Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just copped an iPod a few days ago and accidentally dropped it on one of my weights at home :snoop:

Hopefully walmart will still take it back with the cracked screen

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Breaks the monotony of training during the week.

The workout time is smaller so in not in there as long.

We typically work at rates that counts as cardio which I am less motivated to do on my own.

The personal trainers at my gym do not push their clients whatsoever. It is frustrating to see someone who I know is spending huge money on these sessions and appears to be getting so little out of it. If you ever wanna plays 'spot the personal training student' at my gym just look for the people chatting it up looking like they just walked in the door fresh even after 30 minutes.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The personal trainers at my gym do not push their clients whatsoever. It is frustrating to see someone who I know is spending huge money on these sessions and appears to be getting so little out of it. If you ever wanna plays 'spot the personal training student' at my gym just look for the people chatting it up looking like they just walked in the door fresh even after 30 minutes.
I wonder how much of that is the trainer playing up to what the client provides effort wise. A good amount of people who work with trainers are newbies and/or generally not yet in shaped to really be pushed. Those types aren't likely to work with trainers.

People in general respond to the energy they get. I'm not an athlete or in good shape but I've only stopped doing a movement totally and that was because of an injury. My trainer knows I'm going to push to the limit every time and the volume reflects that.

That's just my view from my gym. Most of the trainers there live the lifestyle so I don't think they aren't pushing people for being lazy. No question. That seems to be part of the industry however.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Brahs that do/did EC stack, did y'all suffer from the Sore throat? I drink a ton of water (about 1.5 gal) a day but the E done dried my nasal passage up so much my throat is sore.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
:whew:

So we did a squat workout last night. He was videotaping my form and going over different things that were wrong w my technique. My ankle mobility is a bit limited and although I typically go very deep in the hole my butt tends to "wink" on the very bottom of the last few heavy reps. He showed me some nice warmups like dead bugs w heavy deep diaphragm breathing to warm the core up for proper engagement. We did some cool band work to loosen up my ankles too. Then we hit a big pyramid of box squats while he really watched every rep to guide me any mistakes I was making. I didn't really peak out near any mad weight but I was able to knock out higher rep ranges than I had been on similar weights when I was lifting alone. The way back down the pyramid I really was able to burn out nicely while still keeping the proper form. Then we did Bulgarian split squats w dbs. Pretty much til n quads were fried. Wasn't a huge workout but very educational. I'm looking forward to this.

semtex

:)
Daps
Doing bodyweight stuff every morning for about 15-20 minutes no matter what :takedat: feelsgoodman.jpg

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
"Do You Even Lift" is my favorite shirt. :russ:

Warned my breh about trying to keep up with me in weights..dude overtrained now has a fever. :wow:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Being barrel chested unappreciation. My arms would look huge if they weren't dwarfed by my torso depth. :to:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Being barrel chested unappreciation. My arms would look huge if they weren't dwarfed by my torso depth. :to:
Nah breh... i'm the opposite my arms look big but I take the top off..... I got a decent spread from my back... chest is pretty wide... but thickness? Nah. Just looks weak. I'd prefer a bigger chest and smaller arms.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
brehs i think working out consistently has also helped my drinking tolerance, i haven't had a hangover in a while, i hope it stays that way :whoo: