morning until evening for several weeks, but as you can see, like in the fight scene, all that hard work really paid off."

Bjornsson recently revealed that (depending on his level of training) he consumes between 8,000-10,000 calories per day. As we've seen from other actors who bulk up for role (or as in Bjornsson's case, strongman competitions), eating a lot and keeping it healthy are key.

"I eat a lot and often, mostly very healthy food," he told the Post. "My diet is rather high in carbohydrates, but I try staying away from junk-carbs and try eating more of sweet potatoes, brown rice and lots of healthier protein sources. If I get a craving for hamburgers or something like that, I will have it. The diet is not as much a hassle for strongmen as in some other sports, but I like to stay in good overall shape, and as far as acting goes, I believe that has to be a good thing."

As for Bjornsson relationship with "Thrones" rival dueling partner Pedro Pascal, as you can see below the pair have patched things up.

Read more: The Mountain on 'Game of Thrones' follows a healthy diet | MNN - Mother Nature Network

:noah:
6'9" 419lbs :damn:

What that life expectancy lookin like tho? :mjpls:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
probably going to be my last month with my trainer. i'm wondering if i should do one of my beach body workouts (chalean extreme or turbo fire) or just build my old school gym schedule...decisions.

Did you get the results you wanted from the trainer?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Did you get the results you wanted from the trainer?
yes and no...yes from the perspective that i went this route since i hadn't had a consistent workout routine in dang near a year and half (like i'd literally hit the gym 2-4 times a month...or less :sadcam:) and needed motivation and accountability, so it was starting from baseline as far as lifting, cardio, etc. wish i would've lost more, but i plateaued all of May (fukk!), but I definitely gained muscle mass and definition. him & his crew just opened a new spot which should have classes, and boot camps so maybe i'll end up back with him when those other options are available, but i'm a little burnt out with his routine - everyday is high impact - and i'm so over 5:30am workouts.