Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I've basically stopped counting reps on this cut. I pretty much do whatever body part combination I like.. pick 2 compounds on the last weight I got a complete set-up and just do the best I can within reason.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Went skating last night, got home at 130 and really thought I was going to get up at 430 to run. Yeah ok. I needed the rest anyway.

Officially un officially 20lbs down. I'm in the 1-3lbs range depending on when I step on the scale.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
10348314_714339518607715_6806653738774946491_n.jpg
Breh..she's just bulking for a show in 2030 is all.

semtex

:)
Daps
Good lords brehs :noah: pike press with feet elevated really hammers the shoulders and traps. I prefer it over the bb overhead press because it's a big percentage of your body weight placed on your shoulders and failing the lift won't result in iron hitting you

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
if anyone is bored go to jimjonecapo ig page and watch him basically underhand DL 315 w a fully rounded back then bounce around and do a few quasi row movement reps, my man is too old to be destroying his spine like that :heh:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
My older cousin called me yesterday my saying she wants me to workout out with my lil cuz. He's 5'11" bout 140 and a rising freshman in HS. From what she told me they want him to play varsity next year :ohlawd:

The school he's going to has won a few state championships the past few years and has some top guys playing high major D1 right now.

I'm humbled to sculpt my young breh into a D1 and possible NBA player:to:

I'm thinking I'll start him on some basic exercises for upper/lower body, just to get a start before he starts working out with the school.

Basically:

Upper Body

Bench
Incline
Lat Pulls
Curls
Pullups
Dips
Flys

Lower Body
Squats
Lunges
Box Jumps
Leg Press
Leg Curls

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
My older cousin called me yesterday my saying she wants me to workout out with my lil cuz. He's 5'11" bout 140 and a rising freshman in HS. From what she told me they want him to play varsity next year :ohlawd:

The school he's going to has won a few state championships the past few years and has some top guys playing high major D1 right now.

I'm humbled to sculpt my young breh into a D1 and possible NBA player:to:

I'm thinking I'll start him on some basic exercises for upper/lower body, just to get a start before he starts working out with the school.

Basically:

Upper Body

Bench
Incline
Lat Pulls
Curls
Pullups
Dips
Flys

Lower Body
Squats
Lunges
Box Jumps
Leg Press
Leg Curls

Breh you do whatever you wanna do but I don't see why you would be putting a young basketball player through a bodybuilding style workout in order to improve his game. Stuff like lat pulls and flys and curls and just seems incredibly silly and possibly counter intuitive to what his goals should be.

You really need to research sports-specific strength and conditioning.

If you really think that this kid has a future in basketball (not even necessarily as a pro, but even as a way to get a scholarship to attend college for an education), then you need to put in more effort on your end to educate yourself.

Without even doing any research myself, I can already tell that you have too many pushing exercises planned without any balance and you are going to create unnecessary stress on his rotator cuff. Certainly not as counter intuitive as if you were training him for baseball, but counter intuitive nonetheless.

Lower body workout looks good though (except for the leg press which puts unnatural pressure on the lower back. Switch to 1-leg-at-a-time press and ditch the hamstring curls other than maybe as a light warmup)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
First youtube result I watched, this will help you get in the right mindstate to come up with a program:

I'm sure there is tons of info out there with a simple google search and also tons of helpful youtube videos. Think like a coach/trainer, don't think like a weightlifter

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
if anyone is bored go to jimjonecapo ig page and watch him basically underhand DL 315 w a fully rounded back then bounce around and do a few quasi row movement reps, my man is too old to be destroying his spine like that :heh:
All that pressure :sadcam: he didn't use any posterior chain

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
First youtube result I watched, this will help you get in the right mindstate to come up with a program:

I'm sure there is tons of info out there with a simple google search and also tons of helpful youtube videos. Think like a coach/trainer, don't think like a weightlifter

Preciate both of the posts! You're right I need to get my mentality geared to what he needs. I was basically dropping effective exercises I knew. Personally, I workout/lift to stay in shape build my body. I hoop a lot too, but I want to bring him on slow and give him some effective bodyweight exercises as well

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:patrice:

i know my squat for is some shyt, but i swear 90% of the people that squat in thie gym i go to have REALLY fukked up form based on watching youtube squat form. knees going way pass their toes, knees buckling in going up on the balls of their feet.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:patrice:

i know my squat for is some shyt, but i swear 90% of the people that squat in thie gym i go to have REALLY fukked up form based on watching youtube squat form. knees going way pass their toes, knees buckling in going up on the balls of their feet.

This is the one I see the most.....makes me cringe every time