Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:ehh: might try this with some lower weight, but I can never get used to the bar positioning for front sqauts.

Did weighted dips/pullups for the first time in months, my left shoulder is :deadrose:
I still haven't found the best method but I can get through 3-4 sets on 8-10 reps at a lower weight. Feels great on the quads and like I said its the best warms up for my hips in the quickest time frame.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ive been having some hip pains too. I mite have to try front squats again. I just cant get the grip right. I even tried straps. They are the GOAT quad accessory though.

@The ADD what weight/reps/sets are you doing for front squats... heavy load or just warmup bloodflow shyt?

I started out pretty low and I was going to try to go heavy but the grip is becoming an issue. Its just blood flow warm-up now. 4 good working sets between 135-155. Not heavy but I'm getting full range of motion so that still wakes the quads up.

It would take me 2-3 sets of back squats for my hip to feel up to going heavy. I can basically jump to working sets now.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Man my lifting game has been :trash:during this entire cut. Obviously I'm really only concerned about maintenance, but I have been so bad I'm starting to wonder how I haven't reverted back to origami status

Can't find any energy or motivation to lift for more than 30 minutes no matter how many sets I have as a goal. Reps have dropped like 25% at least with equal weights. Haven't done a leg workout in weeks other than two times doing hill sprints.

I just walk around too much at work, combined with my cardio sessions I just can't really focus on lifting. At least the cut is going well :manny:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Flat and decline bb bench feels so awkward...I can't go over 185 now without pain in my shoulders. Such a shytty chest workout yesterday night. Worst one in a minute.:snoop:

Doing legs and back...need a bounce back day in the gym. :whoo:

semtex

:)
Daps
I look so small but I've been eating minimum 3000 cals and gettin stronger :leostare: Haven't weighed myself though bc I have no scale

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Had a whole pizza on Sunday and I'm just finishing shytting out all that cheese. :wow:

Still feeling the dead-lifts on Saturday...just did back today no squats. That's what I get for showing out. :flabbynsick:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Went to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for my shoulder. I had surgery on it for a torn labrum two years ago. I recently reinjured it. Might be a loose piece of cartilege. I took it easy for a couple of weeks, but it got worse so I visited my doctor.
Anyway, I have to stop weight lifting or it's going to get worse. :sadbron: I had been weight lifting after surgery, but against the doctor's orders because I have osteoarthritis. Well, I'm only making it worse, which ends up in having to get total shoulder reconstruction. And there's no weight lifting allowed after that. So, I'm going to have to give up the V-shaped back. That's like a major bodybuilding goal I had since I was 20. I'll be working on legs, bicep and tricep. Can't do pull-ups and bench press and stuff where the exercise involves the shoulder in motion.
Doctor was like, well you can run to stay active. I didn't give him the :camby: because he's right. Cool doctor though. He did surgery on a bunch of guys on the Indianapolis Colts and has autographed photos in his office.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Went to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for my shoulder. I had surgery on it for a torn labrum two years ago. I recently reinjured it. Might be a loose piece of cartilege. I took it easy for a couple of weeks, but it got worse so I visited my doctor.
Anyway, I have to stop weight lifting or it's going to get worse. :sadbron: I had been weight lifting after surgery, but against the doctor's orders because I have osteoarthritis. Well, I'm only making it worse, which ends up in having to get total shoulder reconstruction. And there's no weight lifting allowed after that. So, I'm going to have to give up the V-shaped back. That's like a major bodybuilding goal I had since I was 20. I'll be working on legs, bicep and tricep. Can't do pull-ups and bench press and stuff where the exercise involves the shoulder in motion.
Doctor was like, well you can run to stay active. I didn't give him the :camby: because he's right. Cool doctor though. He did surgery on a bunch of guys on the Indianapolis Colts and has autographed photos in his office.

I aint no doctor and I have no facts to back this up but I remember reading that people with shoulder problems were still able to do chest dips (not wide grip though) without much pain. Dips alone will help a lot with the V shape even if not ideal.

I don't know the extent of your issues though or what range of motion you will possess. Just tossing it out there.