Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I'm definitely making flexibility and mobility a point of emphasis when I design my next workout. #1 reason for doing all this has to be for my health or I'm just wasting my time, so I need to keep a health focus
after my shoulder surgery i started working out w a trainer to make sure ive got all my form in check (i think that's what did me in). he's sorta a form nazi almost to a point of annoyance, but looking at myself in video and the progress ive made in the last 3 months im extremely greatful for all that ive learned from him. hes a wealth of knowledge when it comes to mobility and addressing problem spots.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Damn brehs I think I'm about to retire from the bench press. The pain in my shoulder is becoming too much to bear any longer, even with pain killers. I stopped lifting heavy, and went for lower weight & high reps, but the pain is still on some ridiculous shyt. I've been fighting through the pain for over 2 years now, but I've just had enough.

I think I'mma switch to dumbbell presses & cables I guess.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How so? Just not feeling hungry or certain foods just aren't appealing anymore.
Both but certain foods aren't a big deal, I've shifted what I like to eat pretty far away from the old days.

For like the last week my appetite has been decreasing. If it wasn't for almonds, cashews, pecans etc I would be eating female level cals

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
these band stretches are doing wonders for my mobility :wow:

I'm definitely making flexibility and mobility a point of emphasis when I design my next workout. #1 reason for doing all this has to be for my health or I'm just wasting my time, so I need to keep a health focus

Mobility gang :blessed:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/bryce1...0&st=p&n=87e5724d-aee7-4a5d-9408-f8619c25ae93

:banderas:

Damn brehs I think I'm about to retire from the bench press. The pain in my shoulder is becoming too much to bear any longer, even with pain killers. I stopped lifting heavy, and went for lower weight & high reps, but the pain is still on some ridiculous shyt. I've been fighting through the pain for over 2 years now, but I've just had enough.

I think I'mma switch to dumbbell presses & cables I guess.

Get an MRI to rule out structural issues.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both but certain foods aren't a big deal, I've shifted what I like to eat pretty far away from the old days.

For like the last week my appetite has been decreasing. If it wasn't for almonds, cashews, pecans etc I would be eating female level cals

:noah: My appetite has been gone especially with the retainers. Just too lazy to take them out to eat. Then there is always a line of saliva when i take them shyts out. Its too much. Not to mention how many times I've lost them.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i need to aware myself of this. i dont want my shoulders getting any more shyttier than they already are

honestly when i started working w my trainer it was one of the first things he pushed on me. before all the weights, before any lifts, or dbs, or plates or any movements. his whole philosophy is like this- if you do anything, even w light weight, but your form is off, and your mobility is limited, at best it's a waste and at worst you're putting unnecessary stress on a joint or ligament or tendon that you're not supposed to be putting stress on. like i said, his method can be a bit nazi-ish but the end result is worth it imho. especially looking back on the year+ i wasted trying to fix my shoulder.

he's a big fan of kelly starrett. kelly is a big cross fit guy (ironic, because majority of amateur cross fitters tend to have awful form). kelly is a huge advocate for mobility, posture, form and all that. if you look around on youtube etc and search about some of his band stretches that he pushes i've found them to be extremely helpful.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Say brehs, the office gym has a heavy bag and I want to try it. Before I start throwing combos like Pacquiao, do I really need wraps and gloves? How bad would my hands be if I went barehanded :lupe: