Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
fukk that go to db...its not worth the long term damage your doing if you got monkey arms.
Ive been ignoring that pain for yrs and switched to db recently and havent had any issues
Same, I never really had too many issues with my shoulders with the bb, but i definitely feel better when i use dbs. Seeing more results aesthetically too :steviej:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
My gym has been bullshytting for 4 months on the new gym location...opens on Thursday with new equipment allegedy. $20 for 24hrs and sauna though plus spin classes. :childplease:

Dude got mad b/c I refused to spot him after his first set of shytty form bench press. Refuse to be accomplices for people hurting themselves. :camby:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
My shorts come with built-in performance briefs which are polyester/spandex and it's dope. It's a lot more comfortable than anything else as you've only got one material at your waist. The inner briefs cover 80% of the thigh and its flexibility mean they never ride up or feel like they're going to slip off.

Honestly, I wish all underwear was like that. So much freedom, yet so much support
http://www.soactive.com/24731-6919-...-silver.html?gclid=CMaqn4y1wb0CFYQfwwod774ADA

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
stupid sciatica..couldn't do my usual running on monday and tuesday...back does feel better so im gonna test it out with 1.25 mi speed interval run today and tomorrow and hopefully next week i can get back to my usual 3-4 mile runs...might have to visit my sports massage therapist saturday morning to work it out..she does wonders :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How many of yall are doing these power squats where you go darn near to the floor. Isnt this bad for your knee caps? I was doing some squats and i heard a guy next to me chastizing his friend about how far down he was going with his squats. They werent even going that heavy. I cant imagine wanting to go darn near down to the floor with 305 on your back. I thought you're just supposed to go into chair sitting position and go back up. What is it these friends have to want to crush their knees and make them humble, friends. :sitdown:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How many of yall are doing these power squats where you go darn near to the floor. Isnt this bad for your knee caps? I was doing some squats and i heard a guy next to me chastizing his friend about how far down he was going with his squats. They werent even going that heavy. I cant imagine wanting to go darn near down to the floor with 305 on your back. I thought you're just supposed to go into chair sitting position and go back up. What is it these friends have to want to crush their knees and make them humble, friends. :sitdown:

Squat are harsh on the knees when introducing new range and depths without dropping weight to account for the new stress on them, e.g. if you've been squatting parallel with 315 and decide you want to try ATG squats, its in your best interest to drop that weight when starting off working the new range.

Same thing with "knees over toes."

Same thing whenever introducing something new, actually. :heh:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Squat are harsh on the knees when introducing new range and depths without dropping weight to account for the new stress on them, e.g. if you've been squatting parallel with 315 and decide you want to try ATG squats, its in your best interest to drop that weight when starting off working the new range.

Same thing with "knees over toes."

Same thing whenever introducing something new, actually. :heh:
Im not going that low with anything over 2 plates. My legs still feel lke fire afterwards, so its working.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
4 weeks in and my squat form is [50]so much better[/cent]

i always poo poo'd the box but i was dead wrong, that thing has been integral in my improvement

the pwo band stretches, dead bugs and proper technique points have made such a world of difference for me

i was able to pull 405

even benched 135 x 10 :lolbron::mjlol:

i'm coming along tho:ehh:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Whats your max weight on power squats to the ground.

Now? I just high rep 185. Deep groin/pelvic floor muscle pull in January has kept me out the the gym since. Rough shyt. Thought I had a hernia :huhldup: :whew: Taking it slow now.

Ever? 405. Have a post from '12 in here somewhere celebrating. Those UD2 strength gains :banderas:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Squatting three plates plus but working up from 295 unappreciation

I'm going to start being extra and taking those 35's off :youngsabo: