Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
anyone here work out at LA Fitness? do they typically have squat racks? gonna be in boca raton this week and need somewhere to work out. no equinox in the area and the gym at my parents' place is great and everything is brand new, but no racks. thx in advance.

I got a week pass currently at the one that just opened in my area...they have 2 half racks and a full cage at this location. :yeshrug: Did some rack pulls in the cage since my regular gym doesn't have one...:wow:

I'm loving the way garlic salt taste on brown rice...usually just eat this shyt with no seasoning. :leon:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't know if Lifetime is anything like 24 Hr Fitness in this regard, but when the 24 opened up here they offered CRAZY membership deals.

Like $400 for a 2-year membership (all upfront), but then it's only like $5/month after that. A few of my friends got in on that.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I don't know if Lifetime is anything like 24 Hr Fitness in this regard, but when the 24 opened up here they offered CRAZY membership deals.

Like $400 for a 2-year membership (all upfront), but then it's only like $5/month after that. A few of my friends got in on that.

I wouldn't put it past them; the ones I've seen, they usually open up not far from pretty upscale areas, so they probably counting on accessing folks with a good amount of disposable income. I could see them offering some kind of deal like that. I would jump on it too, especially since I think they will be opening around the time I would already have my tax return or my employee bonus.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I wouldn't put it past them; the ones I've seen, they usually open up not far from pretty upscale areas, so they probably counting on accessing folks with a good amount of disposable income. I could see them offering some kind of deal like that. I would jump on it too, especially since I think they will be opening around the time I would already have my tax return or my employee bonus.

Yeah, I very much regret not getting in on that a 4-5 years ago.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
The franchise gyms are pretty cool...too fancy for my taste. The posters with the models all doing bicep curls and the brights colors. :skip: I like the ratchet ones with juicers all around and rusty old equipment.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Did my first spin class today.

Let's just say :whew:

shyt was insane brehs.
good shyt breh:jawalrus:

ive been doing these like 2-3 days a week for the last few months and i love that shyt. with the i9nsame amounts of sweat i let out from it i know that shyt has gotta be good

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
good shyt breh:jawalrus:

ive been doing these like 2-3 days a week for the last few months and i love that shyt. with the i9nsame amounts of sweat i let out from it i know that shyt has gotta be good

Yea its going to become a Saturday morning routine for me. shyt was mad challenging and I didn't hit all the RPM goals during the class but I didn't quit either. I didn't think much of cycling prior to that class, but I have an appreciation for it now, and I'm determined to conquer that shyt.

semtex

:)
Daps
Post the session.
bulgarian split squats 25 per leg
single leg glute bridges 25 per leg (pause at top of each rep for 3 seconds)
neck bridge 25 reps
leg raises 25 reps
pushups (sometimes pike press or dips) 25 reps

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I did 3 one mile runs on the treadmill. Then worked on tricep. I tried to push myself on the first mile going 8 MPH. I could only go for 0.6 miles before I had to slow it up. :snoop: I got to lose weight.
There was a new lady working out with a dude friend/boyfriend at the gym. I don't know, he was helping her out but they weren't all touchy feely. :manny: She had oddly huge boobs.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I've never been in an LA without squat racks u should be good.

Speaking of LA Fitness tho. Had to work out at one i'd never been to before work today

10ctdli.jpg

I actually went :dwillhuh: when I saw this on their basketball court, the fact that this had to be posted is a real bad look all around.

-P-
I can understand the no violence rule. People can get pushy on the court and with no refs around, deliberate personal fouls can be seen as wanting to start a fight. I get it.

The no guns... has anyone played ball where someone was strapped? That's like an extra 6+ pounds. I believe in concealed carry for personal protection but I don't carry to the gym. I don't trust gym lockers. They aren't secure enough where I feel safe to leave a $500+ gun locked in there. If you have a major beef with some where you need to or want to pull out a gun on the court, you have other problems.
Drugs and alcohol? Has LA Fitness dealt with druggies and drunks in a basketball court at any of their locations?

semtex

:)
Daps
I can understand the no violence rule. People can get pushy on the court and with no refs around, deliberate personal fouls can be seen as wanting to start a fight. I get it.

The no guns... has anyone played ball where someone was strapped? That's like an extra 6+ pounds. I believe in concealed carry for personal protection but I don't carry to the gym. I don't trust gym lockers. They aren't secure enough where I feel safe to leave a $500+ gun locked in there. If you have a major beef with some where you need to or want to pull out a gun on the court, you have other problems.
Drugs and alcohol? Has LA Fitness dealt with druggies and drunks in a basketball court at any of their locations?
Some people like to workout high. People do BJJ and Judo high all the time

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Some people like to workout high. People do BJJ and Judo high all the time
Hmm, but in basketball, how is that going to help your game? When you are impaired by drugs or alcohol, you can still run around, but your "fine motor control" skills are going to be affected which involves being able to dribble, catch, pass, and shoot.

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Hmm, but in basketball, how is that going to help your game? When you are impaired by drugs or alcohol, you can still run around, but your "fine motor control" skills are going to be affected which involves being able to dribble, catch, pass, and shoot.
Alcohol yea but you can easily get blazed and play ball