Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
People abusing spotters are hilarious to me.

This guy doing bench today came over and asked for a spot and I'm not a dikk so I said sure. He was doing 175 on flat bench, said he wanted to get 6. I was thinking :ehhh:, he looks like he's in decent shape, surprised he needs a spot.

Now, he unracks the weight, goes down til his elbows are 90-degrees (a good 4 inches from touching his chest)....and the bar doesn't move up at all :dead: I assisted on the first, but he continued to pump out all 6 "reps".....I was doing high pulls by the last one. And the bar never got close to his chest :mjlol:

Then I saw him write 6x175 on his notepad.

:lolbron:

Am I a dikk for clowning this dude?

When he wrote 6X175 you should have said "sir, you misspelled Zero"

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

This guy doing bench today came over and asked for a spot and I'm not a dikk so I said sure. He was doing 175 on flat bench, said he wanted to get 6. I was thinking :ehhh:, he looks like he's in decent shape, surprised he needs a spot.

Now, he unracks the weight, goes down til his elbows are 90-degrees (a good 4 inches from touching his chest)....and the bar doesn't move up at all :dead: I assisted on the first, but he continued to pump out all 6 "reps".....I was doing high pulls by the last one. And the bar never got close to his chest :mjlol:

:wow:

There is a dude that ask me for a spot on the bench every Monday. He waits until I wan up for legs and then asks. Wild uncomfortable

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3 days of running this week averaging about 45 minutes or so. I'm going to try to do a long run on Saturday and/or Sunday since I have no time constraints. Still :heh: on the hills but I ran most of the path today because I wanted to hurry up and come back home.

Diet is bad. Not really "bad" just haven't been eating which to me is better than eating bullshyt but not effective in losing weight. I can't wait unit it gets really hot outside.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

:heh: That dude better get comfortable with 175, cuz he ain't moving up anytime soon...

You shoulda kept counting "One...:youngsabo:", every time he thinks he finishes a rep.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
These hoes at my gym have got to be stopped!! :bryan:

There are these two trainers who are have that perfectly sculpted thick body. They wear those small yoga pants and those workout tank top bytches sport.

like this...but a little bit more ass

1236656_329070560572680_1087446009_n.jpg

One of the was doing a full out split while texting on her phone today...right in front of me :whew::sadbron::ohlawd:
Its at the point now where I dont even pretend to not look...I just look :noah:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Make sure you have a empty bladded when you squat. I almost had an accident warming up. :snoop:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
At the risk of sounding like a complete putz...

I recently started lifting again after about 4 years. Even when I did lift, I didn't know the science behind it and just did what the big homies did with about average results. Stopped doing that, became a slob and blew the fukk up until last year when I started going wild hard.
Now, I've posted here sparsely about my latest fitness endeavors. Been running, biking etc with no lifting. Lost mad weight (almost a buck), when I decided to start lifting. I've been at it for about a month and a half now, 4-5 times a week. I've seen the physical changes (them noob gains :ahh:), but I'm low key tight that the number on the scale stopped going down and in fact have gone up (despite eating at a deficit most days. I be counting everything :sadcam:)... I mean, I know it's to be expected, but it still doesn't sit well with me. Am I paranoid, brehs? :patrice:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I recently started lifting again after about 4 years. Even when I did lift, I didn't know the science behind it and just did what the big homies did with about average results. Stopped doing that, became a slob and blew the fukk up until last year when I started going wild hard.
Now, I've posted here sparsely about my latest fitness endeavors. Been running, biking etc with no lifting. Lost mad weight (almost a buck), when I decided to start lifting. I've been at it for about a month and a half now, 4-5 times a week. I've seen the physical changes (them noob gains :ahh:), but I'm low key tight that the number on the scale stopped going down and in fact have gone up (despite eating at a deficit most days. I be counting everything :sadcam:)... I mean, I know it's to be expected, but it still doesn't sit well with me. Am I paranoid, brehs? :patrice:
You say eating at a deficit most days........are you in at nominal deficit for the week?

If you are building a better body comp I wouldn't worry much about the scale.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
my friend goes to the gym to try to lose wieght but doesnt take it serious... shes just a thick girl that is well portioned out, i told her to just get a treadmill and run... wouldnt that work?

idk shyt about losing wieght.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
You say eating at a deficit most days........are you in at nominal deficit for the week?

If you are building a better body comp I wouldn't worry much about the scale.
No bullshyt, I try and usually succeed in staying at around 2000 a day (I count most what I eat, and what I can't count, I add up the cals of ingredients). The only day that I kinda relax is Saturday. That's usually when I hang out with peeps or chill with my lady. And even on those days, I'm pretty vigilant about what I consume. Still no soda or sweets or anything.

And yeah, that's what my homie who has his PT certs says. I can't help but admit it fukks with my psyche though when the number goes up and I'm borderline obsessive over this stuff, ya know?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
my friend goes to the gym to try to lose wieght but doesnt take it serious... shes just a thick girl that is well portioned out, i told her to just get a treadmill and run... wouldnt that work?

idk shyt about losing wieght.
She can run all she wants but if she is eating too much it won't matter.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

You say you count everything, tell me what your daily number is. Saying "most days" is troubling.

Your body's calorie expenditure will drop after long enough on a diet due to a slowing of your metabolism. What may have caused you to lose a pound per week in the past may have morphed into a smaller deficit now, maybe 200-300 calories per day. Just one or two days per week of overeating can wipe out that entire weekly deficit

You have 4 options:

1) Be more consistent. Eat at a calorie defecit always. On days where you may want to go out to eat with friends or go to a bar drinking, don't eat much before then so if you end up consuming a huge 1500 calorie meal, makure sure you didn't eat much the rest of the day

2) Drop your calories further. A 200-300 calorie drop may be enough to kickstart your fat loss

3) Increase your activity level. Sounds like you do a lot already, you may not be able to

4) Re-charge your metabolism by increasing your calories for a couple weeks. Lets say you are eating 2200 calories per day and no longer losing weight. Try bumping up to 2700 for 2 weeks then drop back down to 2200. Get your body the energy it craves, stop making it feel like it needs to hold onto whatever fat is left