Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yeah, like some cats have said in here....leg extensions are a terrible, terrible exercise.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Did I miss something? I always end my leg day with those :lupe:

They're bad for your knee and have minimal benefit.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ormance_repair/the_truth_about_leg_extensions

Long read, but good.

Cliff Notes version
Closing Thoughts

Let's take a step back and examine our risk-to-benefit situation now:

Leg Extension Risks:

1. Increased patellofemoral joint reaction force, knee movement, and joint stress in the most commonly used range of motion.

2. Reduced hamstrings activity.

3. Reduced VMO activity and late onset of firing.

4. Non-existent hip adductor and abductor contribution.

5. Increased rectus femoris firing.

6. Constant ACL tension.

7. Higher patellar ligament, quadriceps tendon, and patellofemoral and tibiofemoral forces with the most commonly utilized loading parameters.

8. Increased lateral patellar deviation.

9. Insufficient involvement of surrounding joints to ensure optimal functioning.

10. Poor training economy (no carryover to closed-chain performance from open-chain exercises).

Leg Extension Benefits:

1. Will give you a good pump, but not even close to the benefits you'll get from squatting and single-leg movements.

2. Uh, wait, there's really only one benefit — and it's pretty weak.

Whether you're a patient or not, the take-home message is the same: if you want more bang for your training buck you should be squatting, not doing leg extensions. Factor in the additional loading that squatting allows, and it should come as no surprise that you'll see better gains in size, strength, and functional capacity.​

semtex

:)
Daps
Idk what the attraction is to leg extensions anyway. It's dirt poor compared to most leg exercises.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:snoop: time to find a new gym.

Dude is using TRX straps in a plank position and starts thrusting his hips up and spreading his legs for reps.:mjlol:

Then I'm doing ropes to finish using the interval timer. So I take my earbuds out to here the beeps. Buddy has his phone plugged into the system and Champions by Drake is playing, cool. He switches it off for Kendrick's Poetic Justice:comeon: