Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Do hack squats.....if you've got the machine. Or just front squats. They will target your quads more than your glutes/hamstrings.

Sight cool. But my booty better not get bigger or I'm coming to you

:patrice: wait a minute. Scratch that :merchant:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Seated heavy triceps extensions to failure + 4 interval rounds of battle rope=forearm veins explosion

semtex

:)
Daps
ever since starting that little 15 minute calisthenics session every morning my pants been fittin HELLA SNUG :bryan:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Was at the gym this morning and when I first got into the locker room, there was this old dude butt ass naked in there. It was just me and him in the locker room at the time and even though seeing old naked dudes is still annoying, you're bound to find them in any locker room, so I was like whatever. Then the motherfukk started groaning and shyt while he was putting is clothes back on :scusthov:. The groans got a lil louder with time and started making me think that he was :troll: me. Either that or he was just beat after a workout, but still dude, keep that to yourself. Nobody trying to hear that shyt:scusthov:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Gotta do Power Legs tonight instead of the usual morning session. This might be better since the gym crowd is likely dying down and that extra rest this morning was :ahh:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
anyone here work out at LA Fitness? do they typically have squat racks? gonna be in boca raton this week and need somewhere to work out. no equinox in the area and the gym at my parents' place is great and everything is brand new, but no racks. thx in advance.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Drank some BCAA's before my workout today for the first time because I got a good sale on some. Was skeptical of the claims of greater endurance during workout, but I gotta say I noticed a huge difference. Some of it may have been psychological, and some of it was surely the caffeine, but I was killin it from one exercise to the next and barely felt the need for rest periods.

I was doing weighted dips and my muscles were giving out but I never felt any lactic acid burn or any fatigue, I just went to failure and hopped off like it was no big deal. Didn't even need more than 2 minutes rest (generally I go for 3) and I was back up again feeling fresh

This may have just been an anomaly and other factors might have been at play, will be curious if I continue to see this benefit.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
anyone here work out at LA Fitness? do they typically have squat racks? gonna be in boca raton this week and need somewhere to work out. no equinox in the area and the gym at my parents' place is great and everything is brand new, but no racks. thx in advance.

I've never been in an LA without squat racks u should be good.

Speaking of LA Fitness tho. Had to work out at one i'd never been to before work today

10ctdli.jpg

I actually went :dwillhuh: when I saw this on their basketball court, the fact that this had to be posted is a real bad look all around.

-P-

semtex

:)
Daps
Drank some BCAA's before my workout today for the first time because I got a good sale on some. Was skeptical of the claims of greater endurance during workout, but I gotta say I noticed a huge difference. Some of it may have been psychological, and some of it was surely the caffeine, but I was killin it from one exercise to the next and barely felt the need for rest periods.

I was doing weighted dips and my muscles were giving out but I never felt any lactic acid burn or any fatigue, I just went to failure and hopped off like it was no big deal. Didn't even need more than 2 minutes rest (generally I go for 3) and I was back up again feeling fresh

This may have just been an anomaly and other factors might have been at play, will be curious if I continue to see this benefit.
Lol even if it was placebo, you still performed better so :manny:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
10ctdli.jpg

I actually went :dwillhuh: when I saw this on their basketball court, the fact that this had to be posted is a real bad look all around.

-P-
:ohhh:

My gym has a sign in the basketball court talking about displaying good sportsmanship and watching out for theft.

Guns and Alcohol tho? :bryan:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
:ohhh:

My gym has a sign in the basketball court talking about displaying good sportsmanship and watching out for theft.

Guns and Alcohol tho? :bryan:

:russ: right!

I can understand sportsmanship and lock up ur valuables signs but damn a disclaimer to not come to the gym high, drunk or strapped is sad. They can be assured I won't be a regular at this spot

-P-

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
how much monthly is lifetime fitness?

between 60-70 a month

It's around 60 at the other location here. But I know I can count on getting a good corporate discount through my job when they open up, plus factoring in my fitness reimbursement through work, which is up to 30 a month. So all in all I anticipate having a nice cheap membership there when they open up next year, for what I'm gonna be getting. :blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :blessed: