Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I use the leg extension machine and the hyperextension bar for hammies.

Legs and shoulders tonight...warm outside too...:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Got back from the gym with my first time using the Fat Gripz

Had done 3 sets with forearm/bicep as secondary muscle (1 pull up, 1 chin up, 1 machine row). Wasn't really feeling much in my forearms yet. Slapped the Fat Gripz on the machine and did 2 sets of rows with a bit lighter weight then normal. Hopped over and slapped them on some dumbells and did 1 set of hammer curls. Forearms on fire :blessed:

Probably not something needed if you do heavy deadlifts often or a ton of sets of bicep curls/shrugs/farmers walks/whatever, but for me and my express routines they are going to be just what I need. I will say though that they made the rowing machine useless for back, I had to drop the weight to the point where I would normally be able to do 20-25 reps without them. But I didn't get them to improve my back workout obviously.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
1798617_969667473292_2076713914_n.jpg

:blessed:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Don't know where to post this so hopefully someone can tell me if I am in the right path or not.

So I started last week a 500 calories and 100 carbs a day diet with no exercise. I will be joining the gym next week but I'm wondering if I continue this diet, will I actually lose weight? :ohhh:

I'm trying to lose my belly

Once I start hitting the gym( I plan on going 5 days) should I consume more calories(800)?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Don't know where to post this so hopefully someone can tell me if I am in the right path or not.

So I started last week a 500 calories and 100 carbs a day diet with no exercise. I will be joining the gym next week but I'm wondering if I continue this diet, will I actually lose weight? :ohhh:

I'm trying to lose my belly

Once I start hitting the gym( I plan on going 5 days) should I consume more calories(800)?
I'm not an expert but this isn't going to help you at any level. That generally a quarter of what men should consume a day.

At a base level that's not remotely sustainable for progress.

There is zero reason to do this.

There are a lot of knowledgable people here who can give you good advice. Drop some more details about where you are now and what you are truly trying accomplish.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
I'm not an expert but this isn't going to help you at any level. That generally a quarter of what men should consume a day.

At a base level that's not remotely sustainable for progress.

There is zero reason to do this.

There are a lot of knowledgable people here who can give you good advice. Drop some more details about where you are now and what you are truly trying accomplish.
Thank you for replying.

I'm mainly trying to drop belly fat/lose my stomach. Eventually I would like to get abs and ripped down the road.

I dropped belly fat back in '08 from just playing soccer but over the years gained it back after I stopped playing. I figure I make this year the year I drop it and whatnot.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Thank you for replying.

I'm mainly trying to drop belly fat/lose my stomach. Eventually I would like to get abs and ripped down the road.

I dropped belly fat back in '08 from just playing soccer but over the years gained it back after I stopped playing. I figure I make this year the year I drop it and whatnot.
This could go a lot of ways but I will try to brief:

You cant spot reduce fat on your body. Overall loss is the only way to get there.

If the goal is to lose fat in general it's a question of what you can really commit to. You can decide to focus on eating more whole, nutritious foods and drinking less/no calories. If you are motivated enough you can dive deeper and get into counting calories and macro counting.

Without knowing your body make-up, generally speaking doing a crazy amount of cardio alone isn't a path to getting abs if you have never seen them before. Usually some heavy weight is going to have to be picked up and moved around.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
This could go a lot of ways but I will try to brief:

You cant spot reduce fat on your body. Overall loss is the only way to get there.

If the goal is to lose fat in general it's a question of what you can really commit to. You can decide to focus on eating more whole, nutritious foods and drinking less/no calories. If you are motivated enough you can dive deeper and get into counting calories and macro counting.

Without knowing your body make-up, generally speaking doing a crazy amount of cardio alone isn't a path to getting abs if you have never seen them before. Usually some heavy weight is going to have to be picked up and moved around.
I have been counting calories and carbs and also I only drink water, Been doing this for two weeks. I plan on lifting weights and what not.

I just don't know if once I start going to the gym, should I increase my calorie intake? I know I need protein as well.

P.S. I eat a small bowl of cereal with soy milk for breakfast normally around 8-9am, a tuna sandwhich at 3pm, and either 1 or 2 cups yogurts(50 calories) at 7pm.

Thanks for replying

semtex

:)
Daps
stir some sriracha in with canned tuna (drain the water), dip in there with some tortilla chips...:ohlawd: oh my fukkin godddd

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I have been counting calories and carbs and also I only drink water, Been doing this for two weeks. I plan on lifting weights and what not.

I just don't know if once I start going to the gym, should I increase my calorie intake? I know I need protein as well.

P.S. I eat a small bowl of cereal with soy milk for breakfast normally around 8-9am, a tuna sandwhich at 3pm, and either 1 or 2 cups yogurts(50 calories) at 7pm.

Thanks for replying
So you are currently eating 500 cals? How are you able to function?

You need to raise calories to a "normal" level now. Any weight you are likely losing is water and eventually muscle with a lesser portion of fat. I'm sure you don't want that.