Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: I got this nikka subscribed on my youtube, been watching his vids for a min. I use to do this but never knew what the fukk they was for. Can't I substitute dumbell raises for this or use the shoulder raise machine. Wassup with lower back tho cause I need more development in tht

um overhand, straight deadlift knees locked

You should try the mixed grip on deadlifts breh, you'll instantly get like 50 pounds on it most likely

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
You should try the mixed grip on deadlifts breh, you'll instantly get like 50 pounds on it most likely
I heard this allows for more weight to be added, u really think I could put an additional 50 tho. What other type of deadlifts are there, what are sum that work my lower back and lower lats

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard this allows for more weight to be added, u really think I could put an additional 50 tho. What other type of deadlifts are there, what are sum that work my lower back and lower lats

Standard deadlifts will work your back easily breh, triceps also, glutes, legs, etc.

I don't know your stats, but I;m confident if you did the mixed grip you'd see a dramatic increase in weight. If you used chalk also? Even greater increase.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Standard deadlifts will work your back easily breh, triceps also, glutes, legs, etc.

I don't know your stats, but I;m confident if you did the mixed grip you'd see a dramatic increase in weight. If you used chalk also? Even greater increase.
:ohhh:, i dnt have access to chalk, so I should basically get rid of straight leg deadlift and do standard ones...post a vid of a standard deadlift please. Whats your take on power clean.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
IDK if I'd recommend the mixed grip dead-lift to a newb...:patrice: Good chance the said person has suspect form and is liable to tear/tweak a bicep.

I started off double overhand when all I could do was 185 and didn't mix it until my forearms grew up and I got to the 300+ threshold. :yeshrug:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: HHR

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:, i dnt have access to chalk, so I should basically get rid of straight leg deadlift and do standard ones...post a vid of a standard deadlift please. Whats your take on power clean.

:mjpls: breh just look look up deadlift. You're doing the stiff/straight leg ones. Those aren't bad, but the real deadlift, deadlift, is where you start in like a crouched position and you lift it up. There's a hip drive.

If you don't have access to chalk check out bodybuilding.com and get liquid grip. Works just as well.

I don't do power cleans personally. I don't mess with most oly lifts to be honest with you. Don't think they're necessary for my goals in all honesty

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK if I'd recommend the mixed grip dead-lift to a newb...:patrice: Good change the said person has suspect form and is liable to tear a bicep.

I started off double overhand when all I could do was 185 and didn't mix it until my forearms blew up and I got to the 300+ threshold. :yeshrug:

:patrice: here's the thing dun, I read up on that bicep tear thing and it's kind of a myth. Most of the guys who tore their biceps doing it were on roids and apparently the roids accelerated the growth of the muscles more than the tendons so their muscles were growing faster than the tendons resulting in tears.

I'm sure if someone lifted weight heavy they could tear something though, but then again that's why it's important to build your strength up first :yeshrug:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
:patrice: here's the thing dun, I read up on that bicep tear thing and it's kind of a myth. Most of the guys who tore their biceps doing it were on roids and apparently the roids accelerated the growth of the muscles more than the tendons so their muscles were growing faster than the tendons resulting in tears.

I'm sure if someone lifted weight heavy they could tear something though, but then again that's why it's important to build your strength up first :yeshrug:

:ehh: That is the case quite often. DOH does strengthen your grip though and helps your pullups and for Popeye forearms. :manny:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
IDK if I'd recommend the mixed grip dead-lift to a newb...:patrice: Good chance the said person has suspect form and is liable to tear/tweak a bicep.

I started off double overhand when all I could do was 185 and didn't mix it until my forearms grew up and I got to the 300+ threshold. :yeshrug:
:birdman: not a newb, My staright deadlift max is 235 3-5 times, so doing mixed grip wont be a problem
:mjpls: breh just look look up deadlift. You're doing the stiff/straight leg ones. Those aren't bad, but the real deadlift, deadlift, is where you start in like a crouched position and you lift it up. There's a hip drive.

If you don't have access to chalk check out bodybuilding.com and get liquid grip. Works just as well.

I don't do power cleans personally. I don't mess with most oly lifts to be honest with you. Don't think they're necessary for my goals in all honesty
:salute: I aight fam, once I finish this Math I'm headed to the gym

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Averaging 5-6 hrs. of sleep a night and going hard at the gym....I'm dead. Got woken up twice b/c of earthquakes last night. :flabbynsick:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, need to get back in the gym, I've been feeling real pudgy lately :flabbynsick:, but I need to find a new routine.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Looks like I'll be going for some arthroscopic surgery for my shoulder again.