Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I got a question. Say I come to the end of my cut and I'm ready to maintain and at this point I'm down to around 2k calories or w/e. Will 2k calories be what I have to eat for the rest of of my life till I'm ready to bulk again or do I up the calories a little for maintenance?

Yeah you need to up them. Probably 2500-2700, I would start at 2300 for a week and work your way up until you stop losing weight

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Deadlifts were easy for me to progress. 6 months of my close to 4 years training to get elite numbers. Squats, I just needed a reliable partner to get elite numbers and break my mental plateau. There was a time I was squatting 3-4 times a week. Squats helped sharpen my willpower which I needed for my other lifts. My bench is wack, should be better. :pacspit: Finally learning my body and implementing rear delt work which has helped improve my rotator cuff health. First time I can really say I'm happy with my body and my strength. :banderas:
What do you do for that?
I have the same issues w/ a lot of pushing movements...Bench & even dips

reminds me of a quote I heard on a jre podcast the other day: "It's not what you can do in the gym, it's what you can recover from"
never would think anyone on here would listen to JRE :ehh:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
What do you do for that?
I have the same issues w/ a lot of pushing movements...Bench & even dips

never would think anyone on here would listen to JRE :ehh:

Seated rear delt flys and some face pulls...:wow:

JRE is cool sometimes...the rambling on there and the immaturity gets annoying at times though.:ehh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Back in the gym and on routine:

Last two weeks have been so crazy with work I can't remember what I did and didn't do. Two weeks ago I did my normal "heavy" Sunday work and didn't lift a thing until two Saturdays ago and that was just trying to string together something in a hotel gym. I hadn't touched a weight since until today. I was doing a lot of moving boxes and equipment for work but nothing major.

All my lifts today were on point and I worked in a few increases here and there so :ehh:. Very motivating

I was working overhead press (you guys know by now I'm not terribly strong still), I can see dude in the background giving me the :usure:. as I'm about to do my initial press. I pushed that son bytch like my life depended on it, 6 clean as reps :heh:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
bout to follow layne nortons method to cutting but i dont know what training routine to do. any suggestions? been told phat is for bulking so i wouldnt do that. i know to keep the volume down and weight heavy but instead of making my own, i would like a time tested method to follow just for convenience. would be much appreciated.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
My theoretical max for dumbbell rows is 243lbs :cmonjay:

What you think about deficit deadlifts? IDK, I did it with 4 inch lift and proper form with 60% of my max. Felt it greatly in my hams and lats. :lupe:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Do you use the foam roller at all?

I'd try it on your IT bands. You may just have tightness that is alleviated by the squat motion.

:yeshrug:
I just gotta say that ever since I bought that foam roller, my knees have been :blessed:.....I really thought that my knees were just getting:flabbynsick: for a sec.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Went "running" with my neighbor this morning and she was ADVANCED "come on let's run up this hill". :merchant: I'll have to work my way up but having someone to go out with at 4am was cool.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Back in the gym and on routine:

Last two weeks have been so crazy with work I can't remember what I did and didn't do. Two weeks ago I did my normal "heavy" Sunday work and didn't lift a thing until two Saturdays ago and that was just trying to string together something in a hotel gym. I hadn't touched a weight since until today. I was doing a lot of moving boxes and equipment for work but nothing major.

All my lifts today were on point and I worked in a few increases here and there so :ehh:. Very motivating

I was working overhead press (you guys know by now I'm not terribly strong still), I can see dude in the background giving me the :usure:. as I'm about to do my initial press. I pushed that son bytch like my life depended on it, 6 clean as reps :heh:
Terrible leg day today