Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Analyze this shyt for me...Should my ass be poking that high?Too much ham involvement? Is the main thing that my back was erect whole time?:leostare: @semtex

hell yeah, good shyt...

Remember deadlifts are a leg exercise not back...Your form looked pretty good, especially because with the immense weight, you were able to demonstrate a consistent in control movement, with no signs of stress on the back being directly involved..

Also for your size(6'2) it won't look exactly the same as someone shorter (like me deadlifting)

Can't tell yall how many times I cringe in the gym on a daily basis when I see cats deadlifting heavy reps (3+ plates) and then end up stalling the movement, trying the force the weight up by using their back instead of legs...

At this point I don't even say shyt :snoop:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
IMO deadlifts are more of a back exercise than a leg one. It's a compound first and foremost which works multiple large areas. To say they work both back and legs primarily I would agree with. But more a leg workout than back? Nope.

Saying that I do them 1 lower day a week- replacing squats. In a chest/back/legs type routine I would do them on back day.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm sad my EC stack ends this week :(

Already stopped mine because I felt like I had already plateau'd at 2200 calories and I really have no intention of dropping any further because that isn't sustainable. Bumping back up to 2700 for a couple weeks then gonna start the stack again to finish it off back down at 2200 for a few more :win:

semtex

:)
Daps
IMO deadlifts are more of a back exercise than a leg one. It's a compound first and foremost which works multiple large areas. To say they work both back and legs primarily I would agree with. But more a leg workout than back? Nope.

Saying that I do them 1 lower day a week- replacing squats. In a chest/back/legs type routine I would do them on back day.
They slam my glutes

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

:dahell: The back isn't even involved in doing a DL. From I've seen most people don't know to properly DL. Honestly there should be no feeling(pain) in your back from DL's. It's primarily a Hamstring and quad exercise...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
aM1vgKX_460sa_v1.gif

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
i feel deadlifts all throughout my body...the most doms in the weak parts that the exercise uses. used to be my lower back and glutes. sometimes lats if i am touching my scapulas extra tight and use it for a lat exercise. when i go heavy mostly forearms and hams. no belt and 4+ plates and my abs are killing me. swiss army knife shyt :lupe:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Already stopped mine because I felt like I had already plateau'd at 2200 calories and I really have no intention of dropping any further because that isn't sustainable. Bumping back up to 2700 for a couple weeks then gonna start the stack again to finish it off back down at 2200 for a few more :win:

I Would recommend reverse dieting than jumping straight to 2700, even though you're still at a deficit you might hold onto some extra water jumping up like that.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Took a progress picture today and I was disappointed on how my legs look. My upper is starting too look a lot bigger than my lower. Admittedly, I don't workout legs, at all. But in my defense, it's because I'm coming off of two fractured hip injuries and it doesn't enable me to put any weight on my legs. The most recent fracture came in January and the doctors advised I stay off of it for awhile.

Starting to get them chicken legs. :(

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Took a progress picture today and I was disappointed on how my legs look. My upper is starting too look a lot bigger than my lower. Admittedly, I don't workout legs, at all. But in my defense, it's because I'm coming off of two fractured hip injuries and it doesn't enable me to put any weight on my legs. The most recent fracture came in January and the doctors advised I stay off of it for awhile.

Starting to get them chicken legs. :(
Car wreck?