Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
This guy asked me why I do squats and the guy beside him started laughing and said "I was wondering the same thing" :heh:

Not everybody works out just for females
:dahell::snoop:Some people, man...
You white? Calves is like 70% genetic. There's great variation in "regular" people's calve sizes. A lot of black people have naturally skinny calves. We work our legs all the same. Quads/hams are a better indication whether someone works legs or not.
:dwillhuh: First time hearing this. Never really thought about it tho...

I always had good calves, and glad I was blessed with genes where I don't have to do a lot to get my calves right. I feel sorry for yall that gotta put in so much more work to get parts looking presentable. I feel the same way with bird-chested nikkas. There are times where I feel my chest looks too big. Though my wrists are a lil small so I guess that balances some things out :yeshrug:...:sadcam:

I do gotta step my quad game up. My muscles are there, but I'm one of those dudes where my legs is one of the last places to lose its body fat. I'll get there tho.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
i wish my knees weren't BBQ chicken i would like to try and do squats. for me it's just those leg presses, leg extensions, etc..
Didn't someone on here mention how those exercises can fukk with your knees as well? I could be wrong, and I still do those from time to time. Just thought I remembered someone posting about it.

You ever try lunges?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't someone on here mention how those exercises can fukk with your knees as well? I could be wrong, and I still do those from time to time. Just thought I remembered someone posting about it.

You ever try lunges?

never tried them, you like them?

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
i wish my knees weren't BBQ chicken i would like to try and do squats. for me it's just those leg presses, leg extensions, etc..

I'd be more afraid of that leg extension machine than I'd ever be of squats. Barring any pre existing injury as long your knees follow where your feet point and you're sitting back instead of down with your squats it's not bad on the knees

That leg extension machine is applying pressure damn near directly on your knees :whoa: When I got my knee fixed years back my physical therapist told me to toss those shyts in the bushes immediately. She had 3 different clients rip their ACL repairs using it. I won't even rest on that machine :pachaha:

Walking lunges are what I replaced those with.

-P-

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
5 x10, 225 on deads with the hex bar but in rapid movements, 20 second rest :dead:

Its time for me and my trainer to get on the same page. Dude is acting like I'm training for a pro day.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
5 x10, 225 on deads with the hex bar but in rapid movements, 20 second rest :dead:

Its time for me and my trainer to get on the same page. Dude is acting like I'm training for a pro day.
imho that's why you pay for someone like that, to push you to places you wouldn't normally take yourself. as long as you aren't way out of your comfort (and by comfort i mean safety, not feeling imminent injury etc) zone then i would be happy to get those kinda days in when you can. :yeshrug:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
You white? Calves is like 70% genetic. There's great variation in "regular" people's calve sizes. A lot of black people have naturally skinny calves. We work our legs all the same. Quads/hams are a better indication whether someone works legs or not.
nah, not white. i know what you mean about calves and genetics. my calves are not large by any means, but the dudes at this spot calves were extra small, and they dont do any lower body stuff.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
imho that's why you pay for someone like that, to push you to places you wouldn't normally take yourself. as long as you aren't way out of your comfort (and by comfort i mean safety, not feeling imminent injury etc) zone then i would be happy to get those kinda days in when you can. :yeshrug:
No doubt, its actually good to see I can handle the volume and pace. What we get done in 30 minutes usually takes me an 1.5 hours. He might be hurting his business because the looks we get from others is :damn::whoa:

That deadlift shyt was cruel. I never thought about doing speed reps on that

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
No doubt, its actually good to see I can handle the volume and pace. What we get done in 30 minutes usually takes me an 1.5 hours. He might be hurting his business because the looks we get from others is :damn::whoa:

That deadlift shyt was cruel. I never thought about doing speed reps on that
From my personal experience, that doesn't sound like a good idea.

semtex

:)
Daps
Hypertrophy phaaaaaaaaaase. I haven't really been eating much carbs lately. Got to before this phase of trainin though :takedat:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
This guy asked me why I do squats and the guy beside him started laughing and said "I was wondering the same thing" :heh:

Not everybody works out just for females

Women pay attention to that shyt...unproportioned lower body isn't woah. Gives you that umph in the stroke game as well. :skip:

We at the LA Fitness and the 3 juicers I noticed didn't have any legs...nikkas looking at awe when we were squatting 4 plates. shyt is sad really. What's the use of cheating and still have smaller legs than most...plus it's even more outrageous b/c of the roid shoulders and chest. :dwillhuh:

Johnny Bravo nikkas...:scusthov:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
@puppetmaster on point with that shyt...fukked up my knee for 2 weeks with leg extension. I've taken advice from his advice a while back.

Don't be afraid of legs brehs. Way more sensitive body parts than the knees and lower back that people have no problem training all the time. (shoulders, arms, chest):aicmon:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
never tried them, you like them?
Yeah, though I don't do them as much. I mostly squat, but I feel like those should be a good substitute. You can cycle those off and on along with other leg exercises. I personally wouldn't do leg extensions and presses often cuz like dude said they put a lot of pressure on your knees. Still aren't bad to do every once in a while if you don't got any knees injuries you're trying to come back from.

Women pay attention to that shyt...unproportioned lower body isn't woah. Gives you that umph in the stroke game as well. :skip:

We at the LA Fitness and the 3 juicers I noticed didn't have any legs...nikkas looking at awe when we were squatting 4 plates. shyt is sad really. What's the use of cheating and still have smaller legs than most...plus it's even more outrageous b/c of the roid shoulders and chest. :dwillhuh:

:russ:Thought I was the only one that called them dudes that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

legday.jpg