Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm seeing where this takes me. Never did leg presses until recently. My pr last week, 10 plates. Broke it with 12 plates yesterday. Got up, didn't even take off those 12 plates off the machine. Who could fukk with me? No one's gonna give me shyt, they just saw me push that atlus ass weight.

Per side? :obama:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Got my hydration levels back to normal and have consistently weighed over 162 and this morning clocked in at 164.2, so I'm definitely gaining finally :blessed:

Been eating around 3400 for the last few days. Going to get back on the 3200 number but I'm going to reduce my protein and increase my carbohydrates. Was taking 230g protein which is unnecessary, and is increasing my metabolic rate since the body works harder digesting it. Going to increase carbs to 50% of my daily calorie intake and hope 3200 is the magic number

Still seeing a six pack in the morning, but not really in the afternoon once I am bogged down by sodium and dairy products:sadcam: gotta get over it. Sacrifices.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
tumblr_mxq9hko4eL1t6ya5ro1_500.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Whole article makes me :snoop:

Ray Allen
Allen confronted his one dilemma with the program once training camp began. With his activity level ramped up -- practices, weightlifting sessions, the endless shooting he does to hone his craft -- he began to feel depleted. So he did something that even one of the world's top proponents of the Paleo diet acknowledges is OK for athletes with a high activity level: He increased his consumption of carbs.

Blake Griffin
His Atlanta-based business manager, Lorne Clarke -- who competes in CrossFit, a fast-growing workout sport in which Paleo eating is prevalent -- got Griffin to join him for a 100-day Paleo challenge. Griffin did a modified version, incorporating some rice and other quality starches (sweet potatoes, occasional white potatoes) to fuel his activity level. He's stuck with it ever since.

Only one in the article who is actual on Paleo is Luis Scola, and even his is combined with the Zone diet. Basically, these guys have cut out sugar and are now on a "paleo" diet. :shaq2:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Whole article makes me :snoop:

Ray Allen
Allen confronted his one dilemma with the program once training camp began. With his activity level ramped up -- practices, weightlifting sessions, the endless shooting he does to hone his craft -- he began to feel depleted. So he did something that even one of the world's top proponents of the Paleo diet acknowledges is OK for athletes with a high activity level: He increased his consumption of carbs.

Blake Griffin
His Atlanta-based business manager, Lorne Clarke -- who competes in CrossFit, a fast-growing workout sport in which Paleo eating is prevalent -- got Griffin to join him for a 100-day Paleo challenge. Griffin did a modified version, incorporating some rice and other quality starches (sweet potatoes, occasional white potatoes) to fuel his activity level. He's stuck with it ever since.

Only one in the article who is actual on Paleo is Luis Scola, and even his is combined with the Zone diet. Basically, these guys have cut out sugar and are now on a "paleo" diet. :shaq2:

I don't see the problem. The guy clearly says for athletes of that caliber they need to incorporate more carbs.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I don't see the problem. The guy clearly says for athletes of that caliber they need to incorporate more carbs.

My point is, it then becomes a different diet. You can't just change all the rules for a certain group of people because the rules don't work and claim it is the same diet.

Anyway......don't want to clog this thread arguing about Paleo so I won't speak on it anymore

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My point is, it then becomes a different diet. You can't just change all the rules for a certain group of people because the rules don't work and claim it is the same diet.

Anyway......don't want to clog this thread arguing about Paleo so I won't speak on it anymore
:yeshrug: doesn't seem important

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Going in for day 6 of a 9 day lifting stretch. I know I should take a rest day, but I have been really restless at home and need to let out my energy somehow. Will rest on Xmas eve/day

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm seeing where this takes me. Never did leg presses until recently. My pr last week, 10 plates. Broke it with 12 plates yesterday. Got up, didn't even take off those 12 plates off the machine. Who could fukk with me? No one's gonna give me shyt, they just saw me push that atlus ass weight.
U stay on some "lifting to deal w/insecurities shyt"

fukk a leg press....Squat nikka :birdman: