Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
One rep max on overhead press isn't really the be all end all when working delts.
You are better off doing 55 to 75 lbs. for multiple reps going through a full range of motion. i.e. barbell down to the clavicles at the bottom of the motion. Cheating the bar up is counter-productive, and works the legs and lower back more, which isn't bad if you are doing a cross-fit thingy, but it works your delts less.

:whoa: Was just stating to emphasis my gain...clean and jerk motion is just for me to get the weight to my clavicle area. I usually don't have to worry about that, but the squat rack we being used....for bicep curls.

Can someone explain to me why I seem to focus and do better with my legs elevated on the bench press? What are some good techniques to unrack when going heavy...? I always need someone to unrack while going 80+% my max.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
been working on isolation. might need to go heavier on chest.

Currently my biceps and triceps and traps are sore as hell.

glutamine is calling my name

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:whoa: Was just stating to emphasis my gain...clean and jerk motion is just for me to get the weight to my clavicle area. I usually don't have to worry about that, but the squat rack we being used....for bicep curls.

Can someone explain to me why I seem to focus and do better with my legs elevated on the bench press? What are some good techniques to unrack when going heavy...? I always need someone to unrack while going 80+% my max.
For bench press when unracking a heavy barbell, ask a spotter to lift the bar off with you. Count to three out loud and lift the bar off together. Don't pick a boob as a spotter. Have someone who is stronger than you in case you get stuck at the bottom.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just took a huge ego hit last night. New coworker was surprised that I lifted weights based on my skinniness :heh:.........:sadcam:

Had to explain to her the struggles of an 30 year old ectomorph attempting a clean bulk :huhldup:

Was 153 when I was shredded (fat loss wise), which means I probably need a solid 12 pounds of muscle added at the same BF% before I don't look skinny anymore (165 at 10% BF)

Gaining a pound a week and assuming half fat/half muscle and then cutting fat afterwards, thats like 9 months of quality nutrition and training just to get to the minimum of not looking skinny. My training and nutrition haven't even really gotten really good until the last 2 months.

shyt killed my ego hard and gave me the fleeting thought of starting a steroid cycle :lupe:....but nah, it aint that serious.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I need to buy lil cartons of chocoloate milk like they had back in school so i can drink a shake while at work

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I'm seeing where this takes me. Never did leg presses until recently. My pr last week, 10 plates. Broke it with 12 plates yesterday. Got up, didn't even take off those 12 plates off the machine. Who could fukk with me? No one's gonna give me shyt, they just saw me push that atlus ass weight.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Just got done with my af pt test maxed everything except the run how the hell are you suppose to run like a 9 min 1.5 mile

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm seeing where this takes me. Never did leg presses until recently. My pr last week, 10 plates. Broke it with 12 plates yesterday. Got up, didn't even take off those 12 plates off the machine. Who could fukk with me? No one's gonna give me shyt, they just saw me push that atlus ass weight.
:stopitslime: