Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
assistance work for glutes and hams, single leg glute bridges (elevated) with a 3 second pause at the top :banderas: I say gotdamn that shyt is a serious pump.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I see people in the gym selling themselves short on dumbell rows. Guys bigger than me out there rowing 60's and shyt, I'm like :why:

I weight 165 lbs and row with 100's for high reps (10-15), so 226 for an experienced lifter that weights 220 seems about right to me.

The problem at that weight should be grip more than anything. If he's doing it without straps that is super impressive.
:snoop: you got the game all fukked up. It's not always about using massive increments of weight....

Always using heavy weight = pouring jelly on yourself waiting to see a physical therapist / doctor; which may presumably lead to surgery.

And that's just the tipping of the iceberg. You don't what muscle they worked prior to that movement or the day before...

I'll jus back watch though as I age gracefully :sas1::sas2:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Seriously why the fukk do people get naked in the sauna.

shyt is fukking disgusting :scusthov:

This is why I love going to the gym in the early am no one is there and no one ever gets in the sauna with me.

Why can u wear a damm towel if u gonna get naked.

These old hoes just be sitting here naked t*ts dangling :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
My shoulders, traps, and upper back are pretty much exactly where I want them to be right now. They have progressed more quickly than the rest of my body due to years of working a job with lots of lifting and overeating.

I need to find a way to catch up my chest, because proportionally I'm building that linebacker physique and I would much rather build the beach model physique.
:ld:

I know some people would just say "keep adding overall mass and eventually it will catch up," but I don't have any desire to get big. 170 lbs at 10% BF is the biggest I want to be. I'm probably around 10 lbs of lean mass from that goal.

Shuteye

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Netherlands
Worked out every day of the week so far :whew:
Tommorow i promised a friend to join his crossfit class, i might be in trouble :damn:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
My shoulders, traps, and upper back are pretty much exactly where I want them to be right now. They have progressed more quickly than the rest of my body due to years of working a job with lots of lifting and overeating.

I need to find a way to catch up my chest, because proportionally I'm building that linebacker physique and I would much rather build the beach model physique.
:ld:

I know some people would just say "keep adding overall mass and eventually it will catch up," but I don't have any desire to get big. 170 lbs at 10% BF is the biggest I want to be. I'm probably around 10 lbs of lean mass from that goal.

That's pretty big considering you'll be cut up. How tall are you? For anyone under 6ft you'll be considered very buff by most people's standard.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
That's pretty big considering you'll be cut up. How tall are you? For anyone under 6ft you'll be considered very buff by most people's standard.
5'9"

I know that 170 is big enough for my chest to be at a nice level, my worry is more about symmetry and proportion. I have done very little direct shoulder work and zero direct trap work and they keep growing from my other compound lifts, I want them to stop until my chest grows first.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Squat Day fail

Only 1 squat rack at my gym but it rarely is an issue I generally can get on it fairly quickly

Walk in today and someone is doing a bunch of sets of curls in the rack :upsetfavre:

Wander around the gym waiting for him to finish, meanwhile some dude comes up when he wanders off and straight jacks the rack from him and starts doing barbell shrugs in the rack :russ:

At this point I just say fukk it and decide to do deadlifts instead and hope I have the energy left for a set or two of squats at the end :sadcam:

Meanwhile the shrug dude finally quits and an old man comes up immediately to slap a handles on the bar and do T-bar rows in the rack despite there being 3 other olympic bars sitting unused on the benches :upsetfavre:

Old man finishes and another old man immediately comes up to do the T-bar rows too :upsetfavre:

Finally looks like the rack is free and as I'm on my way up to it another dude jumps in and stands the bar on end, puts a 25 lb plate on one end, and starts doing some fukking push and catch from shoulder to shoulder in the middle of the rack :mindblown:

FINALLY after 45 minutes of this bullshyt the rack opens up, but by then I was exhausted from all the other leg work I had been passing the time with so I just went home :shaq2:

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
First day using animaltest from universal. Great product.I gave me High endurance, felt stronger.